Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

A Somali Proverb

Som@li   

Is qor bilaa liis, I agree here with Castro, Qaa qof isqoray, Bil aa liis,Withiout a list.

Caano lis iyo wax u dhowna maaaha. :D

Ibtisam   

Looool hahaha hahaha loool. :Dredface.gif

Serenity, those idi*ots were just pulling your leg! Pay them no mind, adgia aya saax aah.

By the way "the prove is in the budding" originated with soufflés, which are complicated to make and you never know how they’ve quite turned out till you taste it. :D

Ms DD   

Bit like "qajac qajac Khadiija warsame".

It is just an expression.

Ibti..Hello there, happy today?

The proof is in the pudding saying..i never knew. Cheers for that. I will put in my 'things you need to know for no reason' list.

Abtigiis   

Serenity

Pole sana! waan arkay wuxuu afnijaaska Tuujiye meeshan ka aqriyay!! Waxaasoo kale miyaa la ogolyahay horta here?

Laakiin, waa NABSI! anigoon waxba ku oran ayaad shalay oo dhan Pscho moron ta ihaysay. Just because I wanted to joke with you! BTW, I am not comparing myself to any 'vulgar' dude out there. Just wanted to say you were harsh on me!

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

Serenity, those idi*ots were just pulling your leg! Pay them no mind, adgia aya saax aah.

Those idi*ts seemed pretty serious and convinced of the shyte they were churning out all night... Oh the desperation of wanting to win an argument!! :D

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tolka:

Serenity

Pole sana! waan arkay wuxuu afnijaaska Tuujiye meeshan ka aqriyay!! Waxaasoo kale miyaa la ogolyahay horta here?

Laakiin, waa NABSI! anigoon waxba ku oran ayaad shalay oo dhan Pscho moron ta ihaysay. Just because I wanted to joke with you! BTW, I am not comparing myself to any 'vulgar' dude out there. Just wanted to say you were harsh on me!

My insults were nothing compared to you referring to me as if I was an object that was owned. You're officially on my dirty-mouthed-lads(DML) list, so join ranks with your buddy Tuujiye.

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

Tuujiyow, duco mooye wax kale kuuma hayo.

LooooooooooooooooooooL..wax karaaye Tuujiye adaa kaa arkay

MMA....I always wondered where that I originated from. I was Ciyaal Bilaajo. That Suuq was just to the south of us.

Ibtisam   

Serenity. I must let you know, you got out played for once. The given definition and most of the other conversations were design to pull your leg. icon_razz.gif My pleasure to watch the confusion. :D lool. I had a right laugh! lol Thanks dear.

dirty-mouthed-lads(DML)

:D:D

Cara.   

You know, for all the authoritative hand-waving, nobody has actually added anything to Serenity's original post. This must be a perfect demonstration of the idiom itself.

money   

Is qor bilaa liis ( in games ) = it is the Somalized English version of score please like when your team like Raptors are missing every basket.

is qor biliis - score her/the chick ..,please ( in sexual relationships) = don't be liis ( reversed female genitalia in Somali) blocker - macalimadda ku soco or let us be dogs and score!

iskor bariis - is a new dish at Banaadir Restaurant - like bariis is kor kor saaran -- or bariis skinnies eat for is koris - to gain weight and body mass! it has a lot of fats and carbs - that will knock you out and make u fall asleep like african badar ka dhargay!

That was a joke!

But it could be applied to all of these unvited wedding crashers that show up in every wedding as it is a party for the whole city-

For real though - it is isku dhadhajis meel aan lagaa rabin and u naagnaageeys qof aan ku rabin iyo isku kakab kuwo aan ku rabin

Is Qor Bilaa liis = Koolo!

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Tuujiyee:

^^^ what the F!!!!!!!!!!!!! waraa cadaan iska doon doonkaa la iska dhigaayo maxaa waaye (That gave me a good chuckle. ) Aqas!!! Valenteenah war bajaq yahee sida isku dhaan yaa rabi!! (chuckle) man!!! aloo yaa ogaado wili sharci ma qabtid!

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Bal adigu af-somaaliga aad qoreysid hagaaji marka hore ;)