Sign in to follow this  
Xafsa

Nabsi!

Qac Qaac   

flying still, sis if u promised someone that u r gonna marry them, and now that u seen is getting serious u got afraid and wanna stay back from it. if that is the reason then is not good.

but let's say u found out the guy, drinks. then u could break that promise.

so it depends on the person, if the person is a good brother and u leave him for no reason. then yeah obviously u'll get it, for wasting that good brothers time.

i know lots of girls that happen this to them, they left good brothers for no reason, and now the girl jamaicans have her, coz all the good brothers don't believe her anymore, coz they seen what she did to that nice person. and no one approaches her anymore, untill then she got fed up, and frustrated, and start going to the jamaicans, end of story, and the good brother got married to a good woman, and has nice 3 kids, and lives happily.

so pls make sure u r making the right decision, based on the right situation ok

nuune   

Nabsi hadduu dad wax ka tarayo dad badan oon aqaano ayuu ka tari lahaa xittaa aniga,so waad igu khilaafi kartaa ra'yigaas,but nabsi doesn't work for me and it is only a word used 2 scare people in real life,nabsi yuuna kugu dhicin aa lagu dhahaa,just like digniin or taxaddar...............

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by flying-still:

( this is assuming you have no valid reason not to be with this person..just that your niyah is not stable.)

What more valid reason do you need if your niyah is not stable...

Like Lakkad siad "Nabsi in my eyes is when u do someone wrong and u initiated the wrong doing."

So, if you make a promise/axdi to someone only to get something out of it (to your advantage), then I think you'll pay for it one way or the other...But if the promise/axdi was real and came from your Niyah, then you can change your mind if later your Niyah is not stable or happy...

I hope that makes sense...

I love you flying still! that song is my all time favorite ;)

Nabsi: I do believe there is such thing as nabsi, and it might not be abvious to you, but you may committed without your knowledge.

A7LA-SHU   

Originally posted by Qac Qaac:

flying still, sis if u promised someone that u r gonna marry them, and now that u seen is getting serious u got afraid and wanna stay back from it. if that is the reason then is not good.

so it depends on the person, if the person is a good brother and u leave him for no reason. then yeah obviously u'll get it, for wasting that good brothers time.

i know lots of girls that happen this to them, they left good brothers for no reason, and now the girl jamaicans have her, coz all the good brothers don't believe her anymore, coz they seen what she did to that nice person. and no one approaches her anymore, untill then she got fed up, and frustrated, and start going to the jamaicans, end of story, and the good brother got married to a good woman, and has nice 3 kids, and lives happily.

so pls make sure u r making the right decision, based on the right situation ok

say what.. dude u scarin my poor sista here lol.. nah seriously i don't think that is a bad thing to do. i mean if the girl don't feel this isn't what she wanna do or this isn't the person she wanna be with why not? i mean she didn't play him for fool the whole time and she was honest to tell him right away how she feels..

and what is up with the story with the girl ending up with jamaicain guy? dude please. i personaly have done dat and not with any jamacian yet lol.. there is nothing better than honesty my dear. if the brotha is kool he'll understand.. after all he wouldn't wanna marry someone who doesn't feel the same way about him...

flying still i have better idea for ya.. ignore the person if u really can't tell him.. it works for me hahaha lol.. that sounds like being coward but hey a girl gotta do what a girl gotta do... :D

Xafsa   

^^^^loool....ignore aa?

Runaway virgin----I love that song too....its heart breaking really....the other song that I love is "miyuusan aadan kuba dalin xaawo naaska kuu dhigin iga dhowr dhibaatada ragga laguma dheelee!!

I myself do believe that there is nabsi...in all different forms! Lakkad doesn't making a promise and backing out because your scared qualify as a bad thing? That goes for kool kat as well.

I've always believed in Karma...what goes around comes around.

For example: I have an uncle who was talking to this one chick back in the early 90's...it got to a point where they decided to get married...before the families got involved she ranaway with a another guy!! A few years later she comes looking for him after the other guy uu soo rafaadiyay.

So you see abaalkaaga meel baad ka helee!

Macalin   

Lakkad doesn't making a promise and backing out because your scared qualify as a bad thing? That goes for kool kat as well.

I've always believed in Karma...

I dont think thats bad..1 becoz u doing some soul searching,2 because you are genuine about ur fears.

its perfectly normal to do some soul searching!...Just running away from them is terrible w/out telling em is bad

Kool_Kat   

Lakkad doesn't making a promise and backing out because your scared qualify as a bad thing?

I don't see anything anything wrong with changing your mind, for whateva reason...That's why we have choices...What's worse is that knowing your heart isn't in to it, and leading the person on...There's nothing wrong with honesty...Actually it is the best thing, when it comes to relationships...It might hurt the person, but at least you're being honest...And being honest doesn't mean NABSI...

Haneefah   

Yes I do believe in Nabsi in all aspects of life...if you do a human being wrong intentionally, not will you only be punished in this world but also in the hereafter. Now haven said that, when it comes to marriage I think it's a little different. You can make a promise to someone but then later have a change of heart, after all you're only a human, and we change in response to new experiences we go through in life...and our perspective about that someone we're considering cannot always remain the same...

That's why in Islam the engagement period is so critical...you need to discover any last gut feeling you might have about that person...and if there's any part of you that hesitates or doesn't wanna go ahead with the marriage, then you have every right to break off that engagement even that person is logically the best suiter for you...b/c chances are that feeling will not disappear after marriage but only worsen. But when you break it off, you have to do it in a very considerate manner. I honestly don't think this would call for nabsi because you're only doing what's best for your future and following your heart.

However, if this becomes habitual, then things change...there's ppl out there with twisted motives who intentionally break ppl's hearts...i.e jumping from one guy to another, giving them hope based on lies and deceit and then later shattering their hearts into bits and pieces...that will definitely cause nabsi...in fact it's a sin!!

P.S. karma means what goes around comes around? :confused:

My 2nd question was about making a promise to some one such as a promise to marry that person...but at the end you decide that marriage isn't what you want so you back out of it thus breaking your promise....should you stay with the person 'cause your afraid of nabsi. ( this is assuming you have no valid reason not to be with this person..just that your niyah is not stable.)

Flying-Still, is it possible that maybe shaitan is unsettling your heart to prevent you from doing something good (marriage)? I mean, if you liked this person enough to promise to marry them and they haven't really changed what possible reason could you have for changing your mind? I think you're just getting cold feet which is very natural. My advice is to pray istakharah and ask Allah to settle your heart and then inshaAllah, Allah will guide you to make the best decision.

May Allah make this easy for you.

salaam

I believe in nabsi. Everyone gets what they deserve eventually. However, I also believe in listening to intuition. If something doesn't feel right, its best to follow your instincts.

I think what counts here flying is something you yourself told me a little while ago..."I find that Allah has a way of taking care of everything haddii aad u dan sheegatid". smile.gif

Qac Qaac   

magnoona girl hanaga waalin nooh, see camal adi, i hope u could read somali lol.

hey i am not scaring her, i just telling her the worst case scenario that's all.

Xafsa   

Originally posted by BARWAAQO:

I think what counts here
flying
is something you yourself told me a little while ago...
"I find that Allah has a way of taking care of everything haddii aad u dan sheegatid"
smile.gif

Thank you sweety for reminding me...It slipped my mind. Adi you don't forget things haye? ;)