Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

'We are proud to be Africans'

dawoco   

no-one at all wanted to live in Nigeria - Africa's most populous country.

lol, isn't that ironic?

Nice one northerner. It is nice to see that all though the inhabitents of Africa are so diverse, that there is still a common "african pride".

nuune   

I don't mind living in Nigeria, especially Lagos, I love this city, I hope one day I will fulfill my dream.

Wiilo   

I'm proud to be African, particularly, SOMALIAN, but I agree with Jacaylbaro, waxaan nacay dadkiisa kuwa xun xun, ee kadambeeyay, DIL, DHAC, KUFSI, iyo waliba burburinta DALKA. Kuwaas Ilaahay Ha qabto Dhammaantood.

Wabillaahi Towfiiq:

SoMa_InC   

Keeping it absolutely African.

Damn I breath Africa, Eat Africa, Sleep Africa, ....lol....Damn I am so proud to be African....Proud of African heritage, culture and so on.

Peace yall

Shouldn’t we first be proud of being Somali before we move to the rest of the continent??? :confused:

I suggest we should do that first and then we will stop killing each other and be proud of who we are at home then move to the rest of Africa!

AYOUB   

6.jpg

Very interesting.

Originally posted by dawoco:

quote:no-one at all wanted to live in Nigeria - Africa's most populous country.

lol, isn't that ironic?

Yes it is. :D

I'm sure there are decent Nigerians out there. :D

Curly   

Justcause, walaal Somalis are Africans, by saying you're proud to be African you’re ultimately saying you're proud to be Somali too! (Doesn't it? : :confused: smile.gif

I assumed this was true because these people who were surveyed for the article were only asked about their particular country and how they felt about their country and then it was obviously concluded that these were the collective thoughts of Africans about Africa.

I see Somalis are so eager to separate themselves from Africa, next you’ll be professing to be a continent of your own.

I’d say I was proud to be African, but I believe pride is poisonous and I’ve read that pride is also the fuel of disbelief.

I don’t know about you lot but pride also seems to be the next top reason for conflict and war next to money and power.

In the Qu’ran it says:

“Indeed he does not love the proud†(An Nahl :23)

“…But today you shall be recompensed with suffering humiliation because you were prideful in the earth without just cause…†(Al-Ahqaaf:20)

You know I think that’s why Somalia and Somaliland suffers so much, we’re so ridden with pride and for what? We’re not a religious nation in fact we have nothing to be proud about yet we brag about nothing and kill for the sake of it.

And the messenger (SAW) said:

“He will not enter paradise who has even a speck of pride in his heartâ€

(Reported by Muslim from Ibn Mas’uwd)

We should be humble and thankful to Allah for what little we do have.

Originally posted by Sullen_Sue:

Justcause, walaal Somalis are Africans, by saying you're proud to be African you’re ultimately saying you're proud to be Somali too! (Doesn't it? : :confused:
smile.gif

Sue we being African comes after being Somali. So my suggestion is we should first learn how to love ourselves at home before we spread the love around the continent! Charity begins at home they say and I say love begins at home.