Sign in to follow this  
RendezVous

Women are inferior to men in the Quran..is it true?

Originally posted by Digaale:

I read somewhere this and made me think...

"Muslims nowadays cannot conceive of behaving like the companions and they will claim that "times have changed" and "we are living in a different reality today". ...

Still dismembering criminals and stoning adulterous women is sick and harsh. Come on, we are civilised .

Originally posted by The Flipmode:

^We don't have pure Islamic shariah based countries, so
Who does that anyway..

strippers
are
more civilized i thought

You are talking about women' body, again!

BACK TO THE THREAD

I leave the issue of Shariah to take you on a simple journey to know the difference regarding women between ISLAM and CHRISTIANITY.

No wonder, Millions of western WOMEN are converting to ISLAM after realizing the truth.

1. The Bible Convicts Women as the original Sinners (ie. Eve picking from the forbidden tree){Genesis 2:4-3:24}.

The Koran Clarifies it was Adam Not Eve {Koran 7:19-25}

2. The Bible says "The Birth of a Daughter is a loss" {Ecclesiasticus 22:3}.

The Koran says both are an Equal Blessing {Koran 42:49 }

3. The Bible forbids women from speaking in church {I Corinthians 14:34-35}.

The Koran says women can argue with the Prophet {58:1}

4. In the Bible, divorced Women are Labeled as an Adulteress, not men {Matthew 5:31-32}

The Koran does Not have Biblical double standards{Koran 30:21}

5. In The Bible, widows and sisters do not inherit Any property or wealth, only men do {Numbers 27:1-11}

The Koran abolished this male greed {Koran 4:22} and God protects all.

6. The Bible Allows Multiple Wives {I Kings 11:3}

In The Koran, God limits the number to 4 only under certain situations (with the wife's permission)and prefers you marry only one wife {Koran 4:3} The Koran gives the woman the right to choose who to marry.

7. "If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives" {Deuteronomy 22:28-30}

One must ask a simple question here, who is really punished, the man who raped the woman or the woman who was raped? According to the Bible, you have to spend the rest of your life with the man who raped you.

The Prophet Muhammad Says {Volume 9, Book 86, Number 101} Narrated by Aisha:"It is essential to have the consent of a virgin (for the marriage)".

Would the Non-Muslim men reading this prefer the Women they know to be Christian or Muslim?

8. The Bible also asks women to wear veils as in Islam {I Corinthians 11:3-10}

9. Women were given rights to Vote less than a 100 years ago in the (US), while the Koran gave women voting rights almost 1,500 years ago.

The truth, do u want the truth anyways :D:D

There are NO RIGHTS for a muslim woman

If Koran gave the right to vote to women, how come they never exercised this right? No arab woman has ever voted in her life.

Okkkkkkk you'll say, those arabs are not "real muslims", they don't follow the Islamic teachings. Great, where is the real teaching of islam practised then? on Mars the red Planet?

Flip the truth is when one surate gives women the right to vote, another hadith discriminates it, while one other hadith treats them like children. Hence the Taliban regime, the Saudi regimes, That's why no civilised muslim country can apply the whole sharia . Some of these laws are harmless other are harsh and discriminating.

It's ****** to make a law that bans women from driving. It's a shame for the muslim world. But I am sure the guy who comes up with this crazy thing will give you all the references to hadith and Islamis teachings on how the saudi governement opted for the ban.

They got all the answers :confused:

smile.gifsmile.gif

Originally posted by makalajabti:

[QB] If Koran gave the right to vote to women, how come they never exercised this right? No arab woman has ever voted in her life.

Please try separating various people's cultures, secular laws and Islamic laws.Women don't vote in some places not because they are classified under
goats and sheeps
but because some fellows decided that they should not.This is a personal maybe say Saudi culture and Not ISLAM.There is no place in the Quraan written women shouldn't vote.Why are women not asking for their rights in the Holy Quraan?.I wonder

Okkkkkkk you'll say, those arabs are not "real muslims", they don't follow the Islamic teachings. Great, where is the real teaching of islam practised then? on Mars the red Planet?

Since we agreed The Shariah can't be implemented coz many people are trying to suit the way they want, or coz muslims now stay with non-muslims everywhere, then you will have to practice your religion the best way possible.Do u have a problem yourself by Praying your five daily prayers, paying your Zakaat, fasting, Going for Hajj(Pilgrimage), and doing your personal Cibaada.If no, then you have no probelm at all with stuff like shariah.I know you love some stuff like Listening to the Hip-Hop(Luniz and Puff) a bit to suit yourself But Let me just keep them out.

Flip the truth is when one surate gives women the right to vote, another hadith discriminates it, while one other hadith treats them like children. Hence the Taliban regime, the Saudi regimes, That's why no civilised muslim country can apply the whole sharia .

Quraan and Hadith are not same level.Quraan is WORD OF GOD and hadith are just mere explanations of the same.It is almost WORD OF THE PROPHET or the way of life of the prophet and his companions(Which may have some relations with culture especially after the prophet died).

Where do u find one Quraan verse contradicting the hadith? The Quraan gave a whole chapter to explain about "WOMEN" while men were not even given.Sometimes people mean totally different things.If The Quraan talks about Jihad it only meant Jihad for self defence not mass murder and killing.some people take that to justify Terrorism or say ISLAM is about Terror.Islam itself means submission and peace.There is no place where it is written "JUST GO AND KILL EVERYONE"...

Read your Quraan properly and digest the meaning sister.

As for Hadith, many are explanations of the Holy Quraan.If you miss some explanations in the Hadeeth, Then there is Ijmaa(Yacni like learned Islamic scholars may advise) and then Qiyaas(Estimate).You know Like chaadka(Miraa)green leaves some fellows chew is never allowed in Islam but everyone just pretends.So On and so forth,

Some of these laws are harmless other are harsh and discriminating.

I know what you mean, Now that those laws(The shariah) are not being implemented entirely, rest assured you can go on and steal and no one will come for your hand.

It's ****** to make a law that bans women from driving. It's a shame for the muslim world. But I am sure the guy who comes up with this crazy thing will give you all the references to hadith and Islamis teachings on how the saudi governement opted for the ban.

You are confusing the Arabs secular+cultures and ISLAM itself.Some of those fellows are just mere warlords.They have no business calling themselves ISLAM.If they are real muslims, why are they fearing to lead the muslims properly.Coz people will accuse them.

They got all the answers :confused:

Like saying, The Quraan writes women have no equality, no rights, no nothing, can't drive, can't vote, can't breath, and can't eat..You are a cracker walahi

NOTE:

To implement The shariah, there are a lot of considerations.

Not all arabs are muslims.

Please refer my earlier posts

Blessed   

Here's an interesting debate on the opression of Arab women.

'This House believes that Arab women should have full equality with men'

It's very simplistic to blame the abuses that go on in some Arab countries on Islam. The issue is far more complex than that.

Digaale

I agree brother. Islam began as a strange thing and the Prophet (saw) said it will return to it's original state. We now have Muslims (ala Makalajabti, Socod Badne) bashing Islam at any given opportunity instead of seeking the knowledge they obviously lack. Allah help us :rolleyes:

Ibtisam   

Makaljabto:

No arab woman has ever voted in her life.

really, i beg to differ, and i have evidence. :D Also there are some arab men that never vote, and guess what else there are countries that vote, but it does not really matter what you vote, the leader has already been decided; you only have to look at Bush first elections.

lastly and not least, i don't think voting can be used to decide how free someone is; consider this:

French philosopher Rousseau: "The English people consider themselves to be free, but they are sadly mistaken. They are free during the parliamentary membership elections. As soon as the members are elected, servitude prevails, and the people are rendered to non-beings. How the English utilize the short moments of freedom enjoyed is indicative that they truly deserve to lose it."

Also, you seem to be a bit confused between people’s actions and shirah law, maybe you should study it first before attributing peoples actions to shirah. It is easy to confuse laws with each interruption of individual countries.

AbdulNoor; no problem :D

cheers

Originally posted by ibtisam:

^^which one dear, i have so many?
:D

one cat out of the bag at a time... the last one was too overwhelming, still reeling from it.

Originally posted by ibtisam:

Makaljabto:

quote:

No arab woman has ever voted in her life.

really, i beg to differ, and i have evidence.
:D
Also there are some arab men that never vote, and guess what else there are countries that vote, but it does not really matter what you vote, the leader has already been decided; you only have to look at Bush first elections. lastly and not least, i don't think voting can be used to decide how free someone is; consider this:
Your evidence is BUSH? :D

Only people living in West consider that voting doesn't prove you are free....Ironic is it?

What you take for granted Ibtinsam , millions of people only dream of.

bilan   

makalajabto

what is your problem with sharia? how much do you know about sharia? before you start debating about something would not be good idea,if you have basic knowledge about the topic? i mean come on we can tell you till we're blue on the face that some saudi laws has nothing to do with sharia but rather culture,but it would not help you if you already formed your opinion and do not want to learn. about arab women and voting,excuse me where you get your statistics from? even though people vote all the time in western countries but that does not change anything.

^^ if the sharia was so perfect, i guess none of us would be in the land of the none believers!

about arab women and voting,excuse me where you get your statistics from? even though people vote all the time in western countries but that does not change anything.

Oh really! So U are boldly saying that eventhough citizens in the western countries vote, there is no much of difference or democracy that You see! Oh please, Can we have abit of reality check here!