Sign in to follow this  
RendezVous

Women are inferior to men in the Quran..is it true?

Ibtisam   

lool^^ get lost farah; you know perfectly well, what i meant; sorry i didn’t check, double check and check again like it was a bloody assignment due in to be marked; maybe next time I’ll do that!!

Practice What YOU (SB) Preach! I hope you overstand!

Ibtisaam,

I hope I NEVER overstand but what is it that I preach that you want me to do? You didn't state what? I mean I preach alot of things, for example:

1. I preach no one should eat at Asian restaurants that exclusively serve animal penises and testicles (I'm not making this up!). I wonder what their customers say when they over/under-cook their meals?

2. I preach humans should treat their fellow living creatures equally and fairly.

... what do you want me to practice?

Originally posted by ibtisam:

^^^you two want each other
:D

makalajabti relax darling, no one cares who is a virgin and who is not, but then the continues talk of the subject is a bit boring; what is the big deal :confused:

How come everyone fails to notice socod-badane's first message? :confused:

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

Makala,

You still haven't answered my question: what is it with you and virginity? Every time the subject is broached, you're there to hound it. Any reasons?

You got all my answers in another thread, I advice you refer to it because I will not repeat myself. You missed the lesson and that's entirely your fault :D

Originally posted by makalajabti:

You got all my answers in another thread, I advice you refer to it because I will not repeat myself. You missed the lesson and that's entirely your fault
:D

Didn't miss anything. You're dodging the question which denotes uneasiness. Why? You won't say. Either way, you've been outed... mission accomplished!

Some few verses that are needed for this kind of discussions..

The Qur’an says in This various chapters:

"And for women are rights over men similar to those of men over women" (2:226)

"Enter into Paradise, you and your wives, with delight". (43:70)

The Qur’an emphasizes the essential unity of men and women in a most beautiful simile:

"They (your wives) are your garment and you are a garment for them". (2:187)

Just as a garment hides our nakedness, so do husband and wife, by entering into the relationship of marriage, secure each other’s chastity. The garment gives comfort to the body; so does the husband find comfort in his wife’s company and she in his. “The garment is the grace, the beauty, the embellishment of the body, so too are wives to their husbands as their husbands are to them.â€

Islam does not consider woman “an instrument of the Devil,†but rather the Qur’an calls her muhsana "a fortress "against Satan because a good woman, by marrying a man, helps him keep to the path of rectitude in his life.

It is for this reason that marriage was considered by the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) as a most virtuous act.

He said: “When a man marries, he has completed one half of his religion.â€

He enjoined matrimony on Muslims by saying:

“Marriage is part of my way and whoever keeps away from my way is not from me (i.e. is not my follower).â€

Before the advent of Islam women were often treated worse than animals. The Prophet wanted to put a stop to all cruelties to women. He preached kindness towards them.

He told the Muslims: “Fear Allah in respect of women.â€

And: “The best of you are they who behave best to their wives.â€

And: “A Muslim must not hate his wife, and if he be displeased with one bad quality in her, let him be pleased with one that is good.â€

And: “ The more civil and kind a Muslim is to his wife, the more perfect in faith he is.â€

SB and the Crew,

Do I give you some more sense to debate properly.. smile.gifsmile.gif

Bahraini Women's Rights Activist Ghada Jamshir Attacks Islamic Clerics for Fatwas Authorizing Sexual Abuse of Children

Al-Arabiya TV (Dubai) - 12/21/2005 - 00:05:01

http://www.memritv.org/Search.asp?ACT=S5&P1=77#

The third clip!

Following are excerpts from an interview with Bahraini women's rights activist Ghada Jamshir , which aired on Al-Arabiya TV on December 21, 2005.

Interviewer: What do you have against the Shari'a courts?

Ghada Jamshir: I have a lot against them. What they have done to the Bahraini women is not a trivial matter. For years women have been going into these courts, only to be oppressed and treated unjustly. We have reached the point that we say: enough. We have reached the breaking point.

[...]

We have a problem with family planning. We have no family planning in Bahrain. The Shiites in Bahrain have marriages for the purpose of mut'ah (pleasure). They bring multitudes of children into the world, without thinking, who grow up in the streets.

It's accepted for a man to marry a Filipino woman, a Bahraini woman, and a third woman from Iran, and then he takes two or three women in mut'ah marriage... How many children will he have?!

Interviewer: On September 12 you declared that you call upon or advise the persecuted women of the Gulf, and especially the Bahraini women, to request "social asylum" in France...

Ghada Jamshir: Not in France, in Spain.

Interviewer: Pardon me, in Spain.

Interviewer: You want opposition from abroad?

Ghada Jamshir: The point is not to have opposition from abroad. The point is for them to live and be protected in a safe country. If a woman cannot get any protection in her country, cannot get any protection from the courts, cannot get any protection in the marital home - where will she go? Where will she go?

[...]

Interviewer: Some people say that Ghada Jamshir is a Sunni, and that this is why she is leading the battle against (mut'ah) marriages, which are authorized by religious law among the Shiites.>/p>

Ghada Jamshir: Authorized by religious law?!

Interviewer: Among the Shiites, yes.

Ghada Jamshir: Does the Islamic Shari'a authorize mut'ah marriages? Does the Islamic Shari'a authorize mut'ah according to the following classification: "Pleasure from sexual contact with her thighs." They have: "Pleasure from sexual touching." "pleasure from sexual contact with her breasts." "Pleasure from a little girl." Do you know what "pleasure from a little girl" means? It means that they derive sexual pleasure from a girl aged two, three, or four.

Interviewer: Let's not go into details...

Ghada Jamshir: Let me tell you what "Pleasure from sexual contact with her thighs" means...

Interviewer: Don't give me the details...

Ghada Jamshir: This is a violation of children's rights! This constitutes sexual assault of the girl. What does "pleasure from sexual contact with her thighs" mean? It means deriving sexual pleasure from an infant. How old is an infant? One year, a year and a half, a few months?

Is it conceivable for a grown man to have sex with an infant girl? And you people tell me that the Islamic Sharia authorizes this? Forget about the mut'ah. Let's talk about misyar. What do misyar marriages mean? You said that I'm a Sunni and that's why I'm attacking the Shiites. No!

Interviewer: Some people claim that.

Ghada Jamshir: No, no. What does the misyar marriage mean? A man marries a woman from another town, and goes to her once a month. He "visits" her. He calls her his "wife."

Interviewer: Not necessarily once a month. He might go there every day.

Ghada Jamshir: Brother Turki, this kind of marriage, this kind of behavior, diminishes the woman's honor as a human being.

[...]

All her life, the woman is a prisoner in her own home. In the past, she would not go out to work, or to study abroad. Very few women would go to university outside Bahrain. She is at home in order to cook, sweep, and raise the children. How will she get an education? There are women whose families are extremist. They even force them to marry against their will.

You tell me, why is female circumcision still practiced in the Arab world? Why? Because there is no education, no awareness. A few days ago, a four-year-old girl called An'am died in Sudan.

Interviewer: Why?

Ghada Jamshir: Because she was circumcised. Four years old, and she died of blood poisoning.

[...]

I am convinced that I was 100% right in everything I have done.

Interviewer: You have been accused of heresy by some places... some Internet forums.

Ghada Jamshir: So what? Even in mosques they accuse me of heresy. So what? You think that if they accuse me of heresy, it affects me?

Interviewer: You don't care?

Ghada Jamshir: No. Allah will decide whether I go to paradise or to hell, not them.

Interviewer: Don't you think that those who accuse you of heresy...

Ghada Jamshir: These are the methods of the weak.

Interviewer: They say they are right, and you say you are right.

Ghada Jamshir: Who gave them the right to accuse me of heresy?

Interviewer: Who gave you the right...

Ghada Jamshir: What, did they go into my heart...

Interviewer: They say...

Ghada Jamshir: Did they see whether I pray or not? Or maybe it's because I don't wear a veil.

Interviewer: So you don't care. It doesn't affect you?

Ghada Jamshir: It doesn't bother me at all.

Thank you for posting lots of rubbish not concerned with our intentions...The topic we are discussing talks about If Women are inferior in the Holy Quraan or not..You didn't answer YES or NO but still decided to post a bahraini transcript on Shariah and How some citizens of bahrain view their "cultured oriented shariah".There is no country which follows Correct Shariahs as at now unlike during our prophet Mohamed's Time.

Time and again, You love to potray your views against The Quraan, The Shariah, The Islamic Teachings in bad light and so keep on posting to potray as if ISLAM is incomplete.. Your various replies have caused suspicions anyway.

Notswithstanding, we have from time to time said that, The Current Islamic countries and Osama Ben Laden do not represent ISLAM and ISLAM has nothing to do with all this trivitalities..Including Terrorism.Islam would NEVER have spread like Bushfire throughout Europe and North America had it not been through explanations for Truth that mankind knows is Pure.

Yours is but to show that ISLAM is Impure ,Incomplete by posting irrelevancy many times on this threads..(sorry for that), trying to associate even transcripts from people against their own government injustices (while at the same time trying to potray it as) being Injustices done to this people by ISLAM..Thank you and Well done,

We have at all times also said that we need Improvements in our ISLAMIC COUNTRIES, that is for sure.Without muslims going back to the drawing board and reversing their belief for ISLAM, we will have problems and our people are going to be weaker.We need people to go back to the Shariah according to the Quraan and Sunnah. I am sure the one you posted was dealing more with bahraini and Iranian culture than The Islamic Shariah

You go ahead and post about Bahraini stuff as if BAHRAIN is an Islamic state.Mind you, the people who are living in Bahraini are muslims and we have no single Shariah Led Islamic state in the world right now leave alone arab Bahrain.Many pretend to be Islamic states but actually follow their own traditions and ways of life Intertwining with ISLAM.A case in example is in Saudi Arabia, where women aren't allowed to drive and in Dubai which is just adjacent, where the same women drive lexus.

to be short with my words, I know someone like you, view Somalia as ISLAMIC state redface.gifredface.gif and still criticize ISLAM for making you a Refugee

Azmaya   

I agree w/ your points Flipmonde. Its true ppl mix islam with culture, and sometimes its hard to see the difference unless you are learned in the deen.

But why would anyone a muslim specially ask if Quran discrimnates against women? Answer is loud NO, islam doesn't its the culture and men who do.

These so called muslim countries are just plain evil towards women (as most human societies), but never would I ever say islam, islam is our freedom.

PS: Salaam to All, i heard SOL was cool inshaAllah i hope to learn from you guys. Peace

The dude is saying no muslim country apply the Sharia Laws correctly!!

So this whole sharia thing is an utopia that existed once in the times of the Prophet and since that time no single muslim country have successfully implemented the SHaria in their society.

What makes you think that You will achieve it then?

Maybe it is time to consider that there is something wrong within the SHaria since all societies are failing to put it onto operation.

[qb] The dude is saying no muslim country applies the Sharia Laws correctly!!

So this whole sharia thing is an utopia that existed once in the times of the Prophet and since that time no single muslim country have successfully implemented the SHaria in their society.

Maybe it is time to consider that there is something wrong within the SHaria since all societies are failing to put it onto operation.

[qb] The dude is saying no muslim country applies the Sharia Laws correctly!!

Although you double posted coz of anger for this Shariah that came and was applied even during the Prophet's time, Dear don't overstep your limits within ISLAM.

It is a known fact that Shariah was not only used by the companions of the prophet but almost during the Islamic empire.

To say that Shariah itself is Faulty here in a forum with many muslims, it is in other words saying, you guys religion is also faulty coz you can't believe in somethings and leave out some others in ISLAM.it is either you believe in ISLAM or not.Then on top of that, nobody even forces you to be in ISLAM if you think to be a somali, you have to

be a muslim, Allah himself says,

2:256

"There is no compulsion in religion.
Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path.
Whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break. And Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower.

Muslims after the Holy Prophet, due to bad rulers, mischief and corruption decided to deviate from ways of the prophet after the four khalifs(Sayidina Abubakar, Umar, Uthman iyo Ali), muslims then disintegrated and each culture moved to it's backyard and practised Islam in its country.Islam expansion went to as far as China and Indonesia and malaysia and there was no control.People started living inside non-muslims and Shariah couldn't be applied correctly.That was why..

It is not the defect as you try to imply, If you are implying to say ISLAM is defect, well and good.All people in the world are Mad, Only the degree differs.. That is almost saying What our prophet Mohamed said was defect..that also means ISLAM itself is defect..and that is where we part ..I have no right to talk to you from that point.

:D:D Do your worst lady

Ibtisam   

Although you double posted coz of anger for this Shariah that came and was applied even during the Prophet's time, Dear don't overstep your limits within ISLAM.

It is a known fact that Shariah was not only used by the companions of the prophet but almost during the Islamic empire.

To say that Shariah itself is Faulty here in a forum with many muslims, it is in other words saying, you guys religion is also faulty coz you can't believe in somethings and leave out some others in ISLAM.it is either you believe in ISLAM or not.Then on top of that, nobody even forces you to be in ISLAM if you think to be a somali, you have to

be a muslim, Allah himself says,

i'm not going to come right out and say shariah is faulty, i think it could not be applied to this day and age, with the current people living in the world. i think shariah law could only work and only worked at the time of the prophet (PBUH) and the Khalifah. Anything after that you only have to read history to see shariah rule, due to different understanding of it become Disaster rule! Shariah allows too much flexibility in its interpretations, so that any tom and dick could justify his actions using his version shariah laws. It is these different interpretations that cause the problems as well as dishonest Muslims, crooks and power hungry people who see Islamic laws as a way to do want they want without people asking difficult questions. Look around the so called "Islamic countries" and tell me if these "Islamist rulers" although claiming to follow shariah law just want to abuses people. the so called Islamic empire you speak of committed some of the worse crimes in that century, so no need to advertise them, they did nothing that anyone should be proud of.

cheers

and tell me if these "Islamist rulers" although claiming to follow shariah law just want to abuses people. the so called Islamic empire you speak of committed some of the worse crimes in that century, so no need to advertise them, they did nothing that anyone should be proud of.

where do you see the Islamic rulers or Islamic empires you are talking about now :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

& Incase you have your eyes and ears about the Islamic empires during the Khulafaa's time, well sounds like you "HATE" them..and u were no different than the average jew..

So be it :rolleyes:

Originally posted by The Flipmode:

some of the people who
[/i]
view Somalia as an ISLAMIC state
redface.gifredface.gif
and still
criticize ISLAM for making then refugees