Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

Ok females what is your dream date?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hmm sorry to ruin the mood but i actually get quite disappointed at the number of posts which seem to accept behaviour that is clearly regarded as unislamic. The way i see it just because we live in the west and some somalis happen to have adopted this whole dating thing as norm doesnt make it okay. At least remember we are still in the month of Ramadan and we could spend our time much more effectively in gaining as much benefit as possible.

On another note i would like to say Eid Mubarak to everyone on Som-Online. smile.gifsmile.gif

Taqwa   

NGONGE Walaal waxa jira adunyada Qaar mooda Dating iyo wixi haraan aah inaay tahaay ilbaxnimo. It's called a form of trying to fit into the Western Life style without coming off as lame. It's like Somali people leaving Europe/North America and visiting Dubai for the first time. Bal inaar ii sheeg what usually happens....they sigh with awe. smile.gif Marriage is indeed a beautiful Remedy.

Wa billahi Towfiiq

Silence i agree

Not only is it a beautiful remedy. It is half of ones Iman. I think more people need to realise that Allah (swt) is the best of planners and when marriage was ordained for men and women in Islam. We should know better than the question it with a false idea that dating can somehow play a role in an Islamic society.

NGONGE   

Silence and Nomadic Princess, calm down and don’t take everything too seriously. I seriously doubt any of those that participated on this thread do not know or understand the message you’re trying to convey. I think this thread was started in a jovial spirit and was intended as such. When you come at them this strongly and talk down to them in such a way, the humour will disappear and they might take the whole thing as badly veiled attempt to have a dig (I’m sure it’s not).

Anyway, tell me, how do people meet before marriage? (Yeah, I’m changing the subject on purpose). :D

If i seemed a little revved up over this topic my bad. I certainly did not intend or hope to be seen to be looking down at anyone, rather this is something that i have been noticing at SOL sometime now. I completly understand that this was intended to be a light hearted discussion. But i guess i should just let it be...for nex time ill just ignore such posts. smile.gif

anywhoo i guess u wanted to change the topic... ill let someone else answer your topic but if im not mistaken i should have reached 50 posts right now.. so am i Nomad yet??

Faheema.   

Anyway, tell me, how do people meet before marriage? (Yeah, I’m changing the subject on purpose).
:D

Here's How :D

1 You put your name down at the local mosque (along with a description of your “ideal†xaaji/xaajiyo)

2 Wait to be contacted by potential xaaji’s/xaajiyo’s

3 Meet and greet them, with supervision of course (this continues several weeks/months to get some clarity)

4 If all parties agree, then wuu kusoo dooni, hadii kale waa ka soco… :D

5 Aroos Wacan ;) ( if No.4 works out on your favour )

On a serious note: none is debating on the value of marriage in Islam and like NGONGE said it’s a bit of light humour… so don’t be so quick to condemn them smile.gif

OG_Girl   

Originally posted by : qori xabaalan:

See ..what I tell u nomads. Even sweet Og-girl does not respect me. What have I done to you sister? Why are u attacking my name? you are not helping. you are putting me into deep depression! Better call Eedo Canbaro and complain!

Oooouch, you beated me with your kindness . Sorry brother I don't mean to put you into despression redface.gifredface.gif

By the way they just annocement the " Eid" they saw the Hilaal ..Eid Mobarek All.

Salam

Taqwa   

Nomadic Princess Stand firm walaalo, why do you have to apologies for something that is visibly not comical in the sight of Allah. Isn't it amusing that whenever someone speaks out of something that is wrong, the word Humor somehow has to come in as a justification? Hmmm let me see, a punch of Nomads gathering around a post, discussing ways to be a better dater. Oh my gosh that is so funny and hip... Is there anyone in here who will give me pointers to where I can find the latest Vodka?

Ehem Ehem, let me put it bluntly…Nomads giving each other tips on how to commit zina. I mean if you have any Islamic knowledge you would know that dating constitutes zina but then again of course you all know this. It’s all in midst of humor.

P.S. Wayeel dhado maliin ba dhicii malintan ahayn…..your souls will be six feet under and the closest thing that will come to humor is the squeezing of the grave.

Blessed   

^^ :D

Waar Mr Silence. Waxay buuqa iyo qayladu? We appreaciate your naseexa... laakin dee inaar qoriga iska dhig oo feedhka iyo laadka naga kala yaree.

Nomads giving each other tips on how to commit zina. I mean if you have any Islamic knowledge you would know that for more information about dating constitutes zina

It is :eek: :eek: (why! that's to take it to the market)

Please elaborate....

Taqwa   

Ameenah Walaal I dont' know which fist fights your referring to but your weight as a Moderator comes into affect once the line has been crossed. I'm sure you’re aware of the rules and giving sound advice doesn't fall under the category of causing a crisis. Unless your saying, what there doing is Halaal.

As for your question, Zina (Adultery or Fornication) falls into different categories in Islam. Any type of contact including dating between a Ghayr Mahram (not prohibited in marriage) male and female without a valid Sharia reason falls in the category of Zina (adultery) which is a major sin and gets the wrath and anger of Allah Ta’ala upon the individual.

If you guys are saying, we know its wrong and we would like to continue with our discussion. I've Existed. May Allah forgive you.

P.S. Ameenah your Somali wa heer sare lakiin sidii odayasha ayad oo hadashaay walaal. i.e. waara iyo inaar. Waxaan is modaay hoyadaay inaay ila hadlaayso.

Ngonge:

Anyway, tell me, how do people meet before marriage?

Why do you care?

Ameenah:

Bella and Bee

Gold-diging Feminists..??

Now what's wrong with that picture?

1. I resent that label :mad:

2. Nothing is wrong with the picture as far as I can see--in this patriarchal soceity a woman has to play the game. ITs called being resourceful and thinking smart.

3. Have you considered the possibility that something might be wrong with you? ;)

Gediid:

Wax kale oo idhaa garan maayo but Ilaahey waxaan idiinka barayayaa labadiina lugooyo in jaceylkii ku dhacey Farax Despiser mid ka daran in Ilaahey idinku riido.

ITs difficult for me to read the posts written in somali so I usually skip them. However, my name jumped out of yours and I tried unsuccessfully to understand what u were saying...Along with the headache I got I have a feeling I should be insulted by the little dua you made? NOw should I be? huh?Huh?HUH? :mad: :mad: :mad: