Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

A question: Somali clans claim of being Arab...

Khalaf....It doesn't matter if one kills, rapes, or loots. As long as one professes the Islamic faith, I don't think you have the right to call them a Kuffar unless they themselves renounce Islam. Condemn their actions bro, but don't question their belief in the almighty.

Critising Arabs or even insulting doesn't and shouldn't translate as an attack on our prophet (PBUH).

Sharif......Kixkxixkxix...you are pretty serious buddy.

RedSea   

Originally posted by Caamir:

The migration of Arabs continued, and to some extent still continues, and by intermarriage the
Somali
race has been formed.

According to this source
states that Somalis are a byproduct of two races.

But Personally, I believe Somalis are descendents of Pharaohs and there are both archeological and historical findings that will to lead to such conclusion. Some of the things we practice in our culture are traceable to that era including the derivation of the Somali words, not the ones emerged after the arrival of Islam and European influence, and female circumcision.

There is a book written by Mohamed Siciid Gees that mainly discusses on this subject

Mr. Caamir, allow me to make fun of you,but the reason you claimed we are ancient Pharoah decense is becasue couple of rocks found in the Sanaag region marked with Egyptian transcript depicting some fat lady that looks alot like somali, was't that it? or am I missing more?

me   

Mr. Red Sea, atleast caamir has proof, what proof do you have? except teh old hear say of, my ancestors where arabs, PROOF IT buddy.

To Mr. G.I. joe, claim whatever you like there are no afrocentrics here. Those claiming that the Somalis are not Arabs are saying that the Somalis are a race of their own.

WE ARE SOMALIS. OUR TRIBE IS SOMALI, OUR NATION SOMALI, OUR RACE SOMALI.

We are not Arabs and we are not Bantu. The only thing we share with (majority)Arabs is our religion.

The prophet was Arab true,but that does not make me Arab, My mom was Somali, my dad was Somali. the Same goes for my Grand parents and great grand parents and everyone told me that we have always been Somalis. If someone needs a DNA test, then so be it. Nothing Non-Somali in me.

So the question is are those claiming to be Arabs willing to take a DNA test and a boat ride back towherever they come from, because if they are not Somalis then I would gladly show them their way back to wherever they come from.

To sum it up, we are Somalis, we are an ancient race, with a rich history, our enemies do not want us to rediscover our roots and history. We were once a great nation and we will be a great nation once again.

allah has greatly blessed the people, of somaliland

DNA sample was taken from an Hargeysaawi man and compared to three men from Ashraf Banu Hashim, and guess what?

The results were POSITIVE, proving ALL FOUR MEN originated from Ali Binu Abi Talib (RAA)!!

Part of the Y-STR test results:

The hargeysaawi man: 10-11-11-11-11-9-13

The Arabian Sharif: 10-11-11-11-11-9-13

The Persian Sharid: 10-11-11-11-11-9-13

As you can see they're IDENTICAL.

Tests were done using a service provided by DNAHeritage:

www.dnaheritage.com

We're in the process of concluding further tests, results to be posted here later on inshallah

RedSea   

^^ME it can be put into numbers, but I gotta tell you I am starting to like this Saylici guy, he is just plain funny and I don't mean that in wrong way, but it's funny how SOL attracts all sorts of people,very unique fellow I gotta say.

RedSea   

Originally posted by me:

Mr. Red Sea, atleast caamir has proof, what proof do you have? except teh old hear say of, my ancestors where arabs, PROOF IT buddy.

Mr. Me, hmmm, not sure if that is what I said,but you know for some odd reason, you like to put words into my mouth. I didn't say I am Arab decent or anything, however I was just simpling commenting on what was said by Mr. Caamir, a joke for the most part.

However, I don't understand any reason as to why anyone wants to spend so much energy and create so much fuzz just to prove whether we were by a chance Arabs or or whatever.

The bottomline is we are what we are today,what we belong to before has no signifact meaning today whatsoever. The only thing that we should be proud of is that we are, Muslims and that is really what matters the most. I dont' mind if I was an Arab decent, Isreali decent, Indian decent, or even four legged creature or lizard crawling on its belly, as long as the ending destiny for me is being a Muslim, which is the thing I put all my loyalty and care into, everything falls into meaningless secondary.

What are the historical and political reasons behind the claim that some Somali clans are descendents from Arabs?

No one has answered the question for me. ME, the relationship between the Somali people and the Arabs is older than Siyad BarrE regime.

Are we not Arab? Are we closer to Arabs than to the Amhara, Tigray and Kikuyu?

Why are the ancestral stories so similar?

RedSea   

Duke, why do you feel to make this drag on, I am sure no one can provide more answers then what you probably already heard out there. I think the Somalis themselves are not even from same ancestors to begin with, so can we first agree on what we are? but because of years of intermarriage, and living in the same environment, the people have adopted the same culture, color, religion, and clans and thus became what is known as 'Somalis'of today.

Castro   

Originally posted by General Duke:

Why are the ancestral stories so similar?

Brainwashing? :D

It's because of the narrative. Somalis adopted Islam then adopted the Arabian story for its relationship with Islam. Simple, really.

Taleexi   

MMMMMMMMMMM.. Somalis amazing race, we must be in ….. crises. a bad analogy could be derived from such discussions, :( ... such as Which came first the chicken or the egg?, I go ahead and say the egg because I do have my own reasons.