Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

A question: Somali clans claim of being Arab...

me   

Soomaalidu Ha noolaato, Soomaaliya ha noolaato!

As MMA said, we have been in Somalia long before Islam and Arabs, everything proves that we have always been there. How many cities are in Somalia that have Arab names? And how many have Somali names?

We recognize that we are not aliens to our land, its our land, we have always lived there and inshalah we will always live there. And this whole theory of some clans having Arab ancestors is also flawd on the numbers side. How many people are from those respective clans? lets say 5 milion (just guessing) orso would fall into this categoty. When did those 'ancestors' come to our lands? It musthave been after teh birth of Islam. So about 6/700 AD. Howmany of them came? well there where two I think. So 2 guys that came to our lands 1300 years ago are the ancestors of 5 million people today. Even if it was peace and they were marrying 4 women each and all of their children where marrying 4 women each, it still wouldn't be 5 million today. Butteh reality of our land then and still today is a harsh one. There where wars, famines, childhood diseases and other diseases that kept the population in check. So This whole ancestory thingy is fake. If someone got timeand is good with maths do the calculation, I can't find my calculator today.

RedSea   

Somali identity ha dhacdo haday doonto, as long as I have my faith, Islam. This topic stinks.Too much pride in oneself, I think it's one of the things that throws people off the straigh path, too much pride and kibir of themselves.

All u have to do is check ur aabtirsiimo it starts with geele gulleed cabid sammed sicid warsamme samatar but after samatar u have cabdalle sicid yoonis abokor and u go on on only arab names from there

why do you not say viva somaliland ha noolato

iyo jabuuti haa noolato

iyo somalia haa noolato

gote 2 be fair friend

me   

Another thing. I would guess its 60/65 generations from the year 700 AD (each generation 20 years). How far does the abtirsiyo of most clans go? I do not think that the abtirsiyo of the clans that are 'claimed' to be arabs goes to 45 even. They all end in the high thirties of the lower fourthies.

What does this prove, it proves that the timing is wrong, clannism or this whole abtirsiyo reached our people 800 years ago. So if we became muslims at the time of birth of Islam, which was 1300 years ago and clannism reached us 800 years ago. We were muslims before we were of certain clans.

So in order to convert to Islam around 6/700 AD we had to live in the Hornh of Africa around that time. So we were Somalis and not Arabs when we converted, the clans did not exist around that time. And the whole Abtirsiyo thing is fake. Its fake on many levels.

-fake because its timing is wrong

-fake because certain sub-clans chance clans numerous times, we can find clans that switches sides many times before, even today we find them switching sides. So the clan is not a static thing, but its al alliance that keeps changing.

So one can make the claim that they are of arab decent, but they have to prove it. Mr. Red Sea and General Duke, I challenge you to prove it.

me   

Originally posted by Mr. Red Sea:

Somali identity ha dhacdo haday doonto, as long as I have my faith, Islam. This topic stinks.Too much pride in oneself, I think it's one of the things that throws people off the straigh path, too much pride and kibir of themselves.

YES WE NEED PRIDE IN OURSELF!

We do not need to copy others or deny our heritage. My nation is Somali, MY country is Somaliweyn and my faith is Islam. These three are linked and they are the pillars of our identity. If Somalia falls, so do you. So once again Somalia hanoolaato.

Shariif Sacliici,

Thank you for proving my point, why are all those names at the start of all abtirsiyo Somali names and not Arab names?

Because that was the time that the Somalis started adopting Islamic 'Arab' names. and if that was about 35/45 generations ago. We were muslim before we were of certain clans. This should help your Islamist cause Mr.Red sea. You can claim that Islam came before clannism, but this will help you if you are only geniune about mulimnimo and if you see all muslims as brothers.

cali maxammed maxamoud xusseyn madani xassan cilmi imaan cigaal xildied samatar cabdalle siciid ismacil jibriel xusseyn abokor SAcad muse zybeyr AWAL Sh IsxaaqBin Amed Bin Maxamed Bin Xuseen Binu Cali Binu Xamsatul Mud-har Bin Cabdillaahi Bin Ayuub Binu Muxamad Binu Qaasim Binu Axmed Binu Cali Binu Ciisa Binu Yaxyaa Binu Maxamad al Mahdi Binu Xasan -al-Caskari Bin Cali-al-Naqiyi Binu Muxamad al taqiyi Bin Cali al ridaa Binu Muusal Kaadim Bin Jacfar a Saadiq Bin Muxamad al Baaqir Bin cali zeynal-caabidiin Bin Xuseyn Bin Cali ibni abi Daalib Ibn Cabdil-Mudalib Ibnu Haashim ibn cabdal manaf ibn Qusai.ibn kilab ibn murra ibn ka.aab ibn luuaye.ibn ghaleb ibn qureesh

so thats my family tree sh isxaaq counts 26 2 iman hussein right i count 2 sh isxaaq 22

my mum counts 2 sh ciisa ibn axmed 12 so that means some ppl are laan gaan some ppl are not

the jounry about grandfather is wel documented as wel as the salatawaats he taught uss and his childeren

me   

You know thats complete bogus, its just rhyming of . Somali names in the middle are the real ancestors and thats where your line ends, the arabic names are bogus rhyming.

To prove you folks wrong, I will write a book on clans, give me 3 years. I will kill this whole myth. Focusing on the North eastern and the North western clans.

Why not on the south westeren clans

maxammed iyo xassan magacyadda waalal bixi karra

but what u dont get it is in the begining u have somali names that perfectly normal but when u go from sicid ismacil you only see arabic names thats a fact

me   

Count the names of your abtirsiyo, shariif sacliici, its in the low forthies isn't it? even after adding those bogus arabic names. what does that tell you?

The time is wrong. The time that those arab folks lived might be documented. and that is not compatible with the number of generations in your respective clan.

If those guys lived around 700 AD and your abtirsiyo makes then 40 generations ago, that puts them in 1200 AD.

So the only posible conclusion is that your abtirsiyo is wrong.

No sh isxaaq came aroun 13 centry if i count around 23 to him and ibn axmed count 25 to imam hussein it makes perfect sence

13 centry till now 700 years

and back 2 the six centry its als 700 hundred years