Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

A question: Somali clans claim of being Arab...

me   

Mr.Red Sea,

You wondered if it mattered who we are and where we come from, of course it matters. We are a nation with no roots, with no history. Common history creates a bond among people. It unites people. If some of us claim to be of Arabic descend, while others say we have always been here and others are say they are the lost tribe of Israel, then there is no common bond, no common purpose.

Do you think the folks that are saying they are of Arab decent don't have political motives for saying that? Their political motives are to claim superiority over fellow Somalis because they are closer to those people. I have seen and heard many many times some people from Somali clans including the one I used to belong to saying that they are whiter then the other clan and that they are lighter skinned.

It’s all discrimination.

They also claim that the 'southerners' have a different culture. I have heard many times them claiming that they have a different language, instead of just different dialects.

All these things combined are recipe or disaster and they start at people claiming they are of different ancestors. So that they are different people, it’s the only way for them to justify their wrong doings.

There is proof of some Somali clans being Oromo especially in the North, there is no proof of any clan being Arabic. So why it is so important to people to stuck to this? I know it has no religious significance. Because if you want to be closer to the prophet scw. Then being a better Muslim is the only way.

General Duke,

I am not denying that there has been contact between the people of Somalia and the people of arabia. But contact and long history does not make them one people. The Scandinavians and teh germans have been trading for centuries are they the same people? The same goed forthe Chinese and the Indians.

DNA tests ahve proven we are not Arabs

Our feautures show us we are a distinct race

Our language is unique

I mean what exactly do we have in common with Arabs except our Islamic faith?

So its time to kill this myth that we are Arabs, it might have served us well in the past, but it will only confuse our children.

We do not need a confused nation. We should wise up and accept the truth.

We are alone, we are weak, everybody hates weak people, we have no friends and all we got is us.

So let’s work together or die together. No one cares about us. Everybody wants to abuse us. You can brush my comments of but is there a nation weaker then ours today? Everywhere we are we are being mistreated and we deserve every bit of it, because our people choose to be like this.

All our miseries are linked. And the confusion of our identity plays a role in our misery.

RedSea   

No no brother, I am not saying it doesn't matter what we are today, I am saying it doesn't matter what we Were (past test), and as long as Somalis are consider one race today and as long as we are Muslims, that is really what matters the most, not where we came from and what we were previously, so let us get over that.It's true that some Somalis claim Arabs or some other race,but hey it doesn't bother me a bit,it's really no big deal even if they are telling the truth, since they have to eat Bariis and Pasto like the rest.

Secondly, "being better Muslim is the only way to get closer to the Prophet and be his campanion". I agree with you on this, very good point indeed.

finally, you said the clan that you USED TO BELONG INTO, I had no idea you left your qabiil , traitor. :D

me   

You are a traitor too for leaving your nation for you qabiil ( the same ghoes for the other 10 million Somalis)

I know you say it doesnt matter now and I wish it did not matter, but do you understnad how divisive it is. That people misuse this to create major divisions and to justify their clannish projects. Their ethnnic cleansings, their superiority complex and the reactions it provokes.

Me you and everyone elseif we for once accepted hat we are Somalis and that there is no where elkse we are from or no where else will end upthen Somalia then peoples thinking would change.

If we see each other as the same people, this war will end. There are people who want us to be divided into a million pieces. They help us destroy each other and and the myths of ancestery are a part of the tools usedto divide us.

If each clan has its own historya nd ancestery then that clan should go alone, since they never had anything in coomon with the rest. If young people like us are discussing these thingsliek this, do you think there is any chance of us convincing some geeljire in mudug or a trader in Bosaso or Berbera?

RedSea   

okay seriously now your comments are getting little redicolous,relax my friend, go take a long vacation, refresh yourself by taking a walk down Batalale Beach Berbera, or the beaches in Bosaso,treat yourself with camel milk, I am sure you will be rejuvenated,because right now, you sound like insecure individual who is in fear that his people will no longer exist, maybe we are all,but not in these terms. I have to tell you Somalis are very good when it comes to not loosing their customs, faith, culture etc, so calm down a bit will ya walaalo.

meelkale ayaa inalaga haystaa ee maaha in ayna dadku ogayn in ay dad isku mid ah yihiin.Way lawada socdaan taa laakin waa Qabiil iyo tol iyo xigaansho ta dadka ka dhigtay sidan.Qabiilkuna wax jira weeye, ee laakin khalad ayaa laga fahmay.

me   

Originally posted by Mr. Red Sea:

okay seriously now your comments are getting little redicolous,relax my friend, go take a long vacation, refresh yourself by taking a walk down Batalale Beach Berbera, or the beaches in Bosaso,treat yourself with camel milk, I am sure you will be rejuvenated,because right now, you sound like insecure individual who is in fear that his people will no longer exist, maybe we are all,but not in these terms. I have to tell you Somalis are very good when it comes to not loosing their customs, faith, culture etc, so calm down a bit will ya walaalo.

Our people will no long exist if we keep going on this path. Are we prospering at thismoment or are we declining?

When will you accept that we are in a big mess? Our nation is being divided, our people hate each other and claim differnet ancestory, I mean we can be optimistic but we can not be blind.

We do we have in the world today? Do you except we can keep going like for a long time?

A vacation is not an option, a vacation is for people who have done something, lets go on vacation when we have our house in order.

And come onnnnnnnnnnnn Berbera and Bosaso for vacation? Dude you must be kidding, you aretalking to me like I dont know those places. Go to Kismayo or Marka for vacation. Berbera and Bosaso are too hot and th beaches are not as good as in Marka or Kismayo. and for caano geel, nowhere beats the Hawd & Nugaal

Originally posted by Sharif_seylaci:

The results were POSITIVE, proving ALL FOUR MEN originated from Ali Binu Abi Talib (RAA)!!

That's not what the test results showed; only that they all got common ancestor. But we don't know if that common ancestor was Ali Binu Abi Talib or someone else.

And relying on genetics to validate your ancestory is double edged sword. If you accept genetic similarities as prove positive of common heritage, you must also accept you and chimps (or a bananas) had a common ancestor (as posited by Evolution Theory with the support of genetics). Since Chimps and humans share 98% (to a lesser degree for bananas) of their genetic make-up. There's really no good reason to accept one and reject the other.

Chimera   

Originally posted by me:

To Mr. G.I. joe, claim whatever you like there are no afrocentrics here.

hi ms G.I Jane

i never claimed there were any afrocentrics ''here'' so what made you say that sis?

these were experiences i had that i put in my post

you on a different topic

Originally posted by me:

Djib-

I always react without reading the full post, thats why I always post twice.

I wanna thank you for the new word CLANOPHOBIA.

ok that explains it!!

Those claiming that the Somalis are not Arabs are saying that the Somalis are a race of their own.

no they don't claim were are a ''race'' of our ''own''

for somalis to be called a ''race'' of their ''own'' they have to have features and genes that distinguishes them from other groups

we are a sub group related to the oromo's,afars,beja's

therefore were are not a ''race'' of our ''own''

WE ARE SOMALIS. OUR TRIBE IS SOMALI, OUR NATION SOMALI, OUR RACE SOMALI.

i agree with the first three but the last is a fallacy

We are not Arabs and we are not Bantu. The only thing we share with (majority)Arabs is our religion.

true!

The prophet was Arab true,but that does not make me Arab, My mom was Somali, my dad was Somali. the Same goes for my Grand parents and great grand parents and everyone told me that we have always been Somalis. If someone needs a DNA test, then so be it. Nothing Non-Somali in me.

So the question is are those claiming to be Arabs willing to take a DNA test and a boat ride back towherever they come from, because if they are not Somalis then I would gladly show them their way back to wherever they come from.

To sum it up, we are Somalis, we are an ancient race, with a rich history, our enemies do not want us to rediscover our roots and history. We were once a great nation and we will be a great nation once again.

why would you deny people their right of choosing whatever they want to claim being descendants of?

if they contribute positivly to the somali society and don't manipulate or come with a superiority complex then i have no problems having them as my neighbours

me   

Originally posted by Sharif_seylaci:

i am half arab half habasha

[/QB]

And that makes you NOT SOMALI.

Afcours somali but what makes u a somali isset becous i eat barries or baasto and wear macawiis

That i am somali that doesent tace away that my ancestort are from else where and my roots are also some where else in hijaaz

me   

For someone without evidence you are quite specific.

My friend Somalis are not a mixed race. We are Somalis period.

RedSea   

ME, refering to your last reply to mind, I would like to remind you the issue that we are discussing here which is regarding our origins,and the issue in which you said we are lagging behind the rest of the world are two different topics. whether we need to wake up and fix our society, is something that isnt' being disucused here right now, but sure I agree with you however we need to wake up,though that is not what we are talking about at the moment .Perhaps if you made a different thread about that topic that you opened up, then sure we can try in trying to find ways to sort our problems out,but this isn't that topic.

Khalaf   
Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Reer seef labood saas ayaan ku nacay, indoctrinating our youth to the point of not doing hubsasho, but ereyada ay maqlaan iska soo tuuro, like the above unsubstantiated, uncorroborated statement and others such as a person who doesn't pray too isn't Muslim.

Adeer min fadlak I am not brainwashed by reer seef labood.

What makes one a Muslim brothers? It is the testimony of Islam that there is no diety worthy of worship but Allah Alone and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah right? With this statement comes a heavy reasonability-deeds. When one makes wudu there are certain actions which break the wudu right? The same with the testimony of Islam.

Allah's Apostle said, "When a slave (of Allah) commits illegal sexual intercourse, he is not a believer at the time of committing it; and if he steals, he is not a believer at the time of stealing; and if he drinks an alcoholic drink, he is not a believer at the time of drinking it; and he is not a believer when he commits a murder."

I suppose we all heard and can understand hadiths, here is few which speak of the issue:

Narrated Al-Ahnaf bin Qais:I went to help that man (i.e., 'Ali), and on the way I met Abu Bakra who asked me, "Where are you going?" I replied, "I am going to help that man." He said, "Go back, for I heard Allah's Apostle saying, 'If two Muslims meet each other with their swords then (both) the killer and the killed one are in the (Hell) Fire.' I said, 'O Allah's Apostle! It is alright for the killer, but what about the killed one?' He said, 'The killed one was eager to kill his opponent."

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar: The Prophet said, "After me (i.e. after my death), do not become disbelievers, by striking (cutting) the necks of one another. “

Another saying is he who fights for pride, family, honor, tribe and is killed for it, dies the death of Jahiliyya-pre Islam-polythesist death-many Somalis have died the death of jahiliya! Brothers we know Allah is Most Merciful and forgives Whom He Wills but let us not take the crimes that were committed lightly, they are great crimes and as Allah described in the Noble Quran and shown by the example of the Prophet pbuh the true believers are they:

Allah's Apostle (s) said, "You see the believers as regard their being merciful among themselves, showing love among themselves, and being kind among themselves, resembling one body; so that, if any part of the body is not well, then the whole body shares the sleeplessness and fever with it." [sahih al-Bukhari; Vol. 8, #40]

Believers do not shed blood unlawfully, rape women…and commit treachery…as done by Somalis to other Somalis…if this is not equal to unbelief in Allah then I dont know what is!

Allah knows Best!

Important: Sharif bro and others 10 things which Negates Ones Islam

erselam   

I like this attitude.

A bunch of cowards who are unable to walk over a 3 million Jews. Shame on those who claim they are Arabs.

And people told me that they call us (all black Muslims) that we became Muslims for fear of their swords.

I hate them and their racists attitudes.

Originally posted by Devilangle:

not this shiiity question again

my body boils when i see such a question… F**ck history... what matters is NOW. And we are people with strengths( granted, we r at war but at least we know how to fight for justice!!) Not like those skirt wearing arabs, yellow teeth, Slogan “ do as I say, but don’t do as I doâ€

So I refuse to any speculation that we some how are an extension of those cowards

show me arabs and i will show u gays

At least, on the surface, our Jananka and Baddacase, do agree finally on something: Descending from "Carab" lineage, though never proven.

Teeda kale waxaa kaaga daran the darkest Soomaalida ah ayaa ku leh Carab ayaan nahnay, kuwii real Carabta ka yimid, such as Banaadirigiina Soomaali ayaan nahnay ku haayo, oo ku adkeysto maalin walba.

Adduunyo wareer socoto waaye.

Oromadii ayaa joogo.

Canfartii ayaa joogo.

Kuwaas oo midab, muuqaal, af iyo xataa diinta qaarkood meel walba aan la wadaagno, ma arkeysid iyagoo waligood leh Carab baa nahnay, waxaan isku mashquuliyo.

Soomaali cirka kama soo dhicin. Soomaalida Islaamka kahor waa jireen, waa joogeen, oo meesha hada joogaan ayee joogeen. Carabna ma joogin waagaas. Ereyga kaliya "waaq" ayaa kuu sheegaayo, oo degmooyin, qabiilo iyo ereyo badan la dhaho, kana buuxo afkeena hodanka ah. Dad baa iska foggeeyo leh waa erey Oromo, oona og beentooda, in uu yahay erey Soomaali, oo Illaah Soomaalidii hore caabudi jireen.

Xataa our traditional dress consisting white go' iyo guntiino kuu sheegaayo, in uu ahaa soo jireen.