Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Is the ideal beauty white?

I dont like when people write articles like this "oh everyone wants to be white" crap. First of all fewer percentages of the mentioned populations go under the knife for one reason or the other.

Second, there is no "white look" because more and more white females are going under the knife to "fix" what they considered flaws(could be anything really from the shape of their nose, eyes or even vaginas).

Third, this is where Iman comes in. If you're a person who is not content with they have, you'll always be miserable regardless of how you look.

Juxa   

^^and here i was thinking that you would swim with me in alaabtu norfy kor kusoo sawiray.

oh if you not happy, fix it. qof walba dookh buu leeyahay no?

Where then does it stop baby girl? This happiness everyone is after is superficial and unattainable or everyone would be so goddarn happy with all this excess in the west, no? This is where people get into trouble I think, this "if you dont like it change it" attitude. There are no boundaries.

pssttt, the woman above just smiled and put a dab of make up in the latter picture, have you noticed?

Juxa   

CH, good question where does it stop?

you really dont need to look that far, just look around people you know, many attained lighter shades last few months/years.

i really think alot of things can be fixed or atleast managed with GOOD MAKE UP. oprah kufiiri

The ideal beauty is rich.

If the upper classes decide ocean blue is the complexion to have, every poor person will work their ar$e off to buy bleach that'll turn their skin deep blue sea.

Malika   

This is a success story of the imperialists,their claim on superiority of the intelligence to the ideology of beauty, lifestyles,political ideology etc etc..They continue to set the trend,their idea being the idea..And what do the poor 'inferior' races do,at any cost try to fit it in,even if its an absolute ridiculous thing to do,but heck! its what is..[alright,am rumbling]

I thought being white-white wasn't considered that beautiful now - back in the day they called it being 'fair'...now they say 'pale'! icon_razz.gif

sometimes I feel sorry for them, cooking themselves out in the sun for hours trying to get darker.

We (friends) were just talking about this topic few hours ago, and I know a somali girl (recently arrived in the country) who used white king laundary bleach on her face and has been hospitalised. lol. Young Somali girls should be educated about the dangers associated with bleaching products. Black is beautiful.

Fu-Fu is right white pale girls are using dangerous solariums just to look like us. What a mad world!

Blessed   

I'm starting to think the 'go light' brigade actually consider darkness dirty. I go to tis Somali lady for my hair products and every time without fail - she offers me a new cream, she even claims that they are herbal to 'nadiifi' my face. It amuses me because despite my darkness (which I love btw) I have healthy skin, Alhamdulilah.

Mid walba that uses these creams would say, 'meya kuma cadeenayo ee wajigu nadiifinayaa'but they all end up with these nasty dark spots and haaro. Not my idea of clean. Clearing off the top layer of your skin does expose your skin to more impurities and harmful elements.

I am of the firm believe that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. the notion is ideal beauty is white is very subjective and has more to do with western modernity and progress than anything else. I think without being too bias that somali women are the most beautiful given their Caucasian features with their brozened skin type. xaax.

no Ebonics puns.

Khayr   

Originally posted by Queen Arawello:

I am of the firm believe that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

and the Beholder aka the Camerman, is WHITE (the media moghuls) and they dictate societal norms and define goods and beauty.

White is beautiful cause it dominates that world and hordes most of the worlds wealth.

Try it,

next time when u apply for a job, take on a white name in your resume - Sara McDougall. You will be called for an interview in no damnn time.

White = Good, in todays society.