Sign in to follow this  
Sherban Shabeel

Turkish Girl Buried Alive

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Sayid*Somal:

quote:Originally posted by Sherban Shabeel:

Lately the atmosphere on SOL is such that I could make a thread about gummy bears and it would turn into a debate about religion.

of course, gummy bears are Xaraam - because they got gelatin in it
icon_razz.gif
:D:D

Sherban, the thread turned this way not because of you ee relax.

ailamos   

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tusbax:

We are in agreement here (to your astonishment) because for once you went out of your hate-mongering mission and concentrated on issues of importance to humanity.

The same could easily apply to you as well A&T ;) although I am glad we're on the same page...

ailamos   

Lately the atmosphere on SOL is such that I could make a thread about gummy bears and it would turn into a debate about religion.

icon_razz.gif
LOOOOL :D

ailamos   

You cannot harbour a known arsonist who happens to be a family member and sleep peacefully in the hope that he will be considerate enough not to do his work on your own house. I mean, for rationality sake, we have Cicero's and ailamos's here!

LOOL... families have been torn apart by differing ideologies and those so-called arsonists will only use their arson if they need to, so don't provoke them with baseless comments ;)

ailamos   

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

Sherban,

dont worry. Somalis love to argue about anything.

That's been proven time and again in this forum ;)

Napoleon   

This is a great shame. Much to do with the cultures of different socities and not necessarily religion. Anyway, on this one, we need to be united and advocate that such killings whether adminstered by angry family members or Alshabab are inhumane and deplorable.

Having said that, it is no secret that Naxar's often googled stories like the one about a mysterious German Scholar's 'findings' about the Xur-al-cayn are brought here for a purpose.

It was not because heckler-in-cheif, Napolean, did not understand what he was asking us, it is because he found a way of expressing his sexual fantasies and penchant for big booty and breasts by way of hiding behind religious tales. But what was truely shocking was when Al-fadilatu-al-sheikh XINNFANIN passed the matter with a broad giggle, at a time he was sleepless over Peacenows' supposedly insulting diatribes.

I wonder why my well written piece about the hur al ayn was deleted. I thought the topic was enlightening and could very well have brought about serious discussion.

Originally posted by ailamos:

quote:Originally posted by Khayr:

Sheerbeen,

and why was this news worthy enough to post on SOL?

Let me see the catch phrases here:

- Turkish aka muslim

- Honor Killing

- Beaten for having relations with the opposite sex.

hmmm, what are some other catch phrases in this article, that perpetuate the ever on going anti-islam biase?

It's really difficult for you to admit that these practices exist in Muslim communities, isn't it? When will you stop sweeping things under the rug and lying to yourself that Islam, judging by its adherents, is
NOT
a perfect religion.

It's a hopeless situation, every attempt at criticism is considered anti-Islamic.
Well,you seem to enjoy bashing islam and muslims dont you? i mean come on admit it,islam is a perfect religion and no amount of calaacal and blah blah from you can change that fact.

Honor killing is evil,anti-islamic and predates islam.It is strictly forbidden yet it happens because of misguidance and cultural issues.

It also happens in hindu society and i dont see you condemning them i wonder why.

Listen buddy,it is becoming repetitive and quite pathetic you need to take a rest and enjoy some other activities like sport.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-india-honor26-2009sep26,0,1198207.story?track=rs s

ailamos   

^ i see the IDF has arrived... see below

Originally posted by ailamos:

quote:Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

Sherban,

dont worry. Somalis love to argue about anything.

That's been proven time and again in this forum
;)

Xidigo   

icon_razz.gif
Lol :D:D

Somalidu waa kaaley muranee walee.

Raamsade   

Islam doesn't condone honor killings. There is nothing in Islamic sources -- Quran, Hadiths, the Sira, respected commentaries -- that justifies these ghastly killings. This much is clear.

In light of the facts I stated above, there are still Muslims who argue that it is their Islamic right to honor kill. Lest you assume I'm speaking from deep and inexplicable hatred of Islam, read this story from Aljazeera.

Ever since the mid 1990s, progressive forces in Jordan have been trying to change the law regarding honor killings. Intending to enact stiffer penalties but every time they tabled a legislation in parliament, the Muslim factions shot it down on the grounds the new law infringes on "Islamic traditions."

Jordan quashes 'honour crimes' law

Jordanian women have protested parliament's latest move

Jordan’s Parliament has rejected the senate’s recommendation to uphold a law providing stiffer penalties for men who kill women in so-called "honour killings".

It is the second time in over a month that the newly-elected parliament voted to reject an amended Penal Code law which was passed by the government during parliament’s absence in 2001, stipulating harsher punishment for perpetrators of honour killings.

The lower house also decided to refer to its legal committee another law which gives women the right to divorce their husbands, which the senate had urged them to uphold.

"Sixty of the 85 deputies present in parliament voted to reject this temporarily because the amendments (made by the senate) were superficial and did not deal with the root of the issue," Islamist deputy Adab Saoud told AFP.

Islamists and conservatives said the laws violated religious traditions and would destroy families and values.

But the debate has not ended as representatives from the lower and upper houses of the government will have to meet to decide the fate of the law.

The issue of women’s rights, particularly honour killings, has been a highly charged issue between conservative and liberal sides of the political spectrum.

Murder cases carry stiff penalties in Jordan, but honour killers usually receive reduced sentences since their crimes are considered to be committed in “fits of rage†or as a “crime of passionâ€, sparked by “unlawful action†on the part of the victim.

There have been at least seven cases of honour killings in 2003.

source: http://english.aljazeera.net/archive/2003/09/2008410102158508644.html

Oz   

icon_razz.gif
:D:D Spot on!

Tuujiye   

^^^ loool... Raamsade kaalay Don’t you know every religion preaches goodness and way of life? Even in atheism. They all have bad and good people. You guys all fail to understand that Islam is a faith and Muslims are the followers. However, with in the followers we have does that are called Muslims and some that are called Mu’mins… If you gaals don’t know what a Mu’min is I sagest you guys to go back to does that you call logical thinkers.

If I do something bad today, are you going to look at the fact that I was a Muslim or that I was a man who commit it a crime? If that was the case you should get the story of Cumar radiyal laahu canhaa.. The man was an Atheist when he buried his own daughter for the sake of an honour. It wasn’t till he became a muslim that his eyes opened from Jamahiliya and realized what he did was wrong.

You guys didn’t start this topic to debate in such matter. You just wanted to put another dirty stain on our faith. Coming up with a weak argument such as the one ailamos made is sad and attention seeking. Do your self a favour Ailamos and stop showing your weakness. You made the choice to leave Islam (if you was ever one) and no one has anything on you in fact no one said anything to you and asked you why did you do it.. All you do here in SOL is come up with something to proof to us your choice as if we will say “waaw your right man!!”.. keep your believe to your self and if you want to share it, go and do it in religion section.

Ailamos, to answer your question, yes it does bother me to see anyone who do such acts and I wouldn’t care what faith they believe in. Killing someone for honour is simply wrong and every human being should believe that. However, is so silly how you guys are using this for a tool to bash Islam.

Kheyr saaxiib waad ka saxsan tahay dadkaan dhan oo iska wada dhiga in ee yihiin liberal..

This goes out to all of you who have something against Islam.

Sol members who believe in Islam would like to know why are you guys in here to just share your problems with Islam?

Raamsade, kuwaan ma kaniisadaadi baad kasoo guratay saaxiib? Can you tell them to stay in religion section if that’s all they know how to talk about….

For Admin, would you please check if most of the new Sol members are from the same person….

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Abtigiis   

With the exception of their leader Raamsade, the rest of the crew here have non-somali names:

Johnny B

Castro

Cicero

ailamos - I call him Haylaamo (pieces) because waan fahmi waayey what it means

Cara

Naden

Napolean

Lazy G

Genius Pauper

Pouiyt

etc, etc

They have jetissoned the old 'primitive' identity and are jellying with a new-found one. It is not a mere concidence. It is indicative of their self-hate, waa haday soomali yihiin.

Of course, this is beside the point here.

Johnny B   

With the exception of their leader Raamsade, the rest of the crew here have non-somali names:

Johnny B

Castro

Cicero

ailamos - I call him Haylaamo (pieces) because waan fahmi waayey what it means

Cara

Naden

Napolean

Lazy G

Genius Pauper

Pouiyt

etc, etc

They have jetissoned the old 'primitive' identity and are jellying with a new-found one. It is not a mere concidence. It is indicative of their self-hate, waa haday soomali yihiin.

Of course, this is beside the point here.

Since you're a brother i've high hopes for, I can take being your newly found dead-horse to be flogged,in every topic, but putting me & Genius Pauper in a list of sort is an insult of dignity.

As kind as i,m nowadays, i even overlooked that but then you brought Napolean in the same list.

Now , that is un-acceptable.

I demand an appology.

Ibtisam   

A&T you are on thin line, adigu deenta ha ka saarin. I have yet to see Castro, Lazy G claim to be anything but Muslims. As for Ailamos,Cara and Naden I have yet to see them claim anything. Nor have I seen them openly mocking Islam like Cicero or being disruptive or demeaning to Islam. The fact that they have different views or ideas does not mean that they cannot discuss Islam. The fact that they are not as militant as me or as rigid as Khyr or as fasex as you does not give you the right to push them into one camp or another.

I don’t like what is going on here because you are making enemies out of people who have kept to the normal lines of discussion and the rules of respect, despite having their own doubts. It is irrelevant what people believe or don’t believe as long as they respect that we believe and therefore it is not open for mockery (note this does not mean it cannot be discussed). Islam requires us to question yourself rather than blind following, why then can we not be more patient with people who has some questions, and take the time explain rather than legitimizing their hostility, isolating them in their own misconceptions. You are the current ambassador of Islam, so by all means defend and stick up for vision and ensure what is sacred to us remains so, but this is bordering on military operation. Allah knows best which one of us will die as a Muslim, but for the time being don’t be responsible for pushing someone who had doubts or aqeeda problems into complete denial, dambika adiga aya lago heesta.

What I find mind blogging is that most of you work with non-Muslim colleagues, neighbours etc, you all interact with them in a civilize manner and even occasional preach to them, so why do you suddenly flip out when you meet a Somali or an online character who questions your position. :confused: