Sign in to follow this  
sheherazade

Female SOL Londoners

Cara.   

See Sheh, your ideas are wasted on these staid Londoners. I know Serenity will not do sweat or mud either, she's probably looking in the dictionary to find out what those are.

Too bad you're not with us adventurous North Americans. Even Pujah would have been game for white water rafting or paragliding (if you can drag her from Obama's campaign headquarters for a day).

Another suggestion for you guys: Horse-back riding. Ms DD and Val can ride side-saddle while Ibti and Sheh do cartwheels. Something for everyone smile.gif

Lily, how did you know I've always dreamed about being told off by an enraged Frenchman in a uniform?

Sheh, wish you were in North America. Would have been fun going out with you ;) . I like going on hikes in the woods/parks.

Cara, horse back riding is fun, trying to look that up in my area. Loved the horseback safari experience I had in South Africa.

What about group sports? bowling, bball, tennis you could all break a sweat and have fun.

Look up upcoming cultural events/fairs in the cities near you, that can be fun.

-Lily-   

Something for everyone Ms DD and Val can ride side-saddle while Ibti and Sheh do cartwheels.

LooooooooL@Cara

You guys are forgetting we live in London, the nearest thing to nature is Hyde Park and the River Thames. This is not America where you can drive for 5 minutes to the great outdoors.

Malika   

Sheh, a weekend in Scotland would be perfect, a spa like resort[for likes of Val and Ms DD],which also offer those adventurous souls the opportunity to go hiking,horse riding,walking etc etc..

If we are heading out of London into the highlands of Scotland,I would say count me in!

Or

Why not a weekend away in the winter wonderlands of North Sweden,eey?

Ms DD   

Now you are talking Malika. I actually heard how a country-side mansion can be hired, where you can do all the hiking/mud wrestling stuff whilst all the pampering facilities are available for the likes of me. Win win situation.

What say you?

Cara

Could you picture me on side-saddle? Actually that sounds fun. Sheh doing all the hard work, whilst i sit back and enjoy the sceneray.

I'd forgotten the hardest part is agreeing on what to do. :(

Reckon I should move across to the other side of the pond for some outdoor activity. The European ladies can't let go of their fooking cafe culture. smile.gif

WOL, sure to look you up. Ever been on a camel? Don't.do.it. :D

Malika, I assume you're in the UK. You look like you're after a weekend away; Scotland's some hours away. Would you do a day?

Lily, would you shoot? So far, Val and I and Ibts(I speak for her) would. I'll see if I can find somewhere that will fan DD and others with peacock feathers whilst the rest of us get on with it. LoL.

Some compromise will be needed on all sides or this might become 2 day trips(I'm up for both).

Cara, where DO you live? Cause I'd look you up too. We could do something illegal together and laugh about it. Mwwwahahharijuana. :D:D

Cara, I dont know who you're talking about but I'm an adventure seeking adrenaline junkie smile.gif .

BMF organize tailor-made away weekends for ppl seeking adventure, so sheh you should look into them if you want to organize an awesome adventurous weekend.

What I'm trying to say is - organize an exciting away weekend with BMF and count me in!

For the one day activities suggested, I wont do horse-riding, Paris (been there) or paintballing (done that), but the rest seem good to go!

p.s. BMF are organizing a ski trip in feb. I've never been skiing and would love to try that.

[ October 16, 2008, 04:32 AM: Message edited by: sheherazade ]

^woohoo. I've been waiting for you to prove them wrong. These BM people sound like fun. I'm thinking of a one day thing at the mo. Fardaha maxaa lagu nacey talow.

If you're interested in skiing, I'm off early December. Let me know; going with two friends who are more advanced than I am so i'll be doing a lot of alone time with the instructor. I am a beginner who seems to have done scarier skiing stuff than the friends have. Must have had an irresponsible instructor. Good to know you're not meant to be that out of control. :D

So we've got Serenity, Ibts, Lily, Val, me and Malika(?) for the one day get-together so far. I'll look around and keep the cost as low as possible. Bribe some chap and say we're poor Muslim women who don't get out much; can't he give a better group discount? Haha. Then we turn up and tear the place apart. Counting on you Ibts. :D

Haneefah   

Sheh, I wish I could. Lakeen as it appears, some of you seem a little too sporty for moi....buur la fanto Ilaah baa ileh ee kuma jiro...waan idin ku daba lumi lahaa. :D

Insha'Allah, make it happen; I wish you all a wonderful time. smile.gif

thanks, Neph, but it would have to be a lot more than a tenner if gambling money is to even begin to tempt. Rather fool an unsuspecting booking agent.

Haneefah, thanks, I'm sure we will.

Ducaysane, u seem stuck on fifth grade. smile.gif

Haven't made progress on this ladies as a little something called work and flu have got in the way. LoL, I was feeling rough for days b4 I realised I was in the grip of a virus. Could not think for sh*t yesterday so let everybody talk at me. Hope to do the same today. smile.gif