Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Australia's big Mufti calls uncovered women uncovered meat . Outrage follows!

Khalaf   

Cara

1. There is nothing wrong with asking the ulama about religion, they are learned and have dedicated many years of their life learning and studying the religion. As in any subject you ask those who are educated more then you, but they are human and can make mistakes. As Umar ra used to say follow me as long as I follow the Quran and Sunnah, thus listen to the ulama as long as they follow the Quran and Sunnah.

2. I don’t understand what you mean by “manufactured need”.

Originally posted by Valenteenah

It's sad for Muslim society that learned men have become advocates for rapists and adulterers. ]

Ahura I think you are misunderstanding. All the Imam said was these women who uncover and show their bodies do attract negative attention. Just look at when a woman with revealing clothing walks by men look at her back and front and compare it to the reaction a covered women gets no one looks at her sexually.

He is not making excuses for rapists or adulterers, he is talking about human nature. If women is half-naked or fully covered no one has right to bother her period. but in the real world there are predators and they will prey on the weak ie the women. You cant deny this.

That is why Allah Most Great has informed the women that they should cover themselves so they will not be annoyed. Yes even covered women are annoyed-we’ve heard of covered women being raped-but this is unusual. Also the women should have mahram with them and not go to places where they are likely to be harassed-parties, clubs, alcohol served, following the shariah would significantly reduce crime against women. And if there is rape do Mullah Omar style hang the mutha in public.

Naden   

The cleric's paternalistic drivel is hiding a deep hatred for women. This self-deceiving notion that he speaks on behalf of virtue or that most women can't make sensible judgment is a graft from the desert culture that is unfortunately stuck to the faith. The contempt for and fear of women is a hallmark of that culture. Any woman who's been to the Arab world knows the endless hassles, catcalls, assault and disrespect falling on covered or uncovered, young or old alike.

About the role of women in adultery, he ought to just see a therapist and spare us the ugly, subconscious rationalizations as it seems he's fighting some personal demons.

Originally posted by Khalaf:

Ahura I think you are misunderstanding. All the Imam said was these women who uncover and show their bodies do attract negative attention.

That is your take on it. It is not what the 'Imam' is purported to have said. Unless we are not reading the same thing.

The hijab doesn't save women from rape. A man who is willing to rape will rape, regardless of what the woman is wearing. But is it always a useful tool- blaming the actions of men on women. Further, looking at a woman passing by isn't the same as raping a woman. Most men look at women, whether she is wearing a hijab or not, but they are not all instantly enticed into carrying out rape, are they? Unless you are saying Muslim men have zero control, which would equate them with monkeys and goats.

We know everybody is responsible for and will answer to his/hers actions. I doubt very much if a rapist arguing 'she was wearing jeans and that's why I raped her' will be spared in Aakhira, so I don't see why excuses and justifications are being provided for sexual deviants by Muslim men like your dear misunderstood mufti wadaad.

There is such a thing as a personal opinion, which is fine. But labelling half of humanity as the foot soldiers of Satan is taking it a bit far, especially when you are supposed to be a respected religious leader and you are giving a Ramadan sermon.

As a Muslim woman, listening to or accepting such clearly misogynistic rhetoric is out of the question. It's akin to listening to the views of a hard-core racist when you are black. To put it mildly, it's hardly likely that they would have your best interests at heart.

I hope he is fired from his post.

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

The hijab doesn't save women from rape. A man who is willing to rape will rape, regardless of what the woman is wearing. But is it always a useful tool- blaming the actions of men on women. Further, looking at a woman passing by isn't the same as raping a woman. Most men look at women, whether she is wearing a hijab or not, but they are not all instantly enticed into carrying out rape, are they? Unless you are saying Muslim men have zero control, which would equate them with monkeys and goats.

First we are not talking about Muslim men but men in general. Quran had laid down laws to be followed for both men and women, I am sure you know this, if these laws are followed this reduces crime.

Most men and I know men my sister don’t look at a women with hijab and one who is not hijabed the same way. I see it around campus all the time, and um sure you have seen it also thus there is no reason to say a covered women and uncovered women are treated the same in this regard-uncovered women are looked at sexually while covered women are not.

About rapes, I don’t believe the Imam is making excuse for the men and blaming it on the women. As I have said and um sure u would agree not all men are noble, there will be some who prey on the weak-women. Look at the statistics, large percentage like 60% of college male students said they would rape if they were assured of not getting caught. Thus this behavior is present in males the Quran has said men were created weak that is why it is important to follow the rules of Islam especially for the women.

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

As a Muslim woman, listening to or accepting such clearly misogynistic rhetoric is out of the question. It's akin to listening to the views of a hard-core racist when you are black. To put it mildly, it's hardly likely that they would have your best interests at heart.

I hope he is fired from his post.

I don’t understand where your anger is coming from. He is not blaming the women, he is talking about human nature-which is without fear of Higher Being or the law would abuse their powers and take advantage of the weak-the women in most cases.

I am sure we will not agree. Its like the women who says men and women are equally strong but if for example their house is broken into she gets scared and tells her husband to check on it.

peace to u.

Originally posted by Cara:

quote:Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

A controversial cleric who said women who didn't wear a veil were "uncovered meat" asking to be raped will keep his job as the spiritual leader of Australia's 350,000 Muslims.

That's really sad. He's not capable of serving the spiritual needs of granite boulders.
From a secularist perspective, I guess. But I think you are not capable of making any judgements since you oppose the existance of Allah, according to your previous remarks.

How sad that she's lost and yet attempting to guide others for directions!!!

Muslim men are turning into animals, that can't control themseleves and enjoy blaming everything on as women.

Is the west wrong when they say muslim men are outright disrespectful to their women? In some muslim countries women get killed for getting raped, where is the justice in that?

And we have some men here that are trying to explain to us in an excusable manner what the old man had to say.

Originally posted by Nistisa:

Muslim men are turning into animals, that can't control themseleves and enjoy blaming everything on as women.

Is the west wrong when they say muslim men are outright disrespectful to their women? In some muslim countries women get killed for getting raped, where is the justice in that?

And we have some men here that are trying to explain to us in an excusable manner what the old man had to say.

You are obviously talking like a feminist who had no regard to the dignity of men. You can't speak off your mind, since the western propoganda against Muslim men had sipped into your little mind.

:mad: What a sad creature!

Khalaf   

^^^^Ouch Ouch! :D

Men and Women will never understand each other. Khalas Khalas! I surrender!

Believe me sister though, the religious brothers will be the first ones to protect the women....and hang mutha who harms women. What is happening in so called muslim countries like Pakistan that blames the women is culture not Islam. I thought I made sense but guess not. damn!!

I blame oprah for your thinking!!! :mad:

You are obviously talking like a feminist who had no regard to the dignity of men. You can't speak off your mind, since the western propoganda against Muslim men had sipped into your little mind.

What a sad creature!

Excuse you, if I am a feminist what is the mufti? I don’t need western propaganda to know what is wrong with Muslim men today. It is as clear as light. Dignity, What dignity are you speaking of? Do men even have dignity these days? Left and right women are being abused, on one half as sex-slaves and on the other half as the blame-carriers.

This mufti is comparing me with a piece of meat. Be a man and take responsibility for your own actions. Western propaganda is fed by your mufti friend who is taking islam out of context, not women.

And you are the sad creature who thinks it is perfectly fine to rape women just because they show little skin and agree with this lunatic mufti! Pitiful...ufff

Originally posted by Nistisa:

What a sad creature!

Excuse you, if I am a feminist what is the mufti? I don’t need western propaganda to know what is wrong with Muslim men today. It is as clear as light. Dignity, What dignity are you speaking of? Do men even have dignity these days? Left and right women are being abused, on one half as sex-slaves and on the other half as the blame-carriers.

This mufti is comparing me with a piece of meat. Be a man and take responsibility for your own actions. Western propaganda is fed by your mufti friend who is taking islam out of context, not women.

And you are the sad creature who thinks it is perfectly fine to rape women just because they show little skin and agree with this lunatic mufti! Pitiful...ufff

I think you losing your hearts and minds with the CNN shows on fashion and Beer Ads, because they persuaded you that freedom alone (according to western interpretations of freedom) is what you need to strive on.

I can say, the western propoganda owns you for good. Too sad, that you can't even look like a typical white chick with the usuall western characteristics. I think you need to peel off your skin just as Micheal Jackson did to make him acceptable to the white man.

I have to send you my condolence for your loss of Somali way of life, and the pride that your great mother has taught you during childhood!

May you die a heart-attack in an Islamic state and then go to Jannah, aameen!

Cara.   

Alle-Ubaahne, you're clearly a deeply disturbed man. Seek help.

Khalaf, perhaps you should re-read the entire text of the sermon before you defend al-Hilali. I'm particularly interested in how you reconcile the following passage with your conviction that the Mufti was not excusing rapists:

“But when it comes to this disaster, who started it? In his literature, writer al-Rafee says,
if I came across a rape crime, I would discipline the man and order that the woman be jailed for life
. Why would you do this, Rafee? He said because if she had not left the meat uncovered, the cat wouldn’t have snatched it.”

“If you get a kilo of meat, and you don’t put it in the fridge or in the pot or in the kitchen but you leave it on a plate in the backyard, and then you have a fight with the neighbor because his cats eat the meat, you’re crazy. Isn’t this true?”

Honestly. Isn't it true?

Saalixa   

All of you defending his statement...i would like to ask if every man in this world raped and got away with it just because the lady uncovered her body what would the world turn out to be?

What happened self restriction and lowering the gaze?

Those leb boys or muslim boys that have raped are not to be called muslims they are CRIMINALS.

we shouldn't make excuses for their crimes. They are responsible and have minds to know the difference between haram sex and halal sex and RAPE!

That just shows our ****** reasonging in the australia muslim community. A man has a choice and so does a women. If she chooses to uncover then he chooses to rape why is the blame just on the women. It is on both. And plus non muslim women many have no knowledge of what our religion teaches so they were never taught to be modest. So i dont blame those that are ignorant of it. I think i would rather blame a muslim woemn who knows the truth than a non muslim one who never was taught what the hijaab is.

so at the end of the day i dont think alot of muslim women go out in bikinis to get raped. They just do it because for them it is OK. And us as muslims coming here as migrants should respect that i mean give them thier space...it is not our land after all is it?

The sheikh should't make excuses for the crimes of other muslims. They did a crime and accept it.