Sign in to follow this  
Saxardiid

Girl, 15, is raped by asylum seeker

Greenwich

Girl, 15, is raped by asylum seeker

By Court Reporter

AN ASYLUM seeker who twice raped a 15-year old girl after offering to help her faces years behind bars before he is sent back to Somalia.

Abdi Ali, 25, befriended the girl on a bus travelling from Woolwich, after she had rowed with her mother.

When she confided to him about the argument, Ali lured her back to his friend's shared flat in Stepney, east London, promising she could stay the night.

Isobel Ascherson, prosecuting, told Snaresbrook Crown Court how the girl slept one night in the flat undisturbed, but the next evening, April 23, 2002, she was left alone with Ali.

Mrs Ascherson said: "She was asked by the defendant, 'Are you going to have sex with me?' which she said no to. "At that stage she started to complain she was sick and wanted and needed to leave."

But she was pinned down and raped once by Ali, then again 10 minutes later.

After her ordeal, Ali left the flat but his friend came into the flat and raped the distraught teenager after threatening her with a knife and hitting her. In a bid to escape, the terrified girl pretended she wanted to go with her attackers to a cafe they had mentioned.

Eventually the girl was allowed out of the flat and travelled to the cafe where she told a customer what had happened and police were called.

Ali, of Leven Road, Canning Town, was arrested and interviewed on July 1 but denied knowing the girl or raping her.

When he was challenged with DNA evidence he claimed the sex had been consensual.

He then admitted one charge of rape on the first day of his trial.

Ali, who has a wife in Somalia, had been granted exceptional leave to remain in the UK for two years.

The second man has never been traced.

Last Tuesday, Judge Timothy King adjourned sentence until January 9 so that forms necessary to recommend his deportation after his jail term could be served.

web page

Intel   

maan whats with all these Faraxs raping little white girls

is it that hard to find easy & willing white girls in UK and US :confused:

I hope he gets the punishment he deserves. But then again, if he is sent to prison before his deportation, well..he will finally know what it feels like to rape someone, huh?

I hope they dont allow him an easy escape of just deportation!

Haashim   

Guys have you noticed that SOMALIA became the headlines of the most newspapers and magazines in Europe.

i've been in Netherland recently, even the free train newspapers like METRO, SPITS are full of unlucky Somalis like Ayan Hirsi (qandho qal dheer), Waris Dirie (qaawanaanta quruxda mooday) etc.

not to mention in UK, donkey eaters, aids spreader, rape, stapped to death enz. why all these negative images from opur society or it's some examples of our reality.

N.O.R.F   

inmates will know before too long that he raped a young girl, hope his a$$ is sent to Wormwood Scrubs HMP in Brixton or Broadwater Prison,,,,

Murrad, i share yr thoughts, every news article/headline concerning somalis is something negative, but u know how it is, if the guy was english they would'nt say it.

Blessed   

The trouble with the faarxa's is that they fail to differentiate between rape and sex - Just look at the foolishness some brothers are writing in the women's section :mad:

Honestly, there is no excuse for such ignorance and khasiisnimo. Ninku naag ayuu qabaa, he should be with his wife if he is in need of a naag instead of luring poor gilrs and forcing himself on them (raping them).

Muraad,

Walaal, I hear what you say ... I think the reporters are having a field trip by bringing these stories to the public. But as they say there is no smoke without fire! These stories do exist in our community - and I think the sooner we accept them the quicker we'll be able to resolve the problem.

I worked in an all- girls school a while back and walaahi - there were 30 year old Somali men waiting around 4 young girls - and using and abusing them...!! Raga qaarkood in la castrate gareeyo ayeey istaahilaan ..kuwa kalena waa inay dumarka ka qabtaan because magac raga soomaaliyeed ayey ku ciyaareen... saqajaaamiin waaxid!

excuse me - I'm just really :mad: about waxyaabahan...

xidiga waqooyi

... but u know how it is, if the guy was english they would'nt say it

i think media is media any story that make the headlines they will go for it. secondly have you fellowed Ian Hantly (soham murder) story, they talked the evil things that man did and showed his true picture. so if brother does something wrong then its the duty of the media to inform the public. as Ameenah said the sooner we come to terms with the better for our community. the solution starts when the problem is recognised.

JIDAAWY   

If I was the judge in this teenagers case, and the guilt was proven on Ali’s part beyond reasonable doubt, I would have defiantly sent him to jail for an extended period of time and ordered his black *** be lashed 200 times in a public place.

On the other hand, I have always wondered how come there aren’t much rape crimes in Somalia.. does this mean it don’t happen that often or girls choose not to confront the predator in fear of disgrace??

bilan   

salaam

jidaawy rape happens in somalia. more than here in the west, if you've been in somalia the last two years before the war and during the war you'll realize that rape is not strange to somalis. some of them are not reported because of two reasons, first there is no goverment, and second somalis will always blame on the girl and will sentence her even before they hear the story, so most girls will choose to suffer silently and alone,because if people find out that she was raped they will treat her as an outcast.

LuCkY   

BisinKa...BisinKa...BisinKa...Aacuudu BiLaaHi. :eek: :eek: :eek:

DamN what is it with MEN and Rape...Poor GaLs.

I hope Justice is Done for these Ladies that go through that Kinda HeLL...DAMN dont these men have any conscience at aLL?

I mean to Devour-Annihilate someones dignity...LIFE...is inexcusabLe and unthinkabLe therefore the pervert shouLd pay dearLy. :mad: :mad:

For a someone to commit such heinous act they must have poison in their system. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

well come to the real world! hey, in the real world, anything can happen...so just be careful and really look out for yourself! u aint in good ole nomadland. so use head and when u see trouble, just walk away! i see nomads trusting folks they have no idea about! always, listen to your mind! if u get any feelings that something is outta of wack, hit the road!!

OG Moti   

Someone said rape happens in somalia more than western countries, nothing could be further than the truth, In somalia we still muslims and we still have some dignity and honor even thou we seem to be useless in the eyes of the world.. secondly Ali was framed .. i am sure the white girl wanted to stay with him and maybe she liked the appartment of Ali and she wanted to spend the rest of her life there... and he said no... otherwise how come the other man was not identified, and was he a ghost, Ali doesnt know him the girl doesnt remember his face or all farax looks the same for a white girl? come on give the brother benefit of doubt .. i feel he was framed his only mistake was he was offered a white meat free of charge and he decided to take a bite and when he said he cant eat it all, he was accused of rape... ... faraxoos stop saying yes whenever u are offered a bite of a white meat or any meat have some style.. get a job and marry a decent girl... peace

Blessed   

^^^ Here we go again :rolleyes:

Walaal, a lot of Somali ppl diinta kuma dhaqmaan. So stop making excuses for these men.

One thing I would love to understand is what White Women have done to Somali men... It's nasty how lowly they think of them... so low that it's okay to rape them :rolleyes:

Khayr   

After her ordeal, Ali left the flat
but his friend came into the flat and raped the distraught teenager after threatening her with a knife and hitting her.

and they say that

The second man has never been traced.

Why can't they find him? Its the 21st century and they can trace finger prints, DNA Samples, semen etc. and there saying that the 'second man has never been traced'

Sounds kinda fishyyyyy :confused:

In anycase, if its true, then he is a sick person and deserves punishment.

You know the same parallels can be made

with the Kobe Bryant case.

Do you nomads have as much 'VENOM' for Kobe as you might have for 'ALI'?

i think the concept of rape in the west is very different then what we used to know in Somalia.. in somalia only violent rape is considered as rape, even the society needs to be convinced that this kind of rape is rape. now violent rape is very high in somalia and if the victim mentions then the reprisals maybe worse. not all somalia is same though. in the west many somali men get away with it because criminals are send to somalia before the law reaches them. so denial is not the answer let us discuss solutions. I believe jail is not right solution maybe re-education, therapy or other things may work.