Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Whats the Worst job you ever had?

Lake   

My worst job I ever hmmmm ( I had alot of F*.. summer jobs over the years) but one in particular that stood out..was a job I took as a student provincial exchange program..I was so excited in the beg, I was leaving home for the summer to go else where to work..My mom warned me to what I was getting myself into but...I thought it will be neat just to get away. I went to some lil Tulo in Manitoba Canada..I was camping with these stinking Native Indians..Our job duty was some save the trees shlt hahaha..We were out in the sun everyday to plant trees..I came like thousands of miles from home to plant some trees with stinking native Indians?...Like a week into the job..I was calling Hoyo begging her please to come and get me. I faked back injury just so that I could be released from my duties after like 2 weeks later

ElPunto   

^stinking natives??? You're a guest in their country buddy.

My worst job was delivering the local Sunday buy and sell rag called the PennySaver here in Ottawa back when I was 12. It was slave labour although admittedly not as bad as many of the rest of the jobs posted. You had to insert a gazillion flyers into every newspaper and then deliver them to about 300 households. For this I got paid $25 for the whole month. And that was the gross before paying my employees - my younger sisters and a nieghbour. At the end of the month I was left with $10 and an aching shoulder. I quit after 2 months.

What a load of Crab!!, Being un-employed is the worst Job one could Hold. any other job that earns you any daily bread or dead Means is better then being bloody un-employed and cliaming the Cayedh!

some Of You should be shipped back home walee to taste the real meaning of how life is without any earnings or any damn dependance on any social welfare just coz U have the right to cliam so!

Iffah   

The worst job I've ever had was working some marketing company that sells knives. It was the summer after I graduated from HS and I was eager to find a summer job. So after some searching, I found an Ad in the paper for this company that would pay $15/hr and needed students, no experience required. The interview was grueling, they took 2 at time and threw questions at us one at a time. After 3 days of training (unpaid of course) and paying $145 for a set of knives as a demo kit for my 'clients'... I had to make a list of names I would contact, family, friends, neighbours etc. and try to sell them $ 1000 dollar knives. Then I had to beg (pardon me, ask)for them to give me referrals to their friends, because we were not going to to do door to door soliciting as they promised. Yeah right! When your family and friends did not want to buy $1000 knives you had no other choice but to solicit :confused: Imagine a stranger showing up at your doorstep with a bag full of knives :eek:

Khayr   

Originally posted by Ilhaam:

The worst job I've ever had was working some marketing company that sells knives. It was the summer after I graduated from HS and I was eager to find a summer job. So after some searching, I found an Ad in the paper for this company that would pay $15/hr and needed students, no experience required. The interview was grueling, they took 2 at time and threw questions at us one at a time. After 3 days of training (unpaid of course) and paying $145 for a set of knives as a demo kit for my 'clients'... I had to make a list of names I would contact, family, friends, neighbours etc. and try to sell them $ 1000 dollar knives. Then I had to beg (pardon me, ask)for them to give me referrals to their friends, because we were not going to to do door to door soliciting as they promised. Yeah right! When your family and friends did not want to buy $1000 knives you had no other choice but to solicit :confused: Imagine a stranger showing up at your doorstep with a bag full of knives :eek:

What an ingenious scam! You pay them $145 and work for them for bascially-free.

I bet they knew you couldn't sell knives for $1000. So they made there bread and butter of you, the 'customer' aka the Employee.

You got Punk'd! icon_razz.gif

A slaughter house is just plain-sicking. 4000cows a day :eek: Do you know how much one cow weights? nuff said.

Counting the Till at the end of the day is a bit of pressure. I think thats why some employers count them every few hours, instead of a day end till count.

That furniture job sounds back breaking, but at least you didn't have to lift that kind of weight up a ladder or carry it on a titled roof or walkway.

Miriam1   

Ilhaam..loooooool, I begged for my mother to drive me way up there when I saw the Ad in the summer of my 11th grd, I sat there all expecting and dressed so professionaly, they mentioned the Knives and Door to Door after TWO HOURS of sitting down and filling papers...I went back to the car to my patient hoyo and cousin sitting there fuming after waiting outside in the heat for two hours...and when I mentioned the job and what it consitited of, they could not stop laughing...go to a stranger, knock on his door with a bunch of knives, ur welcoming him to kill you lol..heh

walahi ur brave, you tried to actually sell them. since then I have had no commitment to any sort of "job".

Worst Job Ever.

Zellers!

Maybe its okay to work as a cashier at Zellers..but after working for 2yrs as a Cashier at Rogers, I didnt care for that job, So when I was offered Service Rep..I went for it...I was basically the person who ran around the huge store getting prices for the cashiers on unmarked stuff!

Also I had to answer calls from people at home calling to see how much something is worth...which meant doulbe the job...

I was offered 1.5 hrs of training and let loose ont the store...it was horrible...didnt know where anything was...****** people yelling at me, once they saw the red shirt, as if i knew what every litte thing cost...

Never went back after the first day.

I think its nice if ppl mention thier BEst Job!

Cirque Du Soliel, I was an usher for the show in Toronto one summer absolute fun working with Clowns and everyone was just basically happy.

Iffah   

^ You were smarter. I should've walked away after they told us we'd be selling knives too. You know they won't tell you what you would be selling until you go there in person and do all the paperwork. My family laughed at me too when I brought home a briefcase load of knives. :D

Khayr,

I got punked good walee. Since then I been warning people I know from being scammed by them. I've seen many complaints against them from students (their target audience) and online petitions too.

STOIC   

When you are in college some people are blessed with their eggs, but if God didn’t bless you with an egg :D , you have to come up with a clever money making scheme. I was offered a job as a server in the college dining hall. Damn Istupid college kids. They kept coming back for the tofu and the Pizza like there had a quick digestive track. Occasionally when there was traffic in the pick hours the supervisors picks you to clean the dirty ware conveyor belt. Yike. This was tiresome and repetitive job.

PS I am gonna have to be careful writting my life story on the net from now. The other day I had an acquaintance walk up to me and ask if I was Stoic on SOL. Big mistake for posting the graduation Liberation topic.I wanted to play it out , but I couldn't lie.

hodman   

Worst job I had was working as a teller in a check-cashing place. The rude customers in a regular bank sound like heaven if you ever had the misfortune to serve a bunch of bad credit ppl with a huge chip on their shoulder and an attitude from hell. Remembering it is giving me a headache :(

Baluug   

Originally posted by Animal Farm:

You worked at a slaughter house, neat -was it a halaal spot, if so, was the killing done by hand or by machine?

Lakeside Packers in Brooks, Alberta is the largest slaughterhouse in Canada and supplies about 1/3 of all of Canada's beef. They also employ quite a few Somali people, including my wife at one time. this is most definitely not a halaal place. They drive a spike into the cow's brain using high-pressure pneumatic gun, rendering it unconscious, then shackling the cows legs, hanging it upside down and then bleeding it to death (they call it "sticking") by cutting straight up (or down, actually) from the bottom of it's neck to the top, so no way it's halaal.

Jacpher   

Worst summer job was delivery flyers to nice cadaan neighborhoods. We had to walk right to door and place the flyer. Dogs barking every corner, cadaan people staring every window. Using outdated and confusing maps didn’t help it either. Two days later, I pulled no call no show. I don’t think that Arab guy paid me for those two horrible long days.

Lake   

Originally posted by ThePoint:

^stinking natives??? You're a guest in their country buddy.

I don’t mean to generalize but I was calling “Stink……….†To the specific ones I was camping with

Viking   

Worst job? For me it's more like worst part of a job...I had to at times take care of a corpse, clean it and get it ready for the morgue. One time a work-mate turned a corpse around and some of the residual air in the lungs hissed out, my heart almost stopped!

Eerie feeling to be looking around hoping the angel of death has left the building!

STOIC   

I see a dead men walking on SOL threads..Ghosts are ransacking this place.They are fidling with my door..Seriously though you work with dead people? You've got the nerves oh boy! Oh how I love to hear the "true" story of the dead people.Can you tell me if they can still snore while they are dead? Aside from the jokes, dude your job creeps me out :D