Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Whats the Worst job you ever had?

Khayr   

Salamun caliykum nomads,

The other day I went to try out a 'cash' job over the weekend. I do have a full time job, during the weekdays.

This job entailed working on roof tops of houses and fixing their shingles, putting on new ones. Those shingles are about 50kg a bag approx. that require hand lifting on a sloped roof. 50 bags or more in total. Take into account that the sun was over our heads and we only had 3 guys (bossman was working part time, going on extended leaves during the job) to the roof in One day. The owner was very greedy and was trying to squeeze out as much as pay as possible by finishing a house, a day-re-roofing.

To make a short story shorter :D , we worked from early morning until sunset, with no lunch (boss/owner said that he would provide lunch and only came back with coffee and coke (of which I wanted to blast in his face) and no breaks. :rolleyes:

I've done that jobe before but we at least had lunch and breaks.

This owner/punk was thinking of $$$.

In anycase, I was sufferring from heatstroke, along with another guy who was 300lbs. I didn't stay until sunset and was like 'We didn't take the Boat, we Flew over here-so wrong n###a' and decided that was it. Well my body did that first and the fact that I could barely walk or sit or talk anymore.

Nomads pls do share some of your most Horrific jobs and job experiences that you have had.

-Lily-   

I once worked for Help The Aged publications department for a few days through an agency and the room was sooo hot I felt like throwing up, my skin was itching and I felt really dizzy. Apparently, this particular window was not allowed to be opened, I worked there for 2 days before I left.

askme   

listen up yeah!!

I once worked for only 2 days and a half for a sofa delivery company for christmass as a temporary worker with about 4/5 other guys who where temporary as well.

This job was more like Weight Training Exercise

This was a company/warehouse fulll of hundreds of sofas ( beautiful,expensive ones). and we had to work there for 2 days and a half day.

the job was only removing sofas from here to dere, from left to right, from up to down for right to left, from warehouse to truck from truck to warehouse from back storage to truck etc.

I swear the seccond day we came early and there were about 4 truck ready to be filled with sofas and then the seccond, then the third then forth there after another 4 trucks came, JOB DONE ALXAMDULILAH

then after just before luch 3 other truck come from nowhere and this job was soooooooooooooooooo tiring i swear thats when you really gonna pray ALlah for having a bed and roof above your head.

My vains were plain to see all over my arms and my mussles were strained like ive been to the gym

Naden   

I was hired by a marketing company that needed summer students to create a marketing campaign. Showed up for work around 8 a.m. on a Monday, was given a portfolio with contracts and a list of names and addresses, and then dropped off with 5 other people in a suburb of the city where I lived. Going door to door trying to sell golfing equipment to retirees and stay-at-home moms was the marketing campaign :rolleyes: . Never had so many doors close in my black face. I quit at lunch hour.

J.Lee   

lol@telemarketing. Sorry. I quit that job the day I was supposed to start it. Phew.

My worst job was working as a Customer service rep. for Verizon Wireless: And it's not cute to call and say "Can you hear me now?" or "Good" when I reply yes. IT'S NOT.

Intel   

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

Bank Teller

lol which bank?... :D

My worst job... milk boy…my younger days in small town in NZ, for $3 per hour :mad:

My worst job was as a tutor for these wild Somali kids,.......I almost used to lose my voice screaming after them, aamus shutup, fariiso, waryaa don't hit your sister! their mom never used to discipline them and she used to ask me weird questions with a quizzical look on her face like...Are my kids worst then other kids? :confused: I don't know habaryar (can't she not see me gulping down the extra strength tylenol?)She used to hunt me down too...Didi when can I expect you to come today?

well I hope I benefitted them, they were very bright kids masha allah but then again most Somali kids are very intelligent from what I observed.

Pi   

I've tried construction a few summer backs. Two buddies and I decided to do some real work. I quit the forth day. My two other freinds quite the eighth day. Guess they needed the money more than I did.