Sign in to follow this  
Yaabka-Yaabkiis

what kind of somali food you like to eat in Quraac,da Qadada , cashada?

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Kan leh aa qaraabo tihiin yaah?
;)
Yar fiican waaye.

Arsee ku ogaatay...Yea one of the owners is a relative of mine...

Layzie, I hate XAMDI, reer baadiyeyaal lee iga dheh...I went there one time with my friend (a girl), we sat in the main dining area...This guy, who works there, came up to us and said "abaayo maa gudaha fariisatiin, meeshaan nimanka waaye"...Too waalan eeyidana eheydee, waxey tiri "it's ok aboow, wiilal aan sugoynaa"...You should've seen the look on his face...

As for Karuur, it is on Marin Grove, South of Rexdale, North of Belfield...Best service, best food, very clean...I went there once with your sisters, we had lunch on the patio...Luved it...

ElPunto   

^Well at least there is some choice in Toronto. Other places - it's pretty much a deserted hole in the wall. Somali food is really good and one could make good money with proper restaurants but somehow we have yet to grasp all the skills needed. Best thing for many to do is set up a lunch stand - bring in a fixed number of dishes - and sell them rather than opting for a sit down experience.

Aaliyyah   

Layzie, I hate XAMDI, reer baadiyeyaal lee iga dheh...I went there one time with my friend (a girl), we sat in the main dining area...This guy, who works there, came up to us and said "abaayo maa gudaha fariisatiin, meeshaan nimanka waaye"...Too waalan eeyidana eheydee, waxey tiri "it's ok aboow, wiilal aan sugoynaa"...You should've seen the look on his face

Kool kat lool @ niman a sugaya ...and how was his face like ? please elaborate ;)

I wouldn't know much abt xamdi restaurant at the west end as I only went there few times. However, the downtown one is pretty good, and the food is awesome.

Layzie, I hate XAMDI, reer baadiyeyaal lee iga dheh...

lol@@@@@@@@@@@@@@U kk, you crack me up.Baadiyeyaal lee iga dheh, hahaha classic ma istiri. Bal MMA la hadal and weydii inuu franchise stage ku qabo, I think he bought a share, waxaan ka arkay sida uu respect u siiyo. This isn't the first time uu faaniyay Xamdi.

gradoslo3.jpg

gradoslo6.jpg

Aawey kuwii lahaa muufo waligeena ma arkin, oo ma cunin? There you go, the first picture.

Lazygirl, Xamdi si fiican u dacaayadeey, oo dhulka ku jiid jiid, oo haddaa rabtid xataa fiiq fiiq, shuqulkeey ma'aha. Share aa ku leedahay kulahaa. :D

I like Xamdi because the services and food it provides, this coming from a guy who practically tasted what every Soomaali restaurant provided in Koronto the last seven years, a dozen restaurants: From the now closed ones of Mahad [located at Dundas and Scarlett area] to Wagad [Weston/Lawrence] to Iimaan [Weston/Lawrence] and others aan magacyadooda xasuusan to now still operating Banaadir, Xamarweyne, Alcuruba, Afgooye, Karuur and the ones at downtown.

About Xamdi, once a while ayaaba tagaa, oo meel aan ku badanahay maba aha. Too much buuqa by always being busy ku nacay, especially with non-Soomaalis.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

gradoslo3.jpg

gradoslo6.jpg

You better stop that otherwise some ppl might start licking their computgers!

Jacpher   

^Comparing Muufo to Sabaayad is like err bakeyle to bisad. Muufo reer Xamar is the best. Qadadii Abuukar wili ma hilmaani. Yummy bisbaas.

MMA knows Hamdi rocks. That place is crowded. Did they have a party or something that night? Lucky if you find a seating. A friend took to me to Karuur. The name is not so attractive. Empty and quite but I had a good experience.

Hunguri   

I never thought a seocnd such a topic would take 8 hops. Its as simple as what do u eat for Quraac,Qado,Casho smile.gif . Waar Somalida maxaa gaajo ku raffaty. Allaw sahal!

Kuusha, meesha Nakruuma leedahay ma'aha. Sawirka Oslo, Norway, ayaa laga soo qaaday.

Jimcaale, u sheeg dadkaan Xamdi eber ka dhigay adaa isla aragnee summerkii. Meeshaas saas ayee busy u tahay seven days a week, side ee habeenkaas ahayd.

Jacpher   

^Hirig hirigaa gali laheyn habeenkaas hadaadan adiga ahaan laheyn. Ragaas wey shaqeysteen suuqna wuu u furan yahay. That says a lot about Somali businesses in general. Ilaahey ha u barakeeyo, woxoodna wax ha ugu daro.

Originally posted by Hunguri:

Waar Somalida maxaa gaajo ku raffaty. Allaw sahal!

Sow adiga hunguri la baxay. Allow kuu sahal. Rag hunguri ku heshii maahmaahdaas ma maqashay? It speaks volume in Somali societies, business, politicking, communities, etc. Show waxa isu kaaya-keenaba waa hunguriga iyo reer guuraanimada.