Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

Somali single mother beats inner-city odds to secure five As at GCSE

Ibtisam   

It is 2pac dee!^ :D What do you who is the black man! issh

YEs it is called dedication my dear. We are Africans and education. You know I was thinking about the age you know. I was like single mother, 16, What the... :D

GB_ - waa geeljire u ducaysanaya 'Good GCSEs' :cool:

Ibti- the ability of somalis to achieve the highest possible grades/recognition etc is not in question here nor i am ever surpised by my peoples abilities to achieve the impossible.

i only had issue with those that had negative comments despite the positive nature of the article.

there was the somali boy who won the europian youn scientist award, beating some 2O thousand entries and even my own niece who just last week got 12 GCSE and the lowest mark she got was one B in Art and many many others who are innumerous to mention here, but when it comes to collective, we somalis are being looked down on, perhaps as payback for our own sins of looking down at each other back home and even in here and many other places

Cara.   

^There are 9 comments and only 1 is negative. Am I missing some subtle British put-downs?

Actually Ibti, I do think she's a teenager. Shows the resilience and adaptability of youth at work.

Samafal   

Well done to Naima and may she succeed her dream of becoming a doctor.

I hope she inspires and become a role model for all other single mothers in the UK who almost convinced themselves getting Income support is the ultimate prize to win. She showed our sisters with little bit of hard work and resilience it is possible to achieve success in life.

Fabregas   

sayid, i passed my GCSES with flying colours, tank u fara much!

JB, dont worry, ill find everything u wrote on the times comments page and paste it on SOL

Ibtisam, r u sure that is tupac, all i can see if qofmadow?