Sign in to follow this  
Caano_Geel

Top five largest cities in order - Somalia 2009

The shaabab need to capture two more cities, before they can have all five. Its a shame they are in Somaliland. smile.gif

My birth city has grown like a phoenix from the ashes. Not so long in 1988 it was demolished along with its inhabitants. But the resolve and determination of our people to rebuild their lives together is stronger than ever.Allah Akbar!!

Today, Hargeisa is a cosmopolitan and developed city. Such is the hospitality of Somalilanders to reach out to their brothers and sisters in the Somali peninsula that everyone providing they can be responsible and a loyal citizen can be assured safety and prosperity! I wonder if the opposite can be said for Mogadishu in the 1969-1988?

Juje   

Top five largest cities in order - Somalia 2009

Sxb rectify the order list it dents the authenticity of your reporting.

N.O.R.F   

From the pics it's obvious Muqdisho is larger than Hargaisa. Kismaayo will give Hargaisa a run for it's money as well.

*before MMA comes in here and goes into a rage*

nuune   

^^ Norfy, thanks for stating the facts.

lool@MMA,

it is true though, no city in Somalia is equal to Mogadishu in terms of everything, even mogadishu becoming ruined.

One can check the latest satelite imaging of any city in Somalia on here, you can zoom 50 times and even see where you used to live.

Check here: Find your street or home in Somalia - clear image

Cajiib mabaa xishonayaan!!

Look at burco there is a square in red.

That is the stadium!

The football stadium is nearly 1/3 of the city.

And they are coming here instead of (isla xishonlahayeen)having a bit of shame, they came parading their mirqan.

Maaba goumanoo dadkaan!!

I let you nuune link.

And google djibouti (10 times bigger than any cities)

or borama

use the same scale at the bottom 1000ft/500m

and compare borama against burco.

Let alone djibouti!!!!

Som@li   

Meeshu waa saxare, Maxaa la isku haystaa.

Who ever chosen Kismayo for this spot made a righ decision, It is perfect.

landish   

is funny when the truth is right there in front of ur face and yet ppl are blinded by cuuqdaad... look at the scale measure and u could tell that the order of somalia cities is correct...JUST LOOK and dont hate..

Tuujiye   

^ landish intaad la baxday baad dad cuqdad ku sheegee lool wlc to SOl saaxiib......

Hargeysa waa xafad markaad soo ag dhigtid Muqdisho wexey ku jirtaa Magaalooyinka ugu weyn ee qaarada Africa saaxiibayaal.. Yes Hargeysa wee ka weyn tahay inta kale iyadoo wili dood ka jirta in ee ka weyntahay Kismaayo...

MMA Kismaayo iyo Hargeysa Tee baa weyn?

Wareer Badanaa!!!

North and Nuune, rage see ah? Xamar Caddeey waa hore la iga xumeeye, and the rage I had about that long disappeared. Dadka xumeeye ayaa rage u qabi lahaa, not folks on here claiming my tuulo is bigger than yours. :D

Tuujka, labadaasba mundulkey haddaa arki lahayd ka weynba.

Laakiin meeshaba looks like semi-saxaro. I never thought Kismaayo would look like that. Ma geedihii ku hareersanaa laga jarjaray? Shuud.

I should claim Baydhabo, the only 'green' town I can see from the satellite in those images. Difooso difaac Baydhabo noqonaa bas waaye. :D