Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

GAME: 50 words stories.

Chimera   

Let's play a game of writing short stories with a maximum of only 50 words at our disposal.

I will start:

Today would be the day, finally she would be mine!

I picked up the knife, and approached where she was standing.

I was nervous, as was she, but I marched on, nothing would stand in my way.

I grabbed her hand, and we locked eyes.

Together we sliced our weddingcake.

Ismalura   

"I have to go.” He said after a long silence. “I know.” She replied with heavy sigh. There wasn’t much to say even after all that happened. Perhaps some day they could say goodbye. "Or perhaps she will get divorced.”, he thought and suddenly felt the familiar flood of feelings.

Excatly 50 words from some where close to the heart :D

Kool_Kat   

She stood over her aunt, at the hospital reciting verses from the Quran, praying to Allah to ease her pain and forgive her sins. She shopped, joked, and laughed with her only a few weeks ago. Today, she’d only 48 hours to live! No wonder they call it “SILENT KILLER”!!!

Oz   

Beneath an old house in Wales, the Prescott Research Group is digging. They are looking for a doorway from our world to another. As they dig there comes a sound beyond the wall at which they hew, a distant rumble, like the deep and rhythmic breathing of some distant giant.

nuune   

"asagoo ku taagan dhagax baa waxaa soo ag marey abeeso, abeesadii ismaba waalin aayar unbey ninkii cuntey, asna raali buu ka ahaa in la daaqo"

Kamaavi   

"Abeesadii oo malafsanaysa ayaa u soo ruqaansatay qudha kobtuu adeerkiis xaaji sanco badane taagnaa. Xaajigii ayaa markiiba isha ka buuxsaday. Isagoo iskala baacinhaya ayuu toorey af badan iska soo jaray. Labo is le'eg ayuu u kala gooyay abeesadii dibirada weyneyd.

Isla ilbidiqsiba gadaashisa waxaa mudh ka soo yidhi shabeel bulbul badan."

"He looked up at the approaching cheetah and new it would kill him. But somehow he wasn't afraid. He had faced death many times before. He took a deep breath and begun to study the snarling big cat. Ten times faster than a man and twice as heavy, it would be impossible to stop, he thought. Though he was Somalia's most famous hunter, he knew he could not handle this animal's blinding speed. Rivulets of sweat begun to drip down Xaaji sanco badane's face, like a fountain of fat beads and he put a strong grip on his labo geesley. Though short, it was a fine blade that he had inherited from his father. The cheetah watched with eyes that looked like smoldering fire when suddenly it attacked.Xaaji sanco badane quickly stepped aside and then backed for five successive strides and stood with his blade pointed straight at the animal, ready to thrust. His heart hammered in his chest and he felt heavy footed and gawky in comparison to this fast beast that appeared suddenly from no where in the bush. The cheetah lunged again. This time when it came, it was with such an explosion of speed that Xaaji sanco badane was almost caught transfixed. In two short steps, it went from stationary to explosive power and leaped straight at him. Xaaji sanco badane did not have enough time to use his blade, so he threw himself to one side and even so he was still too slow. The torso of the beast caught him and sent him crushing down hard on the ground. He got a glance of the cheetah landing and turning at such an astounding speed before it was on him again. Two strong jaws bit down on his left elbow and he cried out in pain as skin, flesh, bone and blood vessels were torn into. He brought his right arm forward, thrusting the blade into the striped chest as he went over backwards. They rolled back together and Xaaji sanco badane felt thumping blows as the cat's lower paws cut into his lower body. He felt the bones and ligaments in his arms grind and the rear limbs of the cheetah kept up their devastation, hammering him on the ground. The animals breath was pungent as he shoved his blade again and again. Xaaji sanco badane hung on, as his arm got gnawed, tears of excruciating pain filling his eyes. The sharp blade kept on stabbing and stabbing, lost in the short and dense fur. He felt new pain in his legs as the beast clawed his legs to tatters. He pulled his blade out of the animal's chest and plunged it hard into its throat. Xaaji sanco badane screamed as fetid blood whooshed into his face, blinding him instantly. He felt death creeping in, but he kept working the blade even deeper, poking hard and back and forth, when suddenly the creature slumped dead, its weight impaling him to the ground. Xaaji sanco badane was lost in a world of hurt, and he begun to think about his wives and ten children, and then he fainted.

Several hours had passed that day, when Xaaji sanco badane was finally found in the bush looking like a half eaten piece of carrion by a traveling family..."

nuune   

^^ 51 words for Kamvi yaa Gheele, it would have being 52 had Adam counted la'eg as 2.

PS: How is mine ONLY 25, anaaba ka tiriyey 51 before posting it

Kool_Kat   

^I think the other 26 words iney abeesada cuntay? :D

Adam, I thought as long as it doesn't go over the maximum words allowed, it was a go?