Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

East Africa travellers

Malika   

Emperor,

Ilala brings back memories,lol..used to come and visit some relatives there..I grew up in East Upanga near Agakhan Hospital...Dar is booming now,there is so much to do,places to go...it has transformed alot.

Originally posted by Emperor:

... Arusha is TZ but then again could be a share between the two countries, it is not from Nairobi, only few hours away driving and while there was no strict border line crossing to the other side, Of course Im talking about the old good days and I don't know now how things have changed...

To correct you,Arusha is 3-4hours drive from Nairobi and its in Tanzania while Namanga is the town shared by Tz and kenya. Now they have tried to change the whole crossline area have proper buildings built though compared to the 1st world still shabby and local.

Haneefah   

Originally posted by Paragon:

Lol, I sound like I am an employee of Kenya's tourism ministry

You do...you should consider a career in tourism walal, because I think you've just managed to sell the idea of visiting that part of the world to some who've perhaps never considered it before. Where's Malindi again? LoL.

I actually could've had the chance of doing a health related internship with the IOM in Mombasa this summer but decided not to pursue it because I've never been to Kenya and its surroundings, don't know anybody there either, and quite truthfully, I've always been somewhat apprehensive about going there much less working there. I did however always wish to visit Tanzania. Maybe one day waan isku wada mari doonaa, Insha'Allah.

Enjoy your vacation walal (I'm sure you already have smile.gif ), and please get us more pictures if possible, esp of the resorts and maybe the Arab influenced architecture that I've heard of?

Salaam

I have lived in Daresalaam to be precise Buguruni district...I do with all my heart advise against that foresaken xaafad...Karoake was ok...Temeke am not so sure...The Aga khan Hospital area was cool...

I used to go to this mosque, which a really good Egyptian Imam, can't remember the location, I think it was near the Aga Khan.

Cheers

[QB]

Originally posted by Paragon:

Lol, I sound like I am an employee of Kenya's tourism ministry

You riding high adeer, Good times is yours!Enjoy your holidays,and how with all honesty congested east london fairs against malindi?

Malika   

Zu, I know the mosques...lol,its just opposite our street,just few blocks away from the main Aga Khan temple or mosque on Malik road.What were you doing all the way from Buguruni,coming to pray in Upanga?

Kariakoo , has changed drastically with high raising blocks erupting every where..mainly buildt by Arabs and Somalis.I had only been once to Temeke my whole life in Dar es salaam,Buguruni was near Ilala so mahaa?

^^^ Yeah, You are right; I used to come to Upanga for the Friday Prayers, the Egyptian khateeb was good. Buguruni was near Ilala...I remember there was a big hotal owned by a Somali dude that was famous around the area.

lool@our street.... smile.gif ..may be you used to see all the farax's walking to Friday prayers passing infront of your house eh?

Cheers

Cheers

Emperor   

^Buguruni? Do I know you dude? What year was that? I lived there for almost a decade, from early to late nineties... Yes I know that Hotel and the Petrol station owned by a Somali businessman...

Munira I guess you too sound familiar, you never been to Temeke, why not? It was a nice place, just the begining thou don't go inside or further towards Mbagala, I used to go to that Egyptian school Al azhar in Temeke at some point during my early arrival to TZ... near the national Stadium - If you bring this so must Simba and Yanga come to mind... :D

It has been a while, now I forgot all the names of the streets and my little hiding corners, I shall pay a visit to Dar soon...

Paragon   

Faarax, no its outside Mombasa. Call you recall where this Mosque is situated? :D

Faarax, no its outside Mombasa. Call you recall where this Mosque is situated? :D

534629542_dab5c5ede5.jpg

For Northerner, click here smile.gif

Munira, yeah. Actually there are alot of TZdis in Mombasa. Mombasa is the second home of Tanzanians- only abit prettier.

Emperor, Munira and LOZ...seems I have reminded you of good old days (for LOZ of qoxootinimo smile.gif ).

Haneefa iyo Sharmarke lol. Well, what do you know, might just get myself a job with the tourism board over here.

PS: Haven't posted much these last days 'cos there is a Mungiki hunt. I had to flee inside Easleigh when suspected Mungiki escaped from Mathare and were being chased through the 9th St. Somali ileen waa fuley (including me :D ) ...kabtey meedey ayaa ka dacdey. Even few hours ago the gun shots could be heard not far from where I am staying. This is why I don't like Nairobi. Plus, it is election time and in order to get votes, it has been suggested the government is 'literally' killing Mungiki sect members. The president said the members would be killed- no needs for courts.

Munira, yeah. Actually there are alot of TZdis in Mombasa. Mombasa is the second home of Tanzanians- only abit prettier.

Emperor, Munira and LOZ...seems I have reminded you of good old days (for LOZ of qoxootinimo smile.gif ).

Haneefa iyo Sharmarke lol. Well, what do you know, might just get myself a job with the tourism board over here.

PS: Haven't posted much these last days 'cos there is a Mungiki hunt. I had to flee inside Easleigh when suspected Mungiki escaped from Mathare and were being chased through the 9th St. Somali ileen waa fuley (including me :D ) ...kabtey meedey ayaa ka dacdey. Even few hours ago the gun shots could be heard not far from where I am staying. This is why I don't like Nairobi. Plus, it is election time and in order to get votes, it has been suggested the government is 'literally' killing Mungiki sect members. The president said the members would be killed- no needs for courts.

Emperor   

^Good to see you back Paragon, Keep safe and stay away from the guns, If you were spared from the gunshots of Beckton and Brixton in South LOndon, Im sure you don't wanna taste it in Eastleight, ooh perhaps you do, how do I know anyway :D

When are you going back to Mombasa, do inform us and report back especially the housing and real states, how is it in Nairobi? booming and expensive I heard... Give us some inside info's

Paragon   

^^Lol. Yup. I cannot have myself is Eastleigh dhiiqoleey. Sxb I am back to Mombasa around the tenth and would stay there briefly Insha-Allah. I kinda like the road between Mombasa and Nairobi so I will frequent Mombasa. Emperor, NBI's real estate is over-rate I tell you. Xaafado like California are popping up everywhere. Expensively built by Diaspora Somalis, the race for real estate is making the local far from ever buying a house here. But Mombasa's real estate is so far good. Somali crazy buying hasn't hit it yet. Possibly because all business is concentrated in NBI. Insha-Allah will give you insider info when I get back to MSA, Insha-Allah.

This is somewhere near Voi:

534629536_a9a05fb9a6.jpg

Baobab tree.

Fuleey Xaar Majaani alaylee :D

So the first picture was where in Mombasa? It must be Marekani or Bombululu or Bamburi,its got to be up the island yaa Paragon!

The Second Picture is also in Mombasa? The Mosque looks like the one in Mckinnnon :confused:

Viking,Saidia icon_razz.gif

Edit: Those must be the Famous Taita hills Paragon? The Baobab tree is so obvious,You need to go on a Safari in Taita Tavveta or Voi...Nice resort town yeah?

^^'Adiguba caqlaad leedahaye carar maxaa dhaama' baa ka dhacday walle Faaraxow :D .

Paragon, Nairobi lagama maarmo.Sinnaba loogama maarmo. Soomaaliduna xabbadoo dhacaysay ku caana maalaan. Raggeedii. Salaamaat adeer.

Paragon   

^^Xiin. Aleylehe waa runtaa. Balse anigu ninyow waa ka deyriyey meesha. Waan iska calool xumaadaa markaan arko dumar indho-shareeran, ilmana xambaarsan oo baryeysanaya. Xalool cumo wallee.

Faarax, Lol@fuley. Hadaan aniga isku nixin yaa ii nixi eeboow. No the second picture is 'Mtito Andei' while the first picture is mariekani :D . Adeer dhulkii baan u socdaa. That is where I am looking forward to. Would go as far as Liboi insha-Allah. Markaasaan sawiro qiimo leh soo qaadi doonaa. Waa waxaan u imiba Kenya smile.gif .