Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

East Africa travellers

Paragon   

Lol@East Africa Travellers.

Northerner,

Since I am in Mombasa now, which is as usual, beautiful and classy, I might provide alittle info and pics of the city and overall Kenya (to the places I will be travelling to).

Note on the side: former reer Utanga, Majengo boys among us can recognize that Mombasa is wonderful place and really enjoyed everything among the city. Seen many fellow Londoners (moving families and starting businesses here) and they seem really content.

Insha-Allah, will post some pics of Mombasa(in Ganjoni and Bondeni for the time being- Maybe also Bamburi) and Nairobi.

Viking   

Paragon,

No wonder you were out of range! While you are in Mombasa, go to the Lighthouse (shukaansi), Mamba Village (eat some crocs) and don't forget to visit Fort Jesus for a bit of history and see what the Portuguese did. After that, go for a walk on the white sandy beaches of the north coast.

N.O.R.F   

Paragon

I see you are enjoying a trip. I have a friend heading there for business in July who keeps telling me to visit while i'm in SL. I have another friend who is going there for pleasure :D .

Do enjoy and post pics as i've never seen any pics of Mombasa.

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Sharmarkee:

Where in the world is Laas Geel?, I heard Laas Ciidle, I heard Laas dhuure,Laas Caanood too, but never Laas Geel.

Here's one bloger's visit to the site.

me_%26_holy_cow.jpg

web page

Ms DD   

Salaam

Do you guys have any other historic pictures of the country?

It is breathtaking.

PS..Can anyone go and see these areas safely? Do you have to be from Somaliland to see it? Do you need documents? I would love to go and see it this year.

Ms DD   

^^ Do you think that is a real picture? I didnt think so. The pictures on the first page seem genuine though.

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Ms Dhucdhuc & Dheylo:

^^ Do you think that is a real picture? I didnt think so. The pictures on the first page seem genuine though.

Are you related to Nayruus and ME? smile.gif

Paragon

You lucky B.

Originally posted by AYOUB:

quote:Originally posted by Sharmarkee:

Where in the world is Laas Geel?, I heard Laas Ciidle, I heard Laas dhuure,Laas Caanood too, but never Laas Geel.

Here's one bloger's visit to the site.

me_%26_holy_cow.jpg

Awow Ayoub,

Its near to Ceel dhanaan, our camel's water hole. but thanks anyway for the picture. indeed it could be a money spining tourist attraction. I think there should be others also but we dont know - it needs a major exploration.