Sign in to follow this  
RaMpAgE

What would you change?

RaMpAgE   

Imagine somalia was peaceful and you had the power to change things, wether culturally, economically, archtiturally, any other random thing. What would you change,or would like to see changed.

For me it would be;

1) Change the somali alphabet, to either an indigenous or arabic script. Seriously somali in latin looks out of place, too many "aa''s and "oo"'s, its just messy.

2) Introduce a standardise system of architure, seriously some of the architure, especially the houses look disorganised with all the different styles and colours.

3) Change the somali shilling. Come on seriously, thats a legacy of colonialism. We need to get our own currency.

4) Introduce proper town planning. Seriously some somali towns and cities, look like if they have been layed out by a blind man, or arranged by a tornado.

5) Change the name of our soccer/football team, come on, Ocean stars? seriously thats a G-Y name. I bet other teams must be laughing at us. THE MIGHTY OCEAN STARS lol

More to come...

UZTAAD   

I would change these things

1. the mind set of somalis; I would deleate all forms of clanism and triblism and replace it with patriotism and love of their country

as far as your list is corcerned I think No 4 is the most urgent one all the mojor somali town are in mess no roads no proper town planing.

RaMpAgE   

Hatu: Getting rid of tribalism will take generations and generation. Its not really tribalism but how people use. The best way to get rid of it is to educate the people, and ban talk of tribalism in public areas. Kinda like to stigmatise it.

Uztaad: Yeah we need town planners seriously. I don't think people actaully think about it when their bulding their houses or business.

Che: So you believe nothing needs changing in somalia?

UZTAAD   

The reason of lack of town planning in Somalia is that when the government collapsed waves of nomads come to cities without any government to manage their settlement they started land grapping and building houses without any kind of town planning.

I town You will see big and beautiful houses which is difficult access due to lack of roads or too narrow to travel by a car.

Cowke   

I would like to see somalia archaelogical sites listed as heritage buildings and protected by the government.

I would like to see tourism of the coastal areas, hotels, camel-treks, jungle-treks, scuba diving, etc.

I would definitely like to see more roads. Especially in the remote areas and mass literacy and health programs to bring people back to life.

Thats a few i can think of.

RaMpAgE   

I think one thing we havn't done in somalia is excavate our historical sites,and from what i heard theirs plenty of them. Imagine how much knowledge we can gain from past, from the ancient egyptians,phoenicans , to the greeks and romans,early islamic period to the ajuuran empire, mogadishu sultanat, and early modern sultanats in northern somalia.

Seriously somalia is full of historical sites waiting to be excavated.

UZTAAD   

I would stop the depletion of environment by banning of charcoal trade, help conservation of wild life.

I would stop the exploding population of Somalia by encouraging family planning and birth control. Somalia is said to have one of the highest birth rate after Yemen.

I would create jobs for the unemployed people there.

I would build schools, colleges and hospital in every city.

Improve infrastructure

Perhaps the with list is too long but I will stop there

1- Take Somalia out of the Arab league.

2- Introduce Shoot on spot policy on anyone cought with bililiqo.

3- Introduce welfare system. somalis love this easy money.

4- Introduce a government with only 5 ministes (Intirior, Health&Education, Finance, Foriegn, and Diffence),no bulsh!t ministerial such as (Wasiirka Duurjoogta, Wasiirka Jaaliyadaha, Wasiirka Mukulaalaha).

5- Force every somali to eat fish at least 3 times a day. this camel meat is what is diroying our brains. :D

RaMpAgE   

Moonlight, whiles i don't agree with alot of your political views, i must say, i agree with all of your list.

I think we have to put a limit on the amount of hilib geel somalis eat, their missing out on seafood seriously.

I also wouldn't mind getting rid of whole political system of having a president etc etc.