Sign in to follow this  
stpaulchick

Opinion on London

NoVa   

-Be careful . not many somali londeners have a driver's license or car insurance. Get an extra cover before you come!

lool...stop scaring the girl like that :D

War entrepreneur yaa qabsadoo?? hedhee dadkaa islameed dhagaha beenta ha oga shuubin!

StpaulChick...walashiis london is a wonderful place to visit (disregard Mr E’s bitter talk...he just doesn’t have a bassabore to leave Nairobi yet...waa iska envious icon_razz.gif ) on the level dee come and form ur own opinion sxbtiis and have a blast while ur at it...hope u make the most of this opportunity and visit some of the mosques our beloved mujahid mentioned above..

There's no place like home, god BLESS SOMALIA

That's okay Nova no somali person in any country has insurance for any type of coverage.lol :)And thnx Infatua, I'll make sure to have fun and make the best of it. I'll definitely try to go to the mosques mentioned earlier.

ZOLA   

I HAVE BEEN HEARING LOTS OF MIXED RUMORS ABOUT LONDON..MOST OF THEM BEEN NEGATIVE..I HAVE HAD SOME COUSINS TELL ME "TIKIT HA ISKAGA KHASAARIN"...AND OTHERS WHO LIKED THE PLACE..

LOL@ENTERP...U HAD ME CRACKING UP SXB.. I HEAR THE PLACE HAS SPACE ISSUES.. ... AM GONNA HAVE TO SEE IT FOR MYSELF WHEN I VISIT NEXT YR INSHA-ALLAH...LONDON IS #1 ON MY LIST..SO I HOPE U LONDON NOMADS INAAD ISOO DHAWEEYSAAN smile.gif .

ST.PAULCHICK..BAL ADIGA INOO SOO INDHA INDHEE AND GIVE US A FEEDBACK SXB... smile.gifsmile.gif

A.A

N.O.R.F   

1 piece of advice, just dont get on the underground at rush and in the heat of summer!!! U will be sweating buckets!!!!!!

Coloow   

check the article "mr. Murungi" to get more details of london life

Infatua LOL. Dadka london jooga safarba ma aadaan! Londoners have more BUUGAG (CEYR) than passport. adiga ma london baad joogtaa? meeshasi maxaa ku dhigay?

Malaika,

Meel baastaasi maxaad ka soo raadini? Maad afrika iska aadid iyadaa la qataa? At least waay hawo fiicantahay afrika. :mad:

Kolleey anigu london waan ka qaxay!

Mideeda kale meesha london lagu sheego oo aay somalidu degto maba aha london. waa sida xamar iyo xamar daye!

You are right, there is space problem. There is scarcity everywhere, in everything! It is a weird city...left handdrive, dadkeedana waay fool xunyihiin!

Sida kaliya ah oo loogu nabad gali karo waa laba mijimood oo qaad ah...that would at least keep you seeing much...casuumaad ayuu la socdaa qaadka.

Aniga waxaan u soo socdaa xagaa iyo cara waqooyi ameriika. waxaan maqlay meeshu waa meel isku dhaceeyso ee bal iiga soo waran!

St.paulchick, welcome to london and make sure you have a diary to record your experience so that you could share with us on return. but be careful it could be stolen! smile.gif

ENTREPRENEUR......YOU IS THE MOST ENVIOUS MALI I HAVE EVER HAD THE MISFORTUNE OF READING. WE KNOW INAADAN QAXIN, YOU WERE ACTUALLY DEPORTED ON ONE OF THE CARGO SHIPS THAT LEAVES DOVER ON A DAILY BASIS HEADING TO "BEYOND THE BLUES". STAY THERE NO BODY WANTS YOU IN LONDON. AS 4 CAYR....WE KNOW WHAT ENTREPRENEUR WAS ENTERPRISING IN WHILE IN LONDON...YES, MY FELLOW FORUMERS, HE WAS BUYING AND SELLING CAYR BOOKS ON THE BLUE MARKET! HAHAHAHAHAHA! NO-WONDER UR ASS WAS DEPORTED! AS FOR UGLY I DON'T KNOW THE STANDARD LOOKS OF YOUR PEERS IN "THE BLUE YONDER" BUT LONDON HAS ITS FAIR SHARE OF BEAUTIFUL PPL.

JELUUSIYA MALUUSIYA WAR TAG WARYAA!

STPAULCHICK:...... I WILL PM U WITH DETAILS OF ALL THE HIP PLACES TO GO..CLUBS..RESTUARANTS..MUSEUMS..ETC

Coloow   

Ballbreaker, you really made me laugh! I have not laughed this way since my arrival in london in the late eighties as a young man who thought london lived upto its name! By then, there were few somalis in the east end (WAAYT JABEL; ALDHGEEYT AND ABTON BAARK).

No wonder somalis in london use MAli to refer to themselves! It is the ghetto capital of the world.....

I am assuming that you have not left london to explore other places. Once you do, you will realise that Lagos, nairobi, xamar, beledxaawo, bardhere, Galkacyo , Hargeisa and borame are better towns.

You live in the misfortune capital of the world sis, so, I guess you have met many misfortunate somalis!

lambda   

Hi stpaulgirl sorry i cant call u chick!

London is really nice i was there last month for the first time and i will probably move to London to continue my Studies .

London is like Toronto without theSkyline and CN Tower you have chinatown,jamaicans ,our people and a lot of Hindus.

I hope you like it have a nice trip.

Thnx for the reply's and if Lambda says it's just like Toronto, i'll sure'll like it then. I just really want to have fun and not come back to the states feeling that I just had the worst time, 'cause met many people who said that it's not the "greatest city". So I was having doubts that people where telling the truth. But thnx ya'll and I'll surely reply after I go and Entrepeneur I will keep a diary and don't worry I'm an American I'll make sure I won't get it stolen.lol smile.gif

VisiT   

London is a big and very populated city. A big metropolitan city. So it may freak fellows from small cities like toronto or mineapolis. They just cant cope with it and so they always complain about london. For those people who have gotten used to living in london, no where else will be the same.

Visit..i totally agree with you..London takes a lot of getting used to..u can’t expect to come and like it within a few days..that’s like me having to adjust my lifestyle with the internet...simply IMPOSSIBLE..it’s a gradual thing

Loool.Entrepreneur..wallahi u got me cracking up behind my 24’’ screeen (telefision baa moodaa)..but that’s besides the point..Adiga ma home officekii ba ku so ceyriyee? FULL refugee status ma lugu diidey?? If so that’s no reason to be BITTER...anbaa wa la ii so ceyriyeey..sagal sagal ba albaabka la iga so tuurey..u don’t see me complaining (god bless my other 4 sharciis, my 2 other cyer buugs, and u know how I got my spanking new car right :D ?)

Lady   

OMG lol

ppl come,on now, why are you guys muderring our beatifull City like that?

Let me tell you ppl about this City, London is the only City in Europe that overs...best Musiums,Parks,Cinems,Restraunts,Cafes,Sport centers..you name it you can get it...

*London is where the History and Modern meets

*London is the City that never sleeps

*London is most exciting City in europe if not the world-

*London the City that have most fabulous shoping centers

*London where the West meets the East...You can find almost every nationality their culture and food..basicly when you are in London you are in almost Every country on this Planet..you name it you can find London..I can gruantee you ..you will never ever feel bored in London....

some tips for tourist for first day.

~Buy (A to Z) map..so you will know where is where.

~Buy what is on London magazine..to check out what is on all that Week...

~Buy one day travell card so you can use both Buses & Tubes..or even better get a mini-Cab...don,t waste your time Taxi..as they are too expencive specially traffic hours..

Yo don,t forget to visit.. History Musium & science Musium..they r next to each other and both FREE...the experinece is amzing..hope u like it..

Blessed   

Originally posted by Entrepreneur:

London, magac dheeraa oo xumaa!

London is not as good a place as it sounds: It is comparable to any third world metropolitan (Abidjan, Nairobi). Coming from a developed part of the world to London would certainly be an experience and I wish you good luck:

Here are a few survival tips:

-Make sure you say sir, madam, mate, etc everytime, everywhere. They love "morning sir, morning madam, mate etc).

- Make sure every sentence you say contains the word thanks (it must be the only place on earth where you even say thank you when being wronged , robbed.

-Make sure you take shower/bathe before you come because water seems to be scarse. I don't get the rationale of having two taps (hot and warm)everywhere! be careful, you might burn a body part in the process of having the right mix of warm and cold water.

-Make sure you have your visa card in a safe place because things taken for granted in many parts of the world could lead to robbery. (opening an account, carrying a visa card etc is a thing for the privledged in her majesty's country)

-Make sure that you give yourself a 4 hours margin of error when you want to meet someone (transportation is better on donkeys than buses)

-Make sure to bring sleeping tablets. most somalis don't go to bed until 3 am......

-make sure you can cook and can use boilers, cookers etc. because most of your hostess would be asleep by breakfast and lunch time.

-make sure you go to southall , wembely and upton park and pay a visit to the somali restaurants (make sure you got a TBC, hepatices) vaccinations before you visit the restaurant.

-Be careful . not many somali londeners have a driver's license or car insurance. Get an extra cover before you come!

Misinforamtion of the centuary. Expect a Court order from me mate :mad: :mad: