Sign in to follow this  
stpaulchick

Opinion on London

shyhem   

I have neva been to london but this what i heard

Freeways are actually called motorways and there are nothing compared to 94 and 494 interstate freeways.poor planing is the keyword here

During the winter u'r host won't mind freezing u to death,the reason been folks over there use prepaid cards to heat their homes hence the need to turn off the heat every one or two hours to save some bucks.

Expect pessimist folks in large numbers,the british lack the american optimism u're familiar with.Very conservative pple unless they have abeer or two and in that case they turn out to be hooligans.

Humour is in short supply over there.Again lack of sense of humour is a common thing.why do u think mr bean is such a hit with them,imagine mr bean as u'r favourite comedy.

WHen u take the train,make sure u carry a magazine with you.u see in st paul if u take the bus U can have a conversation with anyone,in most cases its the americans who will ask u "hey what do u think of that baseball saga {say it ain't sosa]headline or who do u think is gonna win the Nba.U can't say that about the british.I heard that passengers in the train are so quite u can actually hear u'r heart beat and most of them i heard keep themselves busy by burying 'em heads on the newspaper but once in awhile u will see this or that guy looking at u through the corner his eye while pretending to be reading his newspaper.

Don't even think about renting a car or driving.It aint worth it.If u thought gas @$1.56 a gallon was expensive then i suggest u try what the british call a liter for almost $3.00.U won't believe how fast u will run out of gas. and how hectic the so called roundabouts are and the unecessary uncontrolled traffic jams.

Space is a huge problem.What do u expect from a tiny island with a population of 59 million pple and another 59 million in nearby France.Narrow streets and dark alley is a common thing and house thats remind you of slums in brazil or kenya.

Be prepare for the Garlic smell and tanduri chicken and awhole lot of spice.Some of the neighbourhoods are more like new delhi or Karachi coz they got alot of asian over there concentrated over two zipcodes.

Favourite food i heard is fish and chips.Tea is preffered over coffee.chips is french fries and what they call crisps is what u will call chips.

In general i will say london is not a bad place to visit and diversity is not aproblem.Worth the ticket price ;)

Lady   

Originally posted by Shyhem:

I have neva been to london but this what i heard

WHen u take the train,make sure u carry a magazine with you.u see in st paul if u take the bus U can have a conversation with anyone,in most cases its the americans who will ask u "hey what do u think of that baseball saga {say it ain't sosa]headline or who do u think is gonna win the Nba.U can't say that about the british.I heard that passengers in the train are so quite u can actually hear u'r heart beat and most of them i heard keep themselves busy by burying 'em heads on the newspaper but once in awhile u will see this or that guy looking at u through the corner his eye while pretending to be reading his newspaper.

shyhem smile.gif

That is only the truth I heard about London so far ..Ye it is so True..we are not like those loud Yankees..lol..You have to act like deaf and blind during your train journey..you can,t even cough! lol..every one looking at you if they heard you breathing much..BUT apart from that this City Rockz...I love L-O-N-D-O-N :cool:

Btw..having said that I am moving end of this year YankeeLand and I am really worry all this horor stories about ppl dying on the streets :(

~I heard that every one have a GUN so I got get one when I go there..scaryyyyy

~I also heard that ppl can hardly pay their rent..I mean there is no goverment houses..so Somalis there Living (Ten in One) One room every ten ppl redface.gif

~How about all those horor stories of racism and KKK,Redneck groups..

About what I heard US is worest place to be...so guys Hands OFF London.

LOL..Shyhem that was funny. Then I guess u suggest not to take the trains without a magazine or headphones. lol...494 and 94. I hope when u said that they don't compare to these highways u mean their not as jammed up...statistics say that Twin Cities highways is the 3rd busiest highway in the US. And I better not tell any jokes before they start throwing English muffins at me for being a stupid American. But thnx for the advice. smile.gif