Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

Mahadnaq! - My Gratitude

Illaah baa weyn oo waaxid, oo mahad leh - Nebi Maxamedna nabadda iyo naxriista Alle korkiisa ha ahaatee

Waxaan jeclahay in aan halkaan uga mahadceliyo akhyaarta 'SOL'ee sharafta leh. Dadka aan halkaan uga mahadcelinaayo waa dad damiir leh oo wax qabad ula daddanaan dadkooda. Barako iyo khayrn Illaah haydiin ku bedelo/ka aqbalo dadaalkiina. Dadka aan ammaanayo waxaay kala yihiin:

Baraf

Nahenda

Paragon

Ibtisaam

Sheherezaade

Brofosoore Geel Jire - aka Fabregas

and one Special silent reader - you know who you are!.

The above people and many more have really gone beyond the duty of call and step up to the mark and helped their fellow somalis (specialy me) and i am grateful to them. let it not be said that somalis are helpless lot! - You are example to others and may you continue to be.

A Thousand Thank Yous' and more - your help, dedication and effort are most appreciated - May Allah (swt) substitute your deeds with his blessing and benefits. You really all are gems to be proud of. Shukran Jazziilan & Jazzakala Khayr.

P.S Thanks also goes to the people who put together and manage this wonderful site - A thousand thank yous to you lot too. Please keep up the excellent work that you are doing. The best Somali Site on the World Wide Web - without doubt.

OH The event - No that is

ON: Wednesday 1st of July 2009

Where: Lambeth Academy

What: Somali Achievement Awards Ceremony - The Top 20 Somali Studenst (10 Primary - 10 Secondary) will be awarded with glass plaque and $100, which well be sent to a named family member in Somalia or sourronding countries on their behalf b somali xawaalas

Sponsored by: Qaran Express & Dahabshiil - Thanks also goes to them.

Time: 4pm -7pm

There will be enteratainment; poetry & traditional dancers, Mo Farah and Somali Food provided by Blue Ocean.

The above people would also be honoured on the day.

Originally posted by Sayid*Somal:

The above people would also be honoured on the day.

Can you be a little more specific sayid? What are the regular SOL resident trollers going to be honoured for?

Always nice to see people taking the initiative and helping their community. All the best with the event! I might turn up Inshallah.

^^^because they are honourable Somalis! - They have volunteered to mentor young somalis in our schools, helped me personally with so many thingss; information, advice and even helped me do some of my work better.

if remember correctly i wrote to you several times on that Somali students society at QMU - you came back to me with promises of help to no avail upto now. It is OK thought - i know your heart is in the right place.

these people are definitely honourable lot among us plus many who are not members of this site.

AWWWWWWWW. HOW DID I MISS THIS? LoooL. You are welcome, Sayid. And well done to you for the all the expected and above and beyond stuff. You genuinely care about Somalis(kids in particular)and it shows.

Yes, yes, SOL has to be thanked too. A lot happens as a result of it. Some obvious, others hidden but still valuable.

Ms DD   

Originally posted by Ms DD:

Why am i left out in that list? when I was personally sending Sheh on her way to you Sayid?

No, no, dont thank me. Allah aan ka sugaa.

But well done to all.

Sayid,

This is the Email you sent to me on the Wed, 30 Jul 2008 16:37:12

Dear Mr ****

I hope this email address is manned during holidays. If it is so, I would be most appreciative if whomsoever reading this were to contact me on the details re recruiting Somali undergraduates mentors for local mainstream schools.

Many thanks in advance for your anticipated help.

-------------------- --

My Response:

Saalam *****

Apologies for the late reply. I will try to organise a meeting when the term starts.

Let me know more about the project and whats involved.

Thanks

Salam.

You never got back to me Sayid. I was actually interested in your mentoring project. My heart was in the right place but I would have really helped with the project but you didnt reply back, yet you say on a public forum that:

''if [you] remember correctly i wrote to you several times on that Somali students society at QMU - you came back to me with promises of help to no avail upto now. It is OK thought - i know your heart is in the right place''.

That not what happened sxb! At least try to tell the true. Making me look bad in public is not necessary. I am not the usual opportunisitic Somali. If I said I will help then I would have helped.

Saalam

Sheh - any more help??

DD - Allah ha ku siiyo - thank you for sending her to me, she is a gem.

MARX,

You are right - i did send you that email and you replied to that email. in August i replied and then sometime time later, i send you a pm on sol - only to discover that you were banned. had you not got my email send to you in august thru the SQMU?

Anyways - as i said i know your heart is in the right place walaalo, some of the people who knew you and were on the mentoring project - were even recommending albait with caution smile.gif

Siyad, Walaalo,

I think there has been a severe miscommunication. I haven't had access to SOL PM services since July 2008, which was the same time You would have probably sent the email. This has been unfortunate punishment which has greatly hindered my communication with other members on this forum. Whatsmore, I cannot edit my profile or profile name or signature. Which I would liked to change by now.

I am not sure who recommend me to the mentoring programme but there is no need to be cautious about anything. I am a professional who gives 100% every time.

All the best sxb.

Saalam

Ms DD   

She is a gem Sayidow. But I didnt send her. Cant claim it smile.gif

Anyway InshaAllah the event will be success.