Sign in to follow this  
OG_Girl

Writing:Af-Somali for those who need to Learn?

OG_Girl   

Ok My friend and I were talking regarding Af-Somali aight so Let me give you a recap of what we discussed. We decided to stop complaining about not being able to write Af-Somali and we came up with a great idea-well to us anyway-its an easy way to learn and help each other with the language. Its like a game...Here goes:

*I will start word In somali and next person will translate it in English and put it in short sentence ( please use easy and very short sentence and use very common words not these r very local). forexample:

The word I choose is : Aqal .

next person will say like this:

Aqal= house

Sentence: Aqal keyna=our house

then the same person will choose his/her word, then next person will do same and so on...

Rules:

* please keep words and sentences as simple as u can and use the words we use in our daily communication with our somali people.

* No bad or offensive language( we all know bad words so no need to practise here).

* No jumping-Dont skip...Use the word of the poster before U, if u doint know it let others try.

* Please no need to embarrass any person , we all learning,U can correct any mistake though.

* Please feel free to make mistakes and Isha- Allah our brothers and sisters will correct U.

* If any one broke those Rules... please ignore their post and next person will start their new word

PS: Other somali speakers are most welcome to help us, correct us if its needed.

I will start:

Word :Gabar

Salam

OG_Girl   

I thought that word was Indian , I think somali is "Kibis"... any ways I am not in possesion to say right or wrong..I will use it same sentence I would use with kibis.

ROOTI = Bread

so-gad-rooti= buy bread<--I am not sure, person next to me correct if needed and answer the new one.in English sounds strange!!

Word: nin

Salam

NGONGE   

nin = man?

nin fadheya eyo nin taagan, eskomid maaha!

A sitting man and a standing man are not the same.

word: qasacad

PS

No matter how hard I try I still can't pronounce the word ROOTI in the somali way :(

OG Moti   

Hayaay.. Reer afqalooc baa lugadii nagu baranaya anagan odeyaasha ah.... war wey aqliyeesteen .. iney lugadii bartaan iyagoo si wanaagsan noo weydiisan bey rabaan... looooooooooool

waxey yiraahdeen Aqal iyo Gabar ma anigaan qoslin? looooooooooooooooool Bariisna kudara bal idinkaa war haya loooool

Geesinimo big word ... it is my nick name.. it means Libaax sanka taabte or in somali slang "Bravery " ...

My word is : War Anagaa Wax aragnay.. Balo

peace

Blessed   

^^ Allah, adigaa! Hadal baa laguu dhiibey, ma cajalad baad liqdey, sxb?

This is a sentence :rolleyes:

War Anagaa Wax aragnay.. Balo

War = News but I think OgMoti meant Waar - Man

Anagaa - We

Wax - Thing

Aragnay - Seen (pl)

Balo - mischeive (sorry thats they only word I can think of)

War Anagaa Wax aragnay.. Balo jeclaa OgMOti :D

New WORD:

Caano

Caano = milk

afkaagaaa Caano degaag lago qabay

what is degaag? digaag?!? as in chicken if so..

tanslation: chicken milk was stopped from your mouth..!?!

wiilka caano geel baa lagu koriyey

the boy was raised on camel milk ;)

my word: sasab

og-moti looooool walaal sidaadoo kale ayaan aniguna yaab iyo istacajib ahay, hadaba waa hagaag caruurta aan u aqoon korino.

previes word:sasab= persuade

murti: farsamo xumo futada cankeeda bay ku goysaa

hadaba waa idinkaas

asxantu

OG_Girl   

معطي معطي لاتخرب اللعبه بليز ترى اناعصبت، انا قلت كلمة مب جمله

:mad: :mad:

Ceckmate, I said " easy and very short sentence, not a phragraph!!"...plus where is ur word?

Guys please I am serious to learn somali here , please be nice to me and to my friends whom want to learn.

Thanks

** I am back to make more explaination since my self always confuse about somali latters let me add this :

C in Somali means ع .

Forexample: Abdullah= Cabdullah, Carab..etc

X in somali means ح .

Forexample: Hamza= Xamza, Xamas..etc

ooh yeah is other word I really don't know how to pronounce it ..D+H=DH... example ... i can't think one ...please help!!

Curly   

I got lost at qasacad from NGONGE!

I'm hopeless!...But I know caano.

OG-girl luv I seriously want to learn but this isn't going to work!

OG_Girl   

sue , sister, I decided to stop complaining and do some thing to learn Somali, I came out this Idea, if you have better idea please tell us...plus if we don't try how we can learn ? Believe me is not as hard as I thought, my cousin teaching me now , she is not that good either but I need to practice ... we say in Arabic " Neccessety is the mother of invantion".. means as long we want to learn we can always think way to do it...let us make mistakes...we will be there. Believe me is not hard.

By the way, I did not know that "qasacad" so i waited some one answers and sister Alwayslearning explained so i learned new word tonight :D , my ayeyo said is : dasad..lol

so you may not know qasacad and know dasad .

Hope I helped you now.

Salam

LOOOOOL@ Ngonge..degaag??you must be a joker..that was funny though

checkmate that is a long sentence man. but let me try..i believe something like.. doing something carelessly does hurt you at the end ..there may be others who can translate it better but that is a quick shot of how i understood it. it looks like a proverb. okey let me help Og girl

very simple ones and of course WORDS. I am the kitchen lady

Saxan

Malqacad/qaado

mindi

fargeeto

baaquli

digsi

tarmuus

findhicil

daqiiq/bur

Intel   

ok OG-girl