Sign in to follow this  
Kool_Kat

C'mon!!!

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

Well there is this person I know, when in restaurants, she always orders SALMON...When the waiter comes, she'll be like 'yes i will have ee theeee saliman'...WHAT!!! And usually the waiter will be like, pardon...She'll then point to the menu and say 'yaa this one'...

Another example, 'take a shower aan qaadanaa'...WHAT!!!

Saliman? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! umm..Qaxxqaaxqax wheeeew! That was good. Saleebaan lee ma iska dhahaanoo.

L0L@Take a shower :D:D . Aniga waxaan jeclahay when they say: Happy new year party aan u socdaa. Happy intee u socotaa? LOOOL or cunugayga Happy birthday giisa waaye kkkkkkkkkkk.

Now seriously KK, you should get this Somali CD I have in my car, it has a picture of naag faras saaran on the cover. Hees waxa ku jirto saan dhahaayo: Af qalaad aqooontu miyaa..maya maya :D .

Dambi socdo aa tahay. Stop making fun of masaakiinta.

waah waah waxaasaa maah maah lagaa dhaha

LOL@waah waah", waad aqrisay waxa aan maanta kuu qoray soo maaha? You noticed that I murdered your "wah" in every other sentence.

Shaqo waxaan eheen majirto, shaqo and more shaqo na mean.

Nuune aa ayaa mahaan professor ii eh, he says I am his top student , he wants me to master in our language, will see. I am using the lingo to better communicate with my comrata che, para fomentar nuestra causa. If you wondering what the cause is, is the Shake cause, hehehe.

PS:

Uf, this thread wreaks of self-righteousness

Mukulaashaan oo fleas-ka qabto intee kaaga soo gashay@KK?

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by LayZieGirl:

quote:Uf, this thread wreaks of self-righteousness

Mukulaashaan oo fleas-ka qabto intee kaaga soo gashay@KK?
Yaakuu sheegaa hee, ayaamahaan dadka KK laqabsado waa iska siibadanooyaan...Like I said b4, I don't mind - I got nothing but love for them too... :D

Saliman? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Nephthys, LO' miyaa, LO'...Maxaawaaye qosolka noocan eh...BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAH...Waxaaba ixasuusisay koo Cali Baac la dhihijiray oo xaafada Ayeeydeey daganaa, Waabari...Saas camal uu u qosli jiray...Toloow intuu ku dambeeyay? (never mind, that's me thinkin out loud)

Alla waxaan kaloo iloobay, too isku building ahaan jirnay used to say "Maanta caruurta Humberger King aa geeyay"...Since when uu Burger King magaciisa HUM ku darsadeen...It is one thing to say "BUGURKING" but totally a different thing to call it "HUMBERGER KING"...Wah...

Kool_Kat   

^Sakiinteyda jeebkaan kuwataa!!! :D

No, reer waabari ma eheen, Ayeeydey aa daganeed...Lakiin kamba bixijirin...Hee maxaa adi maa reer Waabari eheed?

The Zack   

I wonder what kind of English you spoke when u first came to the West.I don't care how old you were at that time lol. Alla maxaa dadkugu qoslay malaa. You probably once said "Bugurking".

Baluug   

A few examples of the Somali accent that crack me up:

The number 6- sigis

Milk- milik

The number 12- tu-alif

One of my favourites, there is a town in Alberta called Brooks that a lot of Somalis come out to work in the beef factory, and they call it "Baruukis"!! :D:D:D

Leave the Somalis with english deficiency alone peeps'

K_K waaberi waa ku dhashay, ku barbaaray, iskoolna ka dhigtay!

waxaa adi ahayd miyaa ciyaalkoo xaafadaha kale ka imaan jiray oo bacaadka laga dherjin jiray...

Cheers

Malika   

KK reminds me of my daughter,the child is too British for my liking with her policing of my English..Lol

Actually I find it applaudable when one can hold on to ones language or accents despite the pressure to assimulate and intergrate.One of those people my granny,after 80yrs in East and South Africa she still insists folks will understand her despite her using Somali words while speaking her funny and broken Swahili..Lol

-Lily-   

I for one find it quiet sweet when ppl speak in broken English, at least they are trying, and it makes me chuckle. KK, instead of giving yourself high blood pressure, you can kindly correct them icon_razz.gif .

What’s a lot worse is mixing English and Somali words, not sentences, as we’re all guilty of that. For example, call-garey, watch-garey, find-out-garey etc. Really, I fantasize about ina wajiga ka slap-gareyo.

p.s these Waberi kids sound pretty violent! Let me find out if my neighbourhood too was a gangster-heaven for Kids.

Originally posted by Cadaan:

A few examples of the Somali accent that crack me up:

The number 6- sigis

Milk- milik

The number 12- tu-alif

One of my favourites, there is a town in Alberta called Brooks that a lot of Somalis come out to work in the beef factory, and they call it "Baruukis"!!
:D:D:D

^ :D

The city of Perth in Australia is sometimes referred to as Beed. The first time I heard it, it took me a while to realise that 'reer Beed' wasn't some unheard-of sub-sub-clan known as the progeny of Egg. :D

Aaliyyah   

I think it takes longer for some to adjust than others, so KK whether it takes them 10 or 15 years to learn English, just try to correct them, or suggest that perhaps that they should take some language classes. Make sure you are sincere though sis when you say that, or they could think you are just making fun of them. Good luck.

Cadaan am amazed how you picked up Somali accent, you spend far too much time with Somalis. I tell you they are not good influence stay away from them smile.gif

Faheema.   

Originally posted by
-Lily-:

What’s a lot worse is mixing English and Somali words, not sentences, as we’re all guilty of that. For example, call-garey, watch-garey, find-out-garey etc. Really, I fantasize about ina wajiga ka slap-gareyo.

:D:D

Hunguri   

Originally posted by Northerner:

Weetabigis is a healthy breakfast cereal LoL

LoooooooooooooL wallaahi I laughed smile.gif And what about the ( screw driver ) Isku ruug darayfa smile.gif And, the Fish and Chips say what ;)

I have a headache = Madax xanuun waa haystaa

The Somali Kenyan Sujju smile.gif

Unasakiya Anjaa = Gaaja waa maqlayaa