Sign in to follow this  
Kool_Kat

C'mon!!!

quote someone: Kuwaas waxaaba ka siidaran, kuwa wadanka only 5 or 6yrs kaliya joogay oo iska dhigo iney af Somaliga iloobeen...Yaayah, ani mee sheekadaas ii keenaayaan...I HATE accentka ee isku yeelaan markey af Somali ku hadlaayaan... /quote

apparently the less proper somali you speak, the younger you get. it's a phenomenon scientists are trying to explain.

^ Ilahay baa og! Lakiin in my case the early years when ayeeyo was home whilst hooyo&aabo went to work were great.It's only when ayeeyo left the country and I started Nursery that my af Soomaali went downhill.It's alot better now due to persistent practice, more confidence because people are correcting me(not mocking me) and investing more time/interest in reading articles and listening to songs, and ofcourse SNET back in the days!Lool you NEVER forget afka hooyo, it justs takes a neglected back seat which should never be the case walle!

I dont have a problem with people's lack of speaking lakiin waxaan ka yaaba are the ones who pretend to be a different race.How many times have I seen someone telling to a ajnabi that they are some other race and not Soomaali.

A time that sticks out to me was back in High School this Somali girl joined who told all the ajnabis she was Jamaican/Irish iyo wax kale probably not knowing there was gabadh Soomaaliyeed in her new school.When I was told of this beautiful new 'mixed race' girl dee I went and introduced myself iyo waan salaamey....in Af Soomaali!Dee wey isku naxdey inaanta!Wallahi waa yaab by the time it got to the end of high school it was suddenly cool to be Soomaali(or she had no choice because our families became acquainted!)

i actually speak all somali dialects! lool check it out...! learnt them live from ojees from them places!

jbouti== huuno furnkii mee

bossasso= agaa agaa! awoowga la gub!

hargeeysa= xumbooyaheey doobigo soo tufuey

xamar= areey muhoo mihii ma ahaa!

kismayo= areero bax!

jija= war maandoow so baax

wajeer= hey matooki