Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

how blessed are you?

Ibtisam   

Count your blessings:

If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep ... you are richer than 75% of this world.

If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace ... you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.

If you woke up this morning with more health than illness ... you are more blessed than the million who will not survive this week.

If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation...you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.

If you can pray in mosque without fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death ... you are more blessed than three billion people in the world.

If your parents are still alive and still married ... you are very rare.

If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly thankful... you are blessed because the majority can, but most do not.

If you can read this, you are more blessed than over two billion people in the world that cannot read at all.

Have a good day, count your blessings smile.gif

Khalaf   

MashaAllah, MashaAllah thanks walaalshiis. All praise and thanks is to Allah the Lord of the Worlds.

Indeed we have many baraka, and we forget and let small issues bother us.

If you have Islam-you are more blessed then five billion people in the world-thats the greatest blessing-alhamduillah. Peace, and thnks sister and u have great day too.

nemo   

ibtisam, man I have hard time writing that name I always have to double check it :mad: I will get there dont worry

....anywaz sis thanks for that I am one of the blessed ones really..I know that when I look at people back at Africa but its good to remind each other...mashallah

Blessed   

I've changed my nick after reading suratAl-Rahman . No matter how bad things get, your very existence is a blessing. I can't count my blessings as it would take a very long time to, Alhamdulilah. I'm most grateful for being born with Islam.

I’ve come across people who are confused and torn up look for the truth a meaning to this life, or someone / something to guide them and to direct all their affection to. That was given to us as a birth gift – how often do we show gratitude?

Guhaad   

Originally posted by ibtisam:

If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation...you are ahead of
500 million people
in the world.

our own 7 million included. Indeed. we are all blessed

This whole thread reminds me of a verse of the quraan, whereby Allaah the glorified stated that the prophet Noah was indeed a "thankful servant"!

Maybe if we try and give more thanks and praises to our creator, then it could be possible for our prayers to be answered at last. One of the criterions of duas to be accepted is, that we praise and thank our creator for all the priceless blessings we have, instead of being greedy and wanting more.

let's pause for some time and think really hard, how fortunate we really are.

It is a virtue for a good muslim to say "Al-Hamdulilaah" (Praises be to Allaah)all the time at all periods/spells whether good or bad (calaa kuli xaal)!

We ask for forgiveness.

-Lily-   

I'm blessed beyond counting Alhamdullilah. Thanks Ibtisam, perhaps we should count our blessings more often, rather than constantly asking for more.

Hayat   

great reminder, mashallah.

another great way to remind yourself is to also (this is very good for any one that has little children, nephews, siblings to do, you can even do it yourself). list down what necessities allah has given you on one side of A-4 paper and what you have done in return for each of those blessings on the other. you will be surprised at the result and very well count your blessings.

:D indeed.

Ibtisam   

And to think i almost didn’t post this, as i thought people only read debateable and controversial posts. :D

Hayat   

ibby, don't ever be discouraged when it comes to doing soemthing for islam. it does seem intimidating at first, but if the sincerety is there, then you know that regardless of anyone replying then you still acheived something beside allah.

:D

Stop bullshiddin to ur selves, Its through the mercy of western nations that most of U are out here exercsing, democracy, free education and free held social wellfare system, If it were for ur so called religion/countries or what have U, You folks should have all been in deep holes by know truth be spoken.

But what do U know, You always have ppl in minorities speaking out of forth's sake or of obvious reasons or whatever, WTF wohooo, should U know less, its in regards to the minorties. Oh yeah once again how blessed should we be just cuase we are ina western country and God forbid didnt force us to seek refugee in this Kaafir country or what have U.........Oh please give me a break....if it werent for this country we wouldnt be here voicing our 2 cents

salaama

Khalaf   

^^^^So u thank Uncle Sam for your life, your health, your family, your materials, and the good u have? Instead of saying All praise is to Allah, you praise Uncle Sam?

Good to know brother, see how far that takes you.

US or uncle sam didn't give me nothing and never will I thank them, it is Only Allah I thank Our Lord and the Our return is to Him Alone. Check yourself, Allah has provided for you don't be unthankful slave. peace out

So lets assume its Ur allah that have assumed U to take part for this discussion yeah and have had let U through, May one seemless ask the question of who the hell on earth paid the bill on your net surfing, or was it uer allah willing action or or was it will that let ir pass it through the wire with out detection

oh how can I forget everything comes o a second in nature when it comes to religion in here...was that right!

cheers.....whats a second grade class kindergarden class