Sign in to follow this  
Saaaaqid

WHY DID WE FORGET US!

Saaaaqid   

Folks, I dont know if you noticed this, but We dont care about what is going on back our home. This guy was worried about Palastine man killed the other day, and I reminded him that 45 Somalis including children are now missing in the Sea between Somalia and Yemen. This is not the first time I saw my people being so mad about other countries issues when things are so bad in back home and no one even talks about it.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH US? WHAT IS GOING ON?

X   

Because you and me are expecting from "someone" to fix Somalia's problems, while this "someone" is expecting from us to fix Somalia's problems. There's also a third kind of Somalis who are expecting the problems to fix "itself."

The truth is very few Somalis "truly" care about Somalia and its problems. "Truly" in the sense it translates to factual changes, not cheap emotions and talks.

You and me are busy acclimatizing to life in the diaspora, our parents are developing mental problems (loneliness, solitude) and getting aged and powerless, while the warlords are getting ahead of us in managing and administering life in Somalia. You, me, our parents, relatives, friends and many Somalis aren't in the playing field of Somalia.

The warlords are in the playing field and getting very professional. We don't even have stomach to get near the playing field, let alone participate in tournaments with the warlords. How can you expect us to defeat the warlords in a soccer tournament, when you're not even thinking about getting near the playing field? Even if we participate in the tournament, the warlords are way ahead of us in experience that we won't even be able to touch the ball.

The situation is hopeless. Until you, me and other Somalis realize "we" are the only ones who can fix Somalia's problems, until we are willing to sacrifice that which is dear to us, the situation in Somalia will remain about the same, save the demise of some warlords and emergence of new faces.

I agree with you guys, I don't know why we always worry about other ppl's problem i mean i feel sorry for palestenis, but why should we care when our people are dying and getting killed on daily basis. I personally don't pay attention what is happening with other countries....

This is actually how these are still missing, real sad..

NAIROBI, 27 Aug 2003 (IRIN) - At least 30 refugees seeking a new life in Yemen are feared to have drowned after being forced to jump into the sea from a boat near the Yemeni coast.

The boat had earlier left the coastal village of Marer, 10 km south of Bosaso, the commercial capital of the self-declared autonomous region of Puntland, a survivor told IRIN by telephone from Yemen on Wednesday.

Ahmad Adan said the boat had been carrying 85 passengers, including 10 women and a two-year-old child.

The 24-year-old from Wanle Weyne in southern Somalia's Lower Shabelle region said that as they neared the Yemeni coast, the boat crew started forcing people to jump.

"Three miles off the coast, they started forcing people into the water, at gunpoint," he said. "Those who tried to refuse were beaten badly and then thrown overboard. Many of those who jumped did not even know how to swim."

Husayn Haji Ahmad, the acting Somali consul-general in Aden, said so far 38 people had been found alive.

"Local fishermen picked up some of the 35 men and three women, while others swam to the shore," he told IRIN. "The bodies of 13 dead passengers were also recovered."

He said it was not clear whether those missing were dead or still on the boat. "Some of the passengers are known to have refused to jump, telling the crew to kill them first, so they may still be on board, which is what we are hoping for," he said.

This is the latest a series of similar incidents which have claimed the lives of hundreds of Somalis trying to find a better life in Yemen and the Gulf states, Husayn noted.

"In 2002, we estimated that 950 people drowned while trying to reach Yemen and Gulf destinations," he told IRIN. "So far this year, the death toll from this type of incident stands at 250, excluding this one."

"There is no paradise here," he warned. "They will not find a better life, only death at sea and broken dreams. They will be better off staying put."

The fate of the captain and crew members is uncertain. "The boat and its crew have not been found," he said. "They are probably trying to evade the Yemeni coastal security forces."

Most of the passengers on the doomed vessel were from southern Somalia, "mostly young people, as well as some Ethiopians", Ali Sidow, another survivor, told IRIN.

Most of them had paid up to US $500 each for the voyage to Yemen, from where they hoped to move on to Saudi Arabia and other Gulf states in search of work, he added.

A7LA-SHU   

Saaqid isn't that we forgot about our ppl. but how u gonna be mad when u know ur own ppl are killin each other? about the guy u said he was mad coz one Falestinian guy got killed well im with him coz i get mad as hell seein my muslim bro/sis gettin killed by some lil Jews ewww i don't even wanna say their name.. aghhhh..

but my point is that i'll remember us when there is reason for it.. as long my ppl eatin each like dat then and when all my ppl think of is qabil this and dat i'll just pray Allah helps them... and if he doesn't oh well...

Saaaaqid   

Mognoona, Thanks sis for your comments, Now we know that nothing is bitter than people being forced to jump into the sea, people including old women and children under 10 years old. Are you telling me sis that you dont care about that and you care more about Palastine?

A7LA-SHU   

saaqid as much this might sound im big time hater but im not bro.. i do feel sorry for them to die like dat. or even going thro all dat. but to be honest with ya it isn't important to me as much as palistenian Situation...

i used to feel sorry for me ppl. but to be honest. ones somalis get peace in any country all they do is make other ppl's like Miserable... i have seen the ones who live in this country. so i guess my ppl are better of being in war and prayin god to help them.. and incase u wonderin why would i be sayin things like this.. here is my one of my reasons..

A somalian man is in jail u know why? coz his some qabil wants to get even with him now.. coz back home he was a judge and powerfull, so they had the guts to bring all dat crap n bullshit to Kuffar and tell the US should jail him coz he was a bad guy and killed Innocent ppl from their qail (i doubt it) even if he did all those things they sayin he did, don't they know Allah? couldn't they leave all dat to Allah instead of Gal? no they thought a Kaffar is powerful now and they just had to use that.. wooow.... if that is the ppl u tellin me to care and remember. no thanks my dear.. coz that is how low our ppl can get...

let me know when they grow up and pass that qabil stage may be then i'll say i care about my ppl..

peace in the middle east. n 1 luv

bilan   

i agree with magnoona, i can honestly say that i do feel more sorry for palestinian than my own people, for simple reason that we are killing each other for qabiil and ****** things like that while palestinians are killed just because they are muslim, each day they are dying just to safe al_aqsa the third holliest mosque, so tell me what we somalis are doing for muslims or for us, are not we muslims suppose to be like a body, or like a building, that we should feel each other's pain. yeah i was mad and my blood boils every time i see one palestinian killed or injured.

Let all Somalis die i don't give a ratz behind if they are wiped out from the face of the earth coz it ain't more than what they deserve!

13 years of pointless war and you expect me to feel sorry for them?

i feel sorry for the Women and the Children but the rest can go and burn in HELL and i pray that they do.

Raxmah   

AAWW

I dont think we forget us, it just that we just dont care anymore. We are so worried about this qabil and that qabil, and for the past 13 years we are killing eachother for stup!d worthless reasons. And now u want to know why I care abt the situation in Palestine cause they are fighting for the sake of allah. They are fighting the ennemies of allah, and for the past 40 years they been dying in shaheed for the sake of allah. WHile we are fighting and killing each other, and taking innocent lives away. Now do u see the diff between US and Palestine.