Sign in to follow this  
BOB

Chasing Safia.

Haneefah   

As I was going through the first part, I was thinking will he submit to his lower self and continue to be overwhelmed by this fitnah or will he be a brother enough to fight the temptation and lower his gaze, even get off the bus in order to fight this feeling ( I mean he's listening to the Qur'an for Allah's sake), then I discovered that his better self was defeated (shoulda paid more attention to the title eh)-still, such a battle walee!

You're quite an artistic writer BOB, Masha'Allah. I'm wondering how come I haven't noticed your other 600 something posts. smile.gif

Pacifist   

Salaams

Shidka aka BOB Kunjani

:D Sawubona now come on u can't start a story like this and not finish it for us. What da deal yo.Hhayibo beautiful as always ngibonga kakhulu. Ngiyaphila hope all is well with you.

P.S Ngisaqala ukufunda isizulu :D

Pacifist   

Seeker sis its the Zulu majorly called Isizulu language from S.A. Although I do speak the Nyanja and some bemba which comes from Zambia too.

BOB   

I dedicate the remaining episodes of this story to a great friend and a wonderful lady named Pacifist whom I wouldn't be here "again" without her efforts and who can forget the rest of the posse, smile.gif Ms Faadumo Faarax aka Scarlet, Qori-Xabaalan, Conspiracy, my fellow Gooner and comrade 187 and our newest Gooner fan SoMa_InC, Good Looking Out Brothers & Sisters, B0B got nothing but LOOOF for all of you, May Peace Be With You All. :D

The Story:

"I was afraid you may never find your way to the Cafeteria" said Safia visibly delighted at the sight of her guest.

"I almost gave up, you know?" replied Ibrahim.

"That would've been ungentlemanly like of you, wouldn't you say so? teased Safia.

"Well, I never said I was one and judging by what I’ve heard from my Dad, it's a heavy burden for a guy like me to bear" replied Ibrahim cheekily.

"Ladies, always appreciate the company of a gentleman and believe me some ladies fall for a guy simply because of how he conducts himself in public especially in her presence"

"Only for them to play him for a fool, right, so what's so gentle about humiliating a guy in front of all being?" interrupted Ibrahim.

"Don't be silly" giggled Safia, "Now would you be gentleman enough to tell this Lady what she should call you?" she continued.

"Oh, anything but Gentleman, Please, if that's not too much trouble for you, of course" joked the self-styled Prince.

"Ha Ha Ha, Very funny"

"My name is Ibrahim, the son of the greatest painter the world never heard of" boasted Ibrahim.

"It's nice to meet you Ibrahim, the son of the greatest painter I've ever heard" complimented Safia."You know, I forgot to ask you about your name the other day then, maybe because I left in a hurry or sort of and when I got home...i just couldn't stop laughing at myself" confessed the beautiful rich girl,Safia." and I was afraid..you know".

"Don't worry, at least neither of us is in a hurry today,at least I hope..so that you wont have to laugh at yourself ever again" said Ibrahim, looking directly into the most beautiful pair of eyes he's ever had the pleasure to look into.

"Ha Ha Ha, I am sure I wont, thanks to you Mr Not So Gentleman" Laughed Safia who was enjoying the conversation more than she expected.

"Do I need to hire a tour guide or you are going to be a lady enough to show me around" he teased.

"Of course, how silly of me, Please this way" she stuttered embarrassingly.

"You know, if you don't stop calling yourself all these derogatory names, I am afraid I am going to charge you for self battery" he joked.

"Please Sir, take me now" she laughed putting her hands across suggesting to be handcuffed.

Although the notion of a struggling painter's son that he was actually a mighty prince has its funny side, in truth it was very serious business with far reaching consequences both for good and ill, a poor child's dream is no idle fantasy, they are the means by which he creates the person he's going to become.

Ibrahim did not disclose his dreams to anyone but his father who had a keen sense of the meaning of gestures, he could guess a great deal from his son's deafening silence and his manner of dealing with their lack of pleasant life, in other words, they have been poor for far too long.

"Allah kan will end up doing something crazy with his life" became his father's daily statement.

but unknown to this poverty stricken painter, this was no ordinary child, for years he couldn't quite decide whether he should keep on fantasizing about his imaginative aristocratic parents or accept his fate of being poor and find a fortune of his own and in one respect this singular boy was not unlike millions, he longed for the good life without either slaving or stealing for it and he was fully convinced that he was destined for a far better life filled with happiness and love and plenty of MONEY.

"Had she been alive, your mother 'May Allah s.w rest her soul' would've said I failed to look after her beloved son' his father would protest every time he updated him with another episode of his money making scheme.

Safia turned out to be the most cheerful person he's ever met and despite the noisy surroundings Ibrahim was giving a thorough account of himself, telling her about his parents and his poverty dominated background and he was telling her all these just to make her like him out of pity or make her feel sorry for him, but he was rather (bizarrely) bragging about the destiny that awaited him and how he was going to be a rich man one day soon.

Safia was enjoying his company thoroughly and she also liked questioning him in a persistent while retaining her distant manner, a combination which he found confusing but she immediately understood that he wasn't a man who wanted to be liked out of pity, especially by a rich girl who had no idea what it felt like to be poor or go to bed with an empty stomach, he was more than that, at least in her eyes and luckily for him he was making a better impression that he thought he would.

at first she was troubled by his naivety which she understood as arrogance and wondered whether he was prone to heartbreak or worse violence and even though he couldn't have appeared more docile, staring at her expensive clothes off with humble yet sad looking eyes, not quite knowing what to make of him, she found him fascinating, a rebel with cause who talked about all his favourite Palaces around the country even though he's never been near one in his entire life and it came to her as something of a shock when he suddenly announced how rich he was going to get and how many Palaces he would want to buy.

"You know, to be rich is to be at war with the world Ibrahim" she confessed and who is he to argue with her for that statement, after all if she had no idea what it felt like to be poor then he had no idea whatsoever what it felt like to be rich.

"Well, that is for me to find out" he replied with all the confidence in the world.

See You Next Week Insha Allah....Have A Safe Weekend Everybody.

Peace,Love & Unity.

Pacifist   

Originally posted by B0B:

I dedicate the remaining episodes of this story to a great friend and a wonderful lady named Pacifist whom I wouldn't be here "again" without her efforts and who can forget the rest of the posse,
smile.gif
Ms Faadumo Faarax aka Scarlet, Qori-Xabaalan, Conspiracy, my fellow Gooner and comrade 187 and our newest Gooner fan SoMa_InC, Good Looking Out Brothers & Sisters, B0B got nothing but LOOOF for all of you, May Peace Be With You All.
:D

Sawubona I am really honored my dear BOB :)that u dded this for mena. As always peace your way and ngikufisela inhlanhla.

P.s great story.

BOB   

Salama Caleykum w.w Pacifist,

Azange Ngicaba Nge Ukuthi Isizulu Sakhe Silunge Kanje :D ..Wena Ugrand..Nyabonga smile.gif .

Peace,Love & Unity.

BOB   

"What do you mean by to be rich is to be at war with the world anyway?" he asked with a serious tone.

"I mean, who will be your friends when you are rich, have you ever thought about that?"

"I don't see why being rich should make any difference to what kind of friends you have" he replied again showing his naivety.

"it does though, people will either like you for your money or they will resent you for having it, so you are stuck with a small group who are as rich as you are and that doesn't give you much choice now, does it?" she answered.

"I always thought I would have more friends if I were rich"

Safia explained to him in length the kind of friends rich people usually have and she also stressed the difficulty of being a girl from a rich and famous background and Ibrahim just kept nodding gravely as if to say he knew how difficult it was for rich girls but noticing her watching him, he gave up pretending.

"You are the first one I have ever seen let alone meeting" he admitted redface.gif and they both laughed and Ibrahim felt that wealth or status didn't matter to Safia and he was right for she never wanted it to matter either, it was coloured for him by his high hopes, the absence of money from his life was a mere postponement, the waiting period for the grand prize.

The growing attraction of two young people for each other is a touching sight but there is no feeling in this world, no joy, no pain that is not simply a question of MONEY to somebody and MONEY was Ibrahim's dream and nightmare, his agony and bliss, his great adventure, his faith and fate, it wrapped everything and there was money involved even when there was no money involved, even in the exchange of glances with a pretty rich girl.

In the responsive gleam of her beautiful brown eyes, dimmed by passing clouds in the beautiful blue Somalia sky reminded him of his beloved Mother and he smiled briefly and then there was his dad, Mr. Osman who feared that at the most hopeful estimate his son's chances of making it big maybe One in a Billion. and the life of these two bachelors, each wise to the other's folly, dreaming and traveling without getting anywhere and neither of them suspected that they were alike, the father's wealth was stardom and the son's stardom was finding wealth and this made all the difference in the world as far as they were concerned.

Mr Osman used to enjoy reminding his son that its every father's job and responsibility to keep their sons alive and sometimes the young prince used to wonder if getting into trouble would perhaps present him his biggest break in life.

"Maybe I was meant to suffer in my early life so that I would understand and appreciate being rich in my latter life when I finally make my millions and I know how weird that may sound to you" he raised his strong, bony face with an intent look. "Do you think there's such thing called LUCK" he asked Safia.

Watching him she forgot to answer, she only gave him a smile and seemed to lean closer to him, though she didn't move an inch and her amazing smile drew all his attention to her lips, soft and fresh without a lipstick (Ibrahim never liked girls who wore lipstick) and he could hardly manage to disguise his genuine admiration towards her beauty.

Safia's eyes were bright with promise as if she was holding back the secret path to his success only for the sake of sharing it with him on a more intimate occasion and from that day on, her smile never failed to move him to the depth of his whole being and for the first time Safia was tempted to become a different sort of person (Maybe Money & Status mattered to her after all)so that she could spend the rest of her remaining days with this naïve, poor but proud, trustful yet daring and happy guy and she silently wondered what it would feel like to live in the PARADISE of his PASSION...if only there were such a place on the map.

He was beginning to see Safia as a good omen, he hasn't got nothing yet and he already met a rich girl who liked him genuinely and laughed at every silly joke he told, maybe she sensed that he was lucky too (even if he didn't believe in LUCK) he might just find his wealth sooner rather than later and marry her. Why not? He would be richer than she was and they could live happily ever after.

Safia enjoyed his company immensely and everything he said seemed to awaken her soul and never more than when he suddenly said, "be careful as your unrivalled beauty and lively yet pretty eyes tell against you because you know what they say"

"uhmm, ohh, Thanks, Uhmm, no I don't, What do they say?"

"they say the bright and attractive people are discriminated against like all minorities"

"Gosh, I never knew I was part of a dying breed" she joked, fighting to hide her blushes.

Ibrahim just couldn't resist the opportunity to flatter and tease her at the same time and Safia loved every bit of it and remembering his confident grin when they first met had her beautiful mind racing. "And even if he makes me feel good and sexy its nothing personal" she reflected trying to regain her peace of mind. "I live in such an emotional palace, its no wonder a little flirting shakes me up, a new song, a good novel or even a good movie could have done that much for me" the better she reasoned the duller she felt and the day ceased to be perfect for the rich and beauty and her poor prince.

Peace,Love & Unity.

mantra   

I must admit your story made me wanna barf at first..

however its turned out to be quite riveting and very original.. thanks for a good read..

I find I have many similarites with your Sofia character, its almost as if your talking about me..

only im not very easy on the eyes, not entirely rich, im not half as charming and I dont ride the bus..

other than that..well you got mantra down to a T

lakin I dont use the 'aboowe' word and I dont talk to strangers..still story seems like its about me.. :D

your good..

BOB   

Salam My Sister Mantra,

Me and you should have a very private meeting where we discuss about these strange similarities between you and my Safia and I like the way you are being modest about your looks because it's a rare quality but very positive one to possess.

I am glad you enjoyed reading my story because you are a potential buyer to my future books Insha Allah, this is just to wet your appetites before the real meal which I hope to serve one day soon Insha Allah.

PS. Maybe this story is based on a true story that might have happened to a friend or some one I know or thought i know like yourself smile.gif , who knows?

Peace,Love & Unity.