Sign in to follow this  
Johnny B

A Sol Goddess !!

Dhimbil   

So Ahura gets whats hers but young JB is left holding the bag...ouch. Anyone else notice the Bee and the good sheikh haven't been seen lately :D I'm just saying no.

^^Yac :D , yaa Khaalid.

It should not surprise me that SOL’s most qualified stud has performed his lute songs so well that he has managed the gallery hum with him praising his imagined love. What does surprise me, though, is how the queen whose courtesy JB has labored to practice chose to treat us all with silence. Not that I expected good Bishaaro to respond in the affirmative, but a mere acknowledgment for JB’s effort is what, I thought, the gallery has been begging for.

Tolow maxay qoonsatay gabadhaan awowga u ahaa :D .

As for good Xiin and how JB’s love songs summon him to a virtual dual, as my good friend Castro suggested, well that I am afraid is not the case. Not because that I don’t care--of course I do--but it’s in Xiin strategy to remain a distant spectator as long JB claps with a one hand :D . Good lyrics but the music is yet to be composed. So lets wait and see, i would say.

But let me play in to Castro’s hand, and admit that this thread, though lovely and exceedingly romantic, reminds me the story of Saahid, the wise elder, and Weerar, the lustful stud. Their poetic exchange started when Saahid, suspicious of Weerar’s repeated visits to his village, unleashed his famous verses on him, in effect telling him to shun from the habit of gallanting to all ladies at once. It’s not in the art of courting, nor is it practically achievable, Saahid reminded Weerar, to love in multiplicity. Love is not a ceaseless chattering point, he lectured. If you have a sense of commitment, and a true love to offer, however, I will seal the deal for you, he promised. If not, Saahid seemed to have warned to Weerar, back off.

Saahid’s verses were delivered in a veiled speech, I must note, to keep the calm and the respect of his literary opponent, and to smooth its sharp edge, and avoid the spill of blood it could potentially draw. Here they are:

• Weerarow ninkii kula jidh ah, baa lala jadheeyaa

• Ninkii jaahu kuu qabanayo, yaa lala jalbeebtaaye

• Jidba ma aha xoolaha inaad, wada jeclaataaye

• Jisha iyo aan Raabkaba la baxo, waa jaguugnimo

• Hasha jillica ah iyo qaalmahaad, wada jelleecayso

• War mid ku joogso layskuma darsado, laba jidhaamoode :D

From those sharp verses, Weerar learnt to control his lust, and took heed of Saahid’s advice. Not sure if JB would readily heed good Xiin’s advice. And the fact the queen is yet to speak renders the whole exercise useless.

What say you good JB?

Castro   

^ A suave move indeed to have disappeared yesterday. Try as I did to keep your love triangle in the headlines, my failure speaks for itself. Nonetheless it's good to see you back though I'd have preferred to see Queen B first. :D

Pi   

Words that I didnt understand from xiinfaniin's poem:

jadheeyaa (no clue)

jalbeebtaaye (Jalbaab was the closest connection but it doesnt work, unfortunately)

Jisha (some kind of animal?)

Raabkaba (some kind of animal?)

jaguugnimo (idiocy?)

jillica (no clue)

qaalmahaad (again, some kind of animal)

jidhaamoode (no clue)

jaahu (no clue)

I mean I couldnt even figure out the meaning from the context. Help? Anyone?

Pi   

I dont think he's showing off. He thinks there's other old geezers around to understand it. He's wrong, big time. Even you, a semi-geezer, didnt understand it.

hodman   

jadheeyaa (no clue)

jalbeebtaaye (Jalbaab was the closest connection but it doesnt work, unfortunately)

Jisha (some kind of animal?)

Raabkaba (some kind of animal?)

jaguugnimo (idiocy?)

jillica (no clue)

qaalmahaad (again, some kind of animal)

jidhaamoode (no clue)

jaahu (no clue)

:D:D:D

c'mon atheer is it only the xamari that u can decode help the fella out :D

Sayyid   

Originally posted by Xiinfaniin: Weerarow ninkii kula jidh ah, baa lala jadheeyaa

• Ninkii jaahu kuu qabanayo, yaa lala jalbeebtaaye

• Jidba ma aha xoolaha inaad, wada jeclaataaye

• Jisha iyo aan Raabkaba la baxo, waa jaguugnimo

• Hasha jillica ah iyo qaalmahaad, wada jelleecayso

• War mid ku joogso layskuma darsado, laba jidhaamoode

Help is at hand folks, don't worry Sayyid Qutb will 'translate' and decode the poem for you poor folks!

Weerarow(an old-fashioned somali name), You should keep up with the one on the same 'path' as you!

You should be 'close' to the one that 'navigates' (has the compass)!

It can't be an 'option' or solution, that you fell in 'love' with all the 'animals' (woman)!

(It ain't on) You 'taking' Jisha and Raabkaba is damn greedy!

That you on the other hand 'leave' us with the 'unwanted' and rotten waste no body wants, yacni hambada!

Keep to only one (woman), it ain't on that 'you' take two 'jidhamoode' (is a slice of a cake, meaning you can't take two because that would be greedy innit!)

^^ :D:D

Castrow, I thought you were the real qaldaan here. Of course I was wrong. But let me first tend to PI’s questions.

Saaxiib, these are difficult verses to understand, but this is what my literature mentor told me they mean.

Lala Jadheeyaa = lala jaraystaa = worthy of playing a game of chess with.

Jalbeebtaaye = keep amused with, have company with.

Jisha iyo Raabka = two important elements that are essential for the viability of Aqal Soomaali. One would not posibilly want to take both unless of course he is, as Saahid says, a Jaguug; overly inconsiderate.

Jillica = an attractive description of she-camel , Qaalmaha = young she-camels

Laba Jidhaamood = two little pools fed by spring. One would not want to keep both for him self, and deprive the rest from it.

Now, the apparent impression created by this poet would be, for the uninitiated, a talk about camels, or as IP said, about animals. Of course, the she-camel talk is a mere proverbial, and the real discussion is about women; a beautiful illustration of the art of oblique of sarbeeb communication.

G'Nite all. ...to be cont.d.

^^ :D:D General LoZ, my childs play leaves a lot to be desired, saaxiib. I think JB will be back with a Swedish poem :D , and then, and only then, good Xiin would be in a big trouble, and i would rather save you for that looming day :D .