Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

Want to know more about Seattle?

Baluug   

That's some interesting info about Seattle...I only knew about the Space needle,the Mariners,and Seahawks...Everyone talks about Vancouver being the most livable city...Yeah,right,maybe if you're from India or China,and that's about it.It's a nice place,but waaaaaay too expensive.

Baashi   

Horn Afrique,

I am right there with u, living in Seattle that is. I live there part-time. I buy my hilib halal from Renton Halal Meat you know where and have relatives in Kent, Renton, and Burien. My bad Horn. I was comparing the city with San Jose, Toronto, and Minneapolis. It came short and I'm calling it as I see it.

I guess you right you may know more than I do in socializing dept. for I'm a new comer. However, the truth is the city is damn gray and everyone will agree with me notwithstanding with passionate Horn. The rain common brother this city is way too rainy. Rain pours in from the heaven in three seasons out of the four!

Tukwilla is where are the Somalis are biz wise and u know it. If u want to send couple of greens to home u go to Tukwilla. If u want to get Somali stuff u go to Tukwilla. If u want to eat Somali cuisine u go to Salaama, Marwo, that lil shack called Ayan or something...and the one in downtown Most of Hilib halals are in there. How about Somali shopping centers again Tukwila. I get my haircut done there too.

Tukwila is a ghetto as gheto gets. MLK and Rainer areas are ghetto my friend. Broadway area in Mpls or old Franklin/Chicago intersection's Phillips neighborhood back in the days before the renovations fare way better I tell ya. I have seen both places and Rainer and MLK section of Tukwilla are rundown places. I suppose every nmajor city has a ghetto but Horn is painting his neck of the wood with rossy color.

I remember even the date I saw the Somali prostitute and drug addict thug wannabee on International BLvd. It was late August and there was big wedding taking place Seatac hotel and a lot of my buddies came from Toronto and Mnpls for this wedding. I was dropping someone to Tukwilla and there she was just on the intersection where we were stopped by traffic light. First time in my stay in the states that I have seen openly Somali prostitute.

That being said I like the city especially Issaquah town. I don't if you have been this area of the metropolitan but man the view is breathtaking nature undisturbed. They have starbuck in a seemingly remote or rather isolated strip mall...two homengous mountains populated by forest trees in plain view...can't get better than that.

Waryee u and Brown didn't realise inaan isku xaafad nahay haye. Now u know...not really but I'm there every other week doin shopping for my halal rations. An I stay put two days in a row.

Wow, a Seattle thread! Dropping in to say hello.

It seems there is a fair amount of Seattle representation on SOL...

Hmmm. Might be time for a face to face.

I specially wanna see Wordetta. lol

raula   

Originally posted by Baashi:

Tukwila is a ghetto as gheto gets. MLK and Rainer areas are ghetto my friend. Broadway area in Mpls or old Franklin/Chicago intersection's Phillips neighborhood back in the days before the renovations fare way better I tell ya. ..

I remember even the date I saw the Somali prostitute and drug addict thug wannabee on International BLvd. It was late August and there was big wedding taking place Seatac hotel and a lot of my buddies came from Toronto and Mnpls for this wedding. I was dropping someone to Tukwilla and there she was just on the intersection where we were stopped by traffic light. First time in my stay in the states that I have seen openly Somali prostitute.

Duqa u need to revist your old city man-Franklin, Bloomington, Park, Portland..etc have been UPGRADED :D they are glazy condos..u wont even believe..Minneafabolous it is INDEED. Now San Jose...beautiful(when u know half-moon bay and Monterey is just next door..not to mention Shasta mountain/redding, and down south u got Ventura ) :D But Minneapolis is just great :D

Subxanallah-prostitute ah icon_razz.gif caza-wa-jala.

Baashi   

Raula wlc back lady and Ramadan Kariim. Long time no see..moi no shaah anymore eh.

Ya know Raula Dinkytown rules and if and when I come back I hope u r still in Dinky neighborhood.

I'm off to afur. Later.

Seattle is the best place to live, minus the somali refugees lol. I love the rain, and finally its back.YES.The other thing is I think Somalis here (a good majority) are more "reer magal" (and not in the sense of having good parties and loosing our culture..i.e mn,to,oh).

The north side, yeah icon_razz.gif

All in all, seattle is the place to live, we do have a lot of people from seattle here.

Pacifist   

Seattle is beautiful. I think it has a lot to do with who and where they take you out in Seattle. You see if you have been to the surroundings of tukwila, Ranier and seatac, then you will hate it. Seriously there is more to see

Fremont

Issaquah

Bellevue

Mercer Island

Ballard

University district

Friday Harbour

San Juan Island which are Friday Harbour,Lopez Island, Orcas Island and Shaw Island. Oh Forgot Snoqualmie falls and the Skying resorts. Mount Ranier Etc

I am tight on the time at the moment but for those who would like to explore and see the beauty of Seattle and the hidden treasures.

Truth be told Vancouver is beautiful than Seattle. Ofcourse their car plates already say so

Beautiful British Columbia.

Inshallah will be back to comment later.

Originally posted by Rahima:

Load of bullocks :mad: . I demand a re-assessment.

Vancouver has nothing on Melbourne I tell ya :rolleyes: , nothing.

I second that..besides...it is our Motto "Melbourne the Place to Be"

Those of you who haven't seen Melbourne will get to see it during the Commonwealth games insha Allah... for the time being...Joojiya Oohinta..

Salaamaat

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Professor.:

I specially wanna see Wordetta. lol

Wordetta is family, close family. ;) We don't deal well with suitors that come out of nowhere. :D

quote:

Originally posted by raula:

Now San Jose...beautiful(when u know half-moon bay and Monterey is just next door..not to mention Shasta mountain/redding, and down south u got Ventura )
:D

San Jose aa? You got to be kiddin! I spent my summer in the little beach town of Santa Cruz on the southern mouth of the Monterey Bay so I had plenty of time to visit San Jose. It was most possibly the least appealing place I have had the dis-pleasure of visiting. A dry city without good views surrounded by bleak reddish/brown mountains and desert. The whole environment was depressing. You and Baashi are probably being influenced by the lack of food resulting from your fast. :D

BAASHI-

Magaaladeena waad gaftay ina adeer. It's interesting how you keep mentioning Tukwila and Kent which are suburbs of Seattle while not saying anything about neighborhoods within the vicinity of the city of Seattle itself. Places such as Beacon Hill, Pioneer Square, Wallingford, Ballard, U-District, Capitol Hill, Mercer Island, Seward Park, our business district etc.

By the way, we are not responsible for every Somali that lives here. We all came to the Emerald City during the same time, more or less, some choosing to stay behind should not reflect badly on the rest of Somali community or Seattle itself. I mean, seriously, Somalis in "Seattle" live all over the Puget Sound and surrounding areas, so there is no effective way to uniformly classify the people here.

Alpha and Pacifist, until I am ready to go back to Somalia, Seattle all the way baby! :cool:

Juxa   

finally give credit where its due, i found seattle to be hippy city, alot to see, nice museams and folks are unlike the rest of the yankies very cultured ;)

beside the rain, which i found very homely and the traffic, seattle is close to portland (no taxes) and just 3 hours drive from BC. dont you just love victoria :D

ooh pacifist adna kuman ilaabin, so thumps up reer seattle

Armz_23   

Want to Know more about Seattle

Actually not really, because i believe ive explored everything that it had to offer on my last year tour(vacation). I must admit, i was Flabbergasted seeing how beautifal the city and the sea was, and to top it up those wonderful highways that looked like you about to jump on rowlercoaster. Another thing ive found it fascinating was how maryooley's have not lost their roots yet. for instance, ive noticed that majority of the people do communicatie with their own mother tongue, listen to somali music (which ive started listening to it recently),etc. However, i was dissapointed seeing how people do lack with their deen practise due to duunya ambition and goals. Other then that, i had to give it up 4 seattle. thumps up y'llllllll

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

Aeronmen (Pyromaniac pyxie/cushitic cutie?) you didn't hear wrong.
;)
Aah I can see a saying or two comming up, nin is faanshay waa ri is nuugtay.

Anyways we will be delighted to have you. :cool:

LoL, much thanks. And no, am not Pixie (that's Kreepy Kid).

Wiilo   

Baashi brother u need to visit Minneapolis, it is not the Minneapolis that u used to know. The people, and the city is been Updated, and i mean UPDATED. PLEASE come and see the beauty of the city.

Mutio dilicioso:...........

Pujah   

hmm, the thread was about Seattle but I see peeps representing their state ex mpls....let me say one or two things about my state the best place to be...the "birth place of avaiation" and home of the buckeye eheheh icon_razz.gif

lol..seatown! with all that rain....... i bet wet 24/7..! how come u forgot to tell us that seatown has the highest depressed ppl in usa!!

i rather have dry weather and lil fire!! n a lot of sun shine any day!!