Sign in to follow this  
Animal Farm

Another Shooting in Toronto

Murder Probes

It’s been a violent weekend in the GTA with police in York Region making two arrests in two separate murders Sunday, one in Markham and one in Vaughan.

A 21-year-old man is facing a second-degree murder charge after a fatal shooting at a Markham home.

Police were called to the Markham Road and Denison Street area (pictured) around 1am Sunday morning where they found 23-year-old Abdirahman Mohamed in a vehicle suffering from a gunshot wound. He was rushed to Sunnybrook Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.

Investigators believe the victim was shot in a home on Charles Alfred Crescent, in the McCowan and Steeles area, and that two other men were in the residence at the time.

A witness apparently tried to drive Mohamed to the hospital, but got into an accident on the way there.

Maurice Smith has been charged with second-degree murder and was scheduled to appear in court Sunday.

No other injuries, or suspects have been reported in connection to this shooting.

Less than an hour later, police were called to a home on Campbell Avenue in Vaughan. When they arrived they found Sunday’s second homicide victim.

Authorities haven’t released the person’s name and are awaiting the results of a post-mortem examination to determine the cause of death.

Forty-three-year-old Vaughan resident Rafik Demin was arrested at the scene and has been charged with second-degree murder. He was scheduled to appear in court Sunday.

If you have any information about either of these incidents, call the York Regional Police Homicide Bureau at 1-866-287-5025 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.

Baluug   

It sounds like things aren't looking too good for Somali's over there.Too many are being killed in Toronto.I'm not pointing blame,but I heard Somali's are getting into trouble with Jamaicans and gangs more and more these days,and that can't be a good thing.I just hope Allah SWT forgives them and gives them Jannah,Amiin.

Lake   

Innaa Lilaah waa innaa Ilayhi raajicuun

Its sad to hear that around this time of the year..his pops was just coming back from the Saudi in couple of days.

The funeral is in Tuesday inshallah..at The Foundation (I believe)

Originally posted by Pretty Tone:

Innaa Lilaah waa innaa Ilayhi raajicuun

Its sad to hear that around this time of the year..his pops was just coming back from the Saudi in couple of days.

The funeral is in Tuesday inshallah..at The Foundation (I believe)

Inaa Lilaah wa inaa Ilayhi raajicuun.

May Allah forgive him, and permit him his Jannant.

Samir iyo iimaan for his family.