Sign in to follow this  
Queen Arawello

Gaining/Losing Weight During Ramadan.

Abtigiis   

Malika, salaams sister. How are you doing with the Ramadan. I find the shiek who talks how if you touch your wife during the day, you will be culpable of all the sins that come while the woman will be exonerated very theatrical. Why did he talk about that as it is elementary and why does he say "war is daaya ilaahay ka yaabo".

Malika   

^Yeah,your back..Waar,Sambus iyo malawax ayaan kaa hadhlenee.. redface.gif

ps.Am good my brother,alhamdulilla h! and ramadan is going well.

Ibtisam   

Originally posted by Malika:

Ibti,Wallahi,we cook/eat that and more..kaley adigu gajoo aad uu dimatee hedee..LOL

Vermicelline [spelled it wrong earlier]= cadiriyaad

Mandazi= bur/kaaqac[sp]

LOOOL only time I ever eat vermicelline is at weddings!!

You guys have a rich people's casumaad. :eek: LOOL Mashallah.

A&T wlc back ad Ramadan Mubarak

Malika   

^LOL@ rich people's casumaad..lol,nah it cost next to nothing,its just food that most Somalis don't eat..

You can make delicious fish cakes using tuna/boiled&mashed potatoes/garlic/ging er..make small balls,dip and coat them with whipped egg and fry them..voila! you have tuna fish cakes..delicious with coleslaw! smile.gif

ps.Was this thread about loosing weight?.. :D

Zakinah   

^lol yes.I think everything in life should be balance, well for atleast in my life.Eat but dont stuff ur self to the point that you cant move a limb..Tarawiih is a gr8 exercise mentally n physically..

Malik ur afur sounds exotic, yummy!

Ibtisam   

Malika I am picking with food, fish cakes by your description are making my stomach ache redface.gif especially the coating them with whipped egg part, can they be coated with bread crumbs or flour or something and then baked? You are very very nutritious with your cooking!! lol

I have been trying a simple diet during ramadan.

I usually eat fruit salad, porridge, 2 sambuus (vegetable), 1 cup of orange juice. And either humous or lentils with Turkish bread for dinner.

Juxa   

malika, ibti and i are going to visit very soon.

the rest, eat moderately if being deliciously fat upsets you.

Indhoos   

Salaams,

I actually lose weight during ramadan that I end up looking like, "Qumayo reero laga soo eryay." Mom's words and I eat as much as the rest of the family if not more...What gives?

Blessed   

I'd be careful about associating weight loss with Ramadan as it can mess with your niyah - fasting is for Allah. Full stop. Get ideas of weight loss, detox into a womans head and her subconscious is going to start doing silly calculations and before you know it Allah has a partner in this ibaadah.

My point- iska raaxeyso, eat what you need and do the weight loss thing AFTER Ramadan. Give this month to Allah. smile.gif

p.s Some will lose weight, some will gain but this has as much to do with activity level( which tends to decrease in Ramadan), how your body adjusts to eating at night only - what foods you eat as much as how much you eat.

Oz   

^^Red Devils are loosing tonight. :D Muhahahaha!. EDIT: Women section? damn posted already.

Ibts, you're eating too little. You need a little more protein and carbs. God wants ease for us not difficulty. It's a fast not a starve. Everything in moderation.