Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Can I get a white puppy for Eid?

NGONGE   

Originally posted by nuune:

^^ On Peace TV, there were 4 & 5 year olds reciting many sections of the Quraan when asked, they were even giving out Khutba on particular subject of their selection.

So 6 year old is not a kid, and everyone knows that!

Other would do fine, like Bakayle, or Sagaaro, but forget about eeyga

A six year old is far too young for understanding the reasons behind things. Reciting the Quran or giving a Khutba on a simple subject is something you can teach a bloody parrot, saaxib. To tell a six year old that something is haram and make them understand the actual concept is a totally different thing.

nuune   

^^ Saddex sano markaan jirey xaaraanta iyo xalaasha waan kala aqaanay waxey kala yihiin, xadiithkii Nucmaan ayaan xafidsanaa, innal xalaala bayyinun wa innal xaraama bayyinun :D

NGONGE   

^^ As opposed to the old country where they ran around with dirty ears miya? icon_razz.gif

You're all shyly dipping a foot in and playing it safe. Argue with me dammit. :D

Juxa   

you seem bored, carab fowqal carab. orodoo gardenka dig garee

ps: in the old country you were lucky if you washed the dirt of your feet

N.O.R.F   

What happened to play houses and dolls?

A mother brings her Churchill looking dog to school every morning (along with her son) and straps him to the railings. My daughter always says "look at the dog daddy" and I would reply "yeah, hes yucky". When she is 6 she won't ask for a yucky dog!

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Norfsky:

What happened to play houses and doolls?

A mother brings her Churchill looking dog to school every morning (along with her son) and straps him to the railings. My daughter always says "look at the dog daddy" and I would reply "yeah, hes yucky". When she is 6 she won't ask for a yucky dog!

Exactly. Bal Al Shababkan naqabsaday u sheeg ninyaho. :D

N.O.R.F   

^It does help that he is butt ugly and has saliva dripping off his mouth. Imagine the looks on the local Arabs' faces when he decides to pee in front of the school :D

Malika   

CL,she is ready to learn,might not have the same logical reasoning as an adult and a full comprehension of the reason you will give her, but she is learning...And Children ask all sort of questions,its their way of processing knowledge,information marka its nothing to worry about her asking if she could have puppy.

Remember,she lives and is growing in a complete different 'childhood context' to many of us,she is also interacting with peers/adults that will influnce her outlook especially in an enviroment like ours[western].

Once you have gone through the 'why' perhaps offer to get her a kitten or hamster[They are so easy to keep]..

Castro   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

You're all shyly dipping a foot in and playing it safe. Argue with me dammit.
:D

All the parrots in here saying a dog is "haram", prove it. You people must not know what the word means. Somalis and their "harams". :rolleyes:

Care to expand on your response@ Castro?

Malika-believe me she is a master on “but why”. P.s I’m actually planning to get her a ferret.

Norf- her school chum recently got a puppy and brought it to school and she is completely taken by it. Believe me I’ve seen the creature, his cute as a button unlike the one you’re currently seeing @ your girl school.

p.s nuune- 6yr old is still a child.

p.s.s I intend to dodge the xaraam like altogether no use in bringing that up now; she’s still too young for such discussions. There dirty/take the attention away from you line is much appropriate this time.