Holac

Qadaadweyn

Holac   

You often hear the new generation of Somalilanders disseminating terms such as "qadaad-weyn" and what not against other Somalis, particulary Southern Somalis. It is ironic that the ignorant description Richard Burton used to describe the people he saw in British Somaliland in the mid 1800s is being regurgitated and used against other Somalis. 

In personal appearance the race is not unprepossessing (not particularly attractive or appealing to the eye). The crinal hair is hard and wiry, growing, like that of a half-caste West Indian, in stiff ringlets which sprout in tufts from the scalp, and, attaining a moderate length, which they rarely surpass, bang down. The jaw, however, is almost invariably prognathous and African; the broad, turned-out lips betray approximation to the Negro; and the chin projects to the detriment of the facial angle.

image.jpeg.f52338a63df50b169d0a480630a1e2dc.jpeg

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

Illey had offered a suggestion regarding the internal discrimination that happens in one discussion.

He mentioned the community that is discriminated and suggested that to marry 100 from that community and the other communities.

some People laughed, some people were scared that he might dictate (lol), but most people thought, it might help.

Every society has this north south, east west, that tribe this tribe even in some clan this accent ot that accent of Somali....Its endless and bottomless.

Most arabs call africans in general Abid and even Habeshi that means mixed race is used to say slave by some arabs.

Holac   

Which is far from it, at least interns what we in Somaliland actually mean when we use the word, Qadaadweyn.

Oodweyne, we all know what image people are trying to conjure up when they use the term qadaadweyn. I was expecting you to admit the proximity but pass it off as "kaftan-rageed". I never expected you would cover-up its meaning.  :) :)

Mooge   

hahahaa. walahi niyoow i never laughed so hard. quracda igaso matajisay. 

niyoow the picture is Oodweyne himself. Ood means qadad in somaliland. in other words qadaweyne. loool. 

Tallaabo   
11 hours ago, Holac said:

You often hear the new generation of Somalilanders disseminating terms such as "qadaad-weyn" and what not against other Somalis, particulary Southern Somalis. It is ironic that the ignorant description Richard Burton used to describe the people he saw in British Somaliland in the mid 1800s is being regurgitated and used against other Somalis. 

In personal appearance the race is not unprepossessing (not particularly attractive or appealing to the eye). The crinal hair is hard and wiry, growing, like that of a half-caste West Indian, in stiff ringlets which sprout in tufts from the scalp, and, attaining a moderate length, which they rarely surpass, bang down. The jaw, however, is almost invariably prognathous and African; the broad, turned-out lips betray approximation to the Negro; and the chin projects to the detriment of the facial angle.

image.jpeg.f52338a63df50b169d0a480630a1e2dc.jpeg

The people he was describing were some alien qadaadwayn sheegato ninnies like saalax who were interned in a concentration camp near Ceel-afwayn :D

If that is what he saw in the area, there was definitely a Central African ship docked somewhere close. lol

But seriously, Somalis are negros. They need to live with that simple fact. 

20 hours ago, Dahireeto said:

But seriously, Somalis are negros. They need to live with that simple fact. 

That is becoming almost impossible. The succeess of Somali in America or elsewhere even as refugee keeps enforcing the wrong understanding. That "we are different".

This is also shown even by europeans when they say white the mediteranean is out of it. Its all relative.

I think having religion and related culture for long time and not being religion that came with european colonialists makes it strong.

And of course comparing communities every advantage economic, cultural counts.