Sign in to follow this  
Ladiif

Which Masjid do you go to?

Ladiif   

Just name the Masjid and the city pls and the State/country if you dont mind.

While I'm off from school, I go to Shaafic Mosques, Cedar, Minneapolis and rest of the year we have a masallah at the school!!

And dont worry cause I dont work for Ashcroft.

Bachelor   

We call it MCA (Muslim Communitee Association) and it includded school, library, bookshop, a netweok for those who are looking job, cafetaria....indeed nice place to spend time. Beautiful enviroment.

Saalixa   

latiif,

Masjid Al-Taqwaa, Sydney Australia.

On some Saturdays i attend The Somali Islamic Centre= nice place ;)

salamz.

brixton,

whitechapel,

leyton,

upton park(sisters circles),

Lewisham Islamic Community Center,

Finsbery Park,

Baker St Mosque,,,,,,

as long as they got good salaafi talks, im there....InshaAllah...ooh...and they are all in london- UK

ooh, and aslong as they are not organised by somali people (sorry,,,but somali people only bring crying kids to the sisters section,,,and the kids got no discipline- and the mothers act sooo careless...that i feel i have to watch the kids ,,and i find ma self babysitting rather than listening to the talks)

Ladiif   

Thanks for your replies guys.

"ooh, and aslong as they are not organised by somali people (sorry,,,but somali people only bring crying kids to the sisters section,,,and the kids got no discipline- and the mothers act sooo careless...that i feel i have to watch the kids ,,and i find ma self babysitting rather than listening to the talks)"

Very true sister and I think that the somali parents should teach their kids how to behave in the Masjids rather than bringing them in the mosques and setting them free running around in the masjids and disturnbing ppl. Is good to bring Kids to mosques but its parents' duty to keep an eye on their kids. Some parents send their children when they can't handle or stand them at home and they came to the mosques and make it a playground.

Haashim   
Greenwich Islamic Centre , but unfortunately as the case is in many mosques in the West, there is a big disbute between the Somalis and Pakistanis, last month, somalis attempted coup de ettat :D but failed, and the court ordedred somalis to pay a huge money £ 13.000 ( about us$ 20.000), the IMAM (Jazaahullahu khayr) always argue the two parts to solve their disbute in an islamic brotherhood atmosphere but no one listens, each group want to dismental the other and the victims are the puplic (Allow Sahal Umuuraha).

A7LA-SHU   

I go to Masjid Ar-Ribat. SD Cali.. it is small but good community mansha'allah. friendly folks (well atleast let me speak for the sisters section) :D .. i really love it. we have our lecsures 8-10pm every saturday night. and we stay there untill 11:30 to 12 midnight just hangin out there. i love ittt... ;)

"ooh, and aslong as they are not organised by somali people (sorry,,,but somali people only bring crying kids to the sisters section,,,and the kids got no discipline- and the mothers act sooo careless...that i feel i have to watch the kids ,,and i find ma self babysitting rather than listening to the talks)"

silent-sistah it ain't only somali folks who do dat my dear... same thing the Masjid i go to.. i remember last weekend i end up babysittin kids coz the masjid was full mansha'allah and kids were out of control so i thought why not help.. so i have no idea what the Sheikh said that night. :mad: :(

Ladiif   

Muraad, what caused the dispute? I assume each group wants to administer the mosque but why can't they co-exist and support whoever manages the masjid as long as they do the right thing! Xoolo miyaa meesha yaala iyo wax personal gain ah?

Shaafici Masjid is adjucent to Cedar Towers, a residential area to hundreds of somalis and hosts a good number of somali businesses. The Masjid consists the praying masalah, Dugsi for children, and adults; both men and women and an Islamic Maktaba where you can find a variety of materials and resources.

Weakness(1): The only Language they deliver Khutbah, Muxaadharaad and other dacwaad are all somali. Thus, you wont see other muslims come to this masjid. Very bad.

(2) The Mosque is soo small given the pop in the area and have no parking lots at all, discouraging alots of ppl to come t the mosque.

(3) In the Masjid, there sheikhs talk abt how Qabiils ruined our community. How our youths are astraying and indulging w/emselves with drugs and sex and dangering their lifes nontheless, they dont take these Dawah activities outside of the mosques where needed the most. After prayer when you step outside of the mosque, you will see those who r sirkhaan from Qaad, from Khamro, high from any other kind of drugs and also caariyaad(naked)females but no ones address these issues(not only wadaads but all of us, muslims)

A7LA-SHU   

latiif i hear ya no one ever wanna do something about the problems we are facin.. i don't know about the masjid u go. but ours what we do is that we write on paper what think is important and pass it to the men section. and masjid try to make days so we can cover what is needed and who is willin to do the job.

so i would say u tell that sheikh there are some issues u think are important to todays youth. and try to have other ppl who are willin to help u reach those goals. find someone who u think can do speaks or go out over the weekend to reach out for the community..

for example we invite some speakers from another state every ones in a while to do speaks. and it is new thing the masjid start to do. every sunday is youth day. so what they do is that older guys 20 n up take the younger kids 12 n up to parks, campin out for three days.. they also make them take notes on hadiths.. sometimes they ask the kids to read about one or two hadiths and come next sunday and share it with the rest of the group...they give them lil award for being respectful, nice toward their muslim brothers, by takin notes and willin to learn more... lil things like dat can make difference and those young kids would look forward to sundays instead of hangin outside with some loser kids or drug users....

those were just ideas.. so peace n 1 luv...

Haashim   

Latiif, bro. you never know the real reason unless you involved deeply, but there is a general belief among somalis that the present admistration's (pakistanis) aqeedah is not correct (sufisim) and that's why they attempted a coup that failed, on the other hand pakistani's assumed most somalis to be the so-called Wahabis, so there could be no co-existence between these two groups, since each group suspect other groups aqeedah, iimaan, enz.

The people who are neither group have no voice, and the case is in the court.

Raxmah   

Asalamu alaikum

I go to Darasalam masjid, MCA and The Islamic centers in Dearborn. Its so beautiful -- you actually get to hear the adhan in dearborn, too bad I dont live there.

there is a big disbute between the Somalis and Pakistanis, last month, somalis attempted coup de ettat but failed, and the court ordedred somalis to pay a huge money £ 13.000 ( about us$ 20.000), the IMAM (Jazaahullahu khayr) always argue the two parts

Ya allah, why is it that wherever somalis get involved with, there is a dispute. WE are are having the same problem here with the mosque between pakis and malis. For one I dont like going to that mosque cause all I ever hear them talk abt is qabiils and how it destroyed us, but never how can we fix it. I already know that it destroyed it, but what are we going to do abt it. And it would be useful if they actaully talked about anything usefull for the hereafter, but of course not qabiils seems to b more important.