Sign in to follow this  
Ladiif

Which Masjid do you go to?

I am ashamed to say, but I've only been to a mosque 5 times in my entire life!!!!!..But, don't worry, I intend to do something about this...Inshaah Alaah!!!!!

Once, when we where little my parents enrolled us in our first 'malcaamad' in our local mosque. Unfortunately for us the principal language in this 'malcaamad' was in Urdu. Ofcourse my siblings and I had no idea since we didn't speak arabic and couldn't tell the difference between Urdu and Arabic, besides we were just kids (i was the oldest and i must have been around 7) so anyways we ended up learning the Quran in Urdu before my parents found out what was going on!!!!!

I distinctively remember thinking that something is very weird, off, different, not right... with this 'malcaamad' I just couldn't put my finger on it Walaahi!!!

Ofcourse things have changed now, there is a Somali 'malcaamad' every corner you turn. Somalies even have their own Mosques. However, when we were growing up things were different, there were a handful of Somalies, we just didn't have the privilages that Somali children have today!...i remember Walaahi when 'halal' meat was a luxury...my mother had to travel atleast an hour each way just so she could get to a Lebonese Butcher that sold 'halal' meat...

Boy, those where the days ehy!

Mz Flamboyant..

Ladiif   

"But, don't worry, I intend to do something about this...Inshaah Alaah!!!!!"

^^^^^Please do so. It feels incredible to be part of a community which come together and Love each other for the sake of allah. Also, its a great place where you can learn the deen because most of times sheikhs tackle on many issues and questions which come up in our daily lifes

Magnoona, thanks for the suggestions walaal!

I used to mispronounce ur name btw but i got it now but believe me, I wont call you that name in case I ever see you in person :D

A7LA-SHU   

Originally posted by Latiif:

Magnoona, thanks for the suggestions walaal!

I used to mispronounce ur name btw but i got it now but believe me, I wont call you that name in case I ever see you in person
:D

u wlcm anytime Latiif.. and u used to mispronounce my name? it is all good it is wacko name any way.. and im glad u wouldn't call me dat name if u ever see me in person or else icon_razz.gif;)

maryan sweety shafaci or not it is just the same religion just that u know..

Paragon   

Jamia Mosque - Southall/Middlesex (west london) on fridays and our local Hayes-town (Hillingdon) mosque other prayers.