Che -Guevara

Prime Minister Hailermariam Desalegn Resigns

20 minutes ago, Che -Guevara said:

Observer,

So you are saying all this is conjured by Amhara.? Is the issue one of identity or simply competition over resources?

Competition over resources. The persons talking are all from outside the area. Even Ginbot 7 had told them that its something you can ask later since its complicated.

What the Amhara (Which I should say in few towns, but mostly diaspora) are saying is EPRDF should restore the 14 provinces from king Haileslassie and Derg times.

Tigray is telling them, that is a no no ethnic people to the extent possible who live in contigeous area will have their region. Period and since Welqayit people are Tigrigna speakers as verified by Derg (which the Amhara do not deny) and every census taken they will be in Tigray.

The Amhara just wanted chaos by any means. The closest place they could do was Gonder and now Gonder is in regret for allowing these groups last year. No more will you hear such a thing again.

The Agew which are closest to this area are now to be autonomous and that is last nail in that coufin of fake box. The Agew are between Gonder city and Tigray. Once the Agew take over and administer the area its all closed.

Eritrea has more possible supporters and reserve connection than anyone else. Since a big part of the population is same tribe as the one in Eritrea.

Dekeme was deputy Prime-Minister and in theory, was suppose to replace Desalegn. It looks like no Amhara is in the running for the premiership. Let's see what they with OPDO members?

Che,

The best source for Amhara kilil politics is the diaspora. Especially in DC and London they are the most from king Haileslassie to Mengistu and to american lottery diversity visa.

1. Addis Abeba now is the most federal. Reason they do not want to be taken over by Oromo kilil

2. The Agew on the ground are pissed that some Amhara groups are supporting Oromo simply to overthrow the government. This fight will only show in ANDM, not in diaspora since the Agew are not represented in Diaspora, very few websites

3. The Oromo declaring to make their language federal means the Amhara will lose advantage in beaurocracy in many areas. The Amhara is the least bilingual or multilingual for obvious reasons.

4. The Amhara and Oromo diaspora are accusing each other. Somebody has to do the messy and dirty work on the ground. You never heard anything in the epicenter of Amhara that is Shiwa. The Amhara was expecting the Oromo to do the leg work and then join at the end and lead.

They both now are afraid of "I do not do it for you"

You will not see it on internet, but the Agew is most influential group in Amhara kilil. Reason since were most marginalized they were the ones fought the most in the past.

20 minutes ago, maakhiri1 said:

Genie is out of the bottle, it reached point of no return, Ethiopia will break into few countries.

I do not think so. Too many nationalities have interest in keeping it. And some are most organized that can act if need be. Are quit for now, but each have red lines.

Even Djibouti, Eritrea, Sudan, Somalia at this time have interest in keeping it.

Observer,

You seem to be pinning your hopes on Agew. From what I understand they are not numerically or financially strong. I don't see how they can arm-twist Amharas.  A fear of future marginalization might mobilize them but it is better to be at peace with your neighbors. That said, a violent breakup of Ethiopia is in no one's interest but the current status quo can't persist. Only real reform can save it and spare the Horn of anymore mass violence and displacement.

cadnaan1   

OO from what I read here Ethiopia is mess all these ethnics and tribes going against each other this is not sustainable in the long term the future does not look good for u guys. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Che -Guevara said:

Observer,

You seem to be pinning your hopes on Agew. From what I understand they are not numerically or financially strong. I don't see how they can arm-twist Amharas.  A fear of future marginalization might mobilize them but it is better to be at peace with your neighbors. That said, a violent breakup of Ethiopia is in no one's interest but the current status quo can't persist. Only real reform can save it and spare the Horn of anymore mass violence and displacement.

Don't get me wrong. One cannot and should not be pinning hope on somebody else, but the Agew are on the ground. If nubers meant something the Somali would not have been the one who contineously in one form or another fought against domination, colonialism by anybody for more than 100 years. The proportion of Oromo and Somali in Ethiopia was always the same. Since he did that the Somali does not have material wealth now, but have not lost his language, his culture, religion and generally speaking identity.

If somebody tells you is fighting a corrupt, but not the root or system that allows corruption, then simply is telling you that I want to replace the corrupt to have my turn.

If the Oromo tells you there is Tigray domination and since Oromo is bigger in number I should dominate, you need to learn my language.

You are a Somali- what do you say?

Lets get rid the system of domination whether you have 40 million or 4 million. That is the choice.

1 hour ago, Old_Observer said:

I do not think so. Too many nationalities have interest in keeping it. And some are most organized that can act if need be. Are quit for now, but each have red lines.

Even Djibouti, Eritrea, Sudan, Somalia at this time have interest in keeping it.

That is what many said of SOMALIA in 1991, anyway, If Ethiopians don't reform and build cohesive society, nobody can keep them together. Also, BIG problem lies with ETHNIC federation,specially for a poor country, It is big NO.

1 hour ago, maakhiri1 said:

That is what many said of SOMALIA in 1991, anyway, If Ethiopians don't reform and build cohesive society, nobody can keep them together. Also, BIG problem lies with ETHNIC federation,specially for a poor country, It is big NO.

Agreed.

Not many people have written or seen the oil companies role in 1991 Somalia.

It is either federalism or dintegration and federalism was better choice.

It has worked in Canada after a century now separation of the french is at its lowest. Being a poor and backward country is main difference, but core problem and solutions are same. The problem comes if Quebec wants Ontario to speak French.

The whole world is in flux anyway. Maybe is time for empires changing. The only thing one can do is stay as safe as possible and do not get into trouble either something you have no strategic interest or risk more than the return.

37 minutes ago, Old_Observer said:

The whole world is in flux anyway. Maybe is time for empires changing. The only thing one can do is stay as safe as possible and do not get into trouble either something you have no strategic interest or risk more than the return.

Finally, OO shrugs with resignation.😀

OO, everything will be alright. The Oromo, the Amhara and every other ethnicity in Ethiopia has a God given right to self determination. It was a pity that the late Meles and his woyane comrades—after fighting against the injustices of the Amhara Kings and Derg decided —having gained their own freedoms back—to take away the freedoms of their fellow Ethiopians. This was ver unfortunate, for what the Tigre have done has set back the Horn of Africa for a whole generation at a minimum. (You can never right a wrong with a wrong!) 

So the Tigre are rightfully scared shitless because of all the injustices and mistreatment they liberally heaped upon their fellow Ethiopians. But I hope for the sake of all us in the Horn, the Oromo do not repeat the mistakes of the Tigre, and the Amhara before them, that is, if the Oromo ever rise to power in the first place.

• Like 1