22 minutes ago, Ducale said:

The enemy is still habashi and will always be. Nothing will change on that front because for the average somali, the number one enemy of somali is habashi. Funnily enough, most amharas and somalis get along well. For the current political climate in the horn the best  option for somali is to work with the current ethiopian government.  I am not one who subscribe to the idea of, 'lets tear it down, then it will be harvest time'. 

But as long as Oromo don't take the helm all is well.

Ducale,

That is most reasonable and fair conclusion. The most important part of your conclusion is that its in the best interest of all or almost all Somali at this particular time. Going in the right direction, but not close to where the Somali can have a totally Somali only solutions to problems.

7 hours ago, cadnaan1 said:

OO u got toughest assignment by trying to sell to us the unsellable product which is tigray.

cadnaan1,

Do you ever ask youself who died and made me the seller and you the buyer?

I might have some on the ground information about some regions and peoples in Ethiopia, Eritrea, Sudan but I am not AI software that you can buy.

Since you seem to see at evrything from what would Ethiopia do, what would Ehiopia want etc let me give you one short information to consider.

When the Tigray were fighting the last thing in their plans, ideas would have been to go to Somali or Oromo or even Amhara country.

If you loose a million of your people to famine most of it man made and fight for survival of your people, would you think or motivated to go to NFD and fight Kenya. Only a fool or cruel and irresponsible would do that.

37 minutes ago, Suldaanka said:

All I am saying is, long after Somaliland and Somalia's issues are resolved, done and dusted and they go their separate ways. Long after most of the other regions of Somalia assume their normalcy...

The following regions will still be under foreign occupation:  Bay, Bakool & Gedo regions. 

And in many ways Mogadishu will also be remotely controlled from a number of regional capitals including Addis Abeba, Nairobi and Kampala. 

You are giving too much undue weight to the current conditions and being too influenced by it in predicting future.

This all can go away in a matter of 6 months.

How long do you reckon took to sort out the major problems in Somali kilil and have a functioning government? I am sure you would have said worst about Somali kilil 10 years ago.

12 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Hargeysa has its own Tigre/Xabashi version general like Gabre. His name is Berhe Tesfaye. He keeps low profile, though.

MMA on the lighter side:

TESFAYE is Amhara

TESFAY is Tigray

Why put down some region to relatively look better, why not also look those who are better and say I am doing worst.

If you had government and rebels fighting in your territory, which you had,

If you had war lords fighting in your neighborhood, which you didn't

If you had foreigners fighting in your backyard Ethiopians and Shabab which you didn't

If you had fallen on hard times either you cannot farm or herd since its war zone or draught

If you had foreign army stationed and keeping guard for everything around you

Its a combination of so many things, coincidences or plans outside your control or capacity.

That is what Inventing and Building the Liyu in Somali kilil achieved, but Bay and Bakool does not have leaders or conditions for that kind of program.

9 hours ago, Old_Observer said:

An employee in the consulate not even the consul general.

OO,  why are u  insulting our intelligence? why would  HIGH RANKING TIGRAY spy advertise his real position?  He could even register as the janitor, what is his role in TIGRAY military?  :), MMA is right,  Consul General reports to him.

9 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

OO,  why are u  insulting our intelligence? 

Everything else is expected and reasonable, but that is not and even if you keep it, please place it very bottom last of your list.

As for MMA reasoning. I think MMA gives too much weight to Tigray both good and bad. Good to be careful and reasoning, bad to think there is Tigray under every nomad's tree shed.

MMA, Please read some Ethiopian sites lately and see what some "top analysts" are saying about Tigray preparing themselves and their friends for separation if chaos ensues. That is really extreme debilitation.

Duufaan   

Jaaliyadee? xafiisku wuxuu furanyahay 8:30 subaxnimo  Xitaa soomaaliland maabka kuma calaamadsana. Dhibtaas ayay leedahay qowmidaha yaryar ee madax banaan ama madax banaani sheegta. waa naag carmala oo kale oo marba nin cusub raadinaysa. kii guursadaana siduu doono kayeelo. Jabuuti may kuwaayo arkaan.

Itoobiya has extensive spy network in Ethiopia and Somalia. Within Ethiopia, apart from traditional security agencies, the party uses its members to spy on  neighbors. Those who work with the government are rewarded, for instance, if a farmer wants fertilizers, the price is keeping an eye on his neighbors. Every neighborhood, subdivision and street have assigned residents who report any new movement, new residents, etc.

In Somali territories, spies work as day laborers, university lecturers, businessmen and of course, there are the Somali collaborators.

2 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

In Somali territories, spies work as day laborers, university lecturers, businessmen and of course, there are the Somali collaborators.

I think the same can be said of any country. The same works the opposite direction for Somalis as well. The two countries have common shared people, common shared religion and so many other shared history bad or good.

The two countries can have information on each other so cheaply and economically. There are people on each side that are closer to the other side since thousand years. These are interacting peoples.

16 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

Itoobiya has extensive spy network in Ethiopia and Somalia. Within Ethiopia, apart from traditional security agencies, the party uses its members to spy on  neighbors. Those who work with the government are rewarded, for instance, if a farmer wants fertilizers, the price is keeping an eye on his neighbors. Every neighborhood, subdivision and street have assigned residents who report any new movement, new residents, etc.

If there is one lesson we need to take from world history is that fear, oppression and corruption can only go so far and will eventually lead to regime collapse.

Its only a matter of time and just like how the KGB failed to keep together the mighty Soviet Union, the Tigray Spy Network will also fail to impose its hegemony on Ethiopia and the region.