Sign in to follow this  
roobleh

Taking the guess work out of Eid!

roobleh   

How can we take the guess work out of fasting and Eid? Can we use Astronomical calender to start Ramadan and end it?

According to the calender, the new Moon, though not visible to most people except during a solar eclipse, will occur on Thursday, October 11, 2007. That means Eid will be this coming Friday. The Moon repeats its full cycle on every 29.5 days,on average. And two full moons occur in a month every 2.7 years, the second full moon being called a “Blue Moon”. Hence the expression “Once in a Blue Moon”.

Well, I dont know who mentioned this, but "apparently" its predicted that al yowmul aakhir will occur on a friday when its Eid.

So in other words, *some scholars* might not be so keen on announcing Friday as Eid.

Which obviously begs the question, does God really need us to proclaim its Eid to wrap this world!

Funny stuff!

I for one, am hoping tomorrow is Eid. Honestly, I cant take another day of fasting. I just want to eat and celebrate.

-Lily-   

Denovo, it seems a good way of knowing without having to rely on the naked eye.

Dabshid, is it maghrib already? I don't think so, so how can you know?

I took tmwr off just in case, but would be just as happy with a Saturday Eid.

Ms DD   

Lily said that she'd be taking the day off from work..as I will. That way we get extended weekend.

I can feel it in me bones that it is NOT eid tomorrow.

Ibtisam   

I think the shike at the mosque said it is Eid 2morrow and hence last nyt of tarwiir.

Serenity: Really I've never heard that before, suddenly I'm not looking forward to 2morrow anymore! :(

P.s. I think it was laytaul qadar last nyt, today was so calm and peaceful and good weather, well at least here in London. On the 25th & 27th we had a mini monsoon!

Iwrote my day off slip yesterday, in fact Sheekh jacalka supported me to fill the little form when i asked SOL, when is Eid?, he prompted it's friday, and filled it so - therefore la jiifiyaana banaan la joogiyaana banaan.

Secondly as far as taraawix is finished last night - you' all expect an Ciid, and its time to rejoice.

-Lily-   

Originally posted by Dabshid:

Lily, You just dont want to fast tomorrow? do you?
:D
I will be the first to announce if it is eid tomorrow,

LoL Dabshid, there have been years when I could not fast another day but at the moment I could do with a day's sleep before facing any kind of celebration. But everyone loves Eid.

Ghanima, really? Who knows, I felt it was the 27th. It is a nice sunny autumn day outside.

N.O.R.F   

I have a feeling its tomorrow meaning rushing out and doing some last minute shopping. I wouldnt mind another day of Ramadan.

Som@li   

Last nite I couldnt access most of the roads near the shopping centres, pple are shopping like crazy, the quite cafe in Ab Dhabi Mall where i used to go for a coffee with friends,became too noisy.

Guys, Just hold on, it is few hrs before u either celebrate or prepare for Tarawih. :D