Sign in to follow this  
Blessed

Stop Police Terror

Bashi,

You can have your own opinions. But it is people who are constantly putting words in my mouth and taking my posts out of context. That is mainly why I post more than twice in any thread. My posts are not confrontational but merely my input into the topic. Sorry it is not to your liking but I am here to just voice me. I rather not have people put words in my mouth. Exactly where am I paranoid in this post? because I said we have few bad seeds that need to be dealt with in our community? When I say community I am talkinga bout the greater muslim community. It was underdog I believe that said things along the lines of tapping phone lines and some BS like that. This is what I do not appreciate from this forum. People who have different ideas or bring different opinions to the table are often treated as outcasts(for lack of a better word). All I said was..we need to deal with issues within our community..all you have to do is debate THAT issue. Trust me brother, I ain't mad....just annoyed at people nitpicking my posts and deforming what I say constantly and consistently! (case and point: underdog claiming that I am a homosexual at another post)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

underdog   

I did WHAT??????

I may have stated my opinion on the matter but I didn't and won't call names. Not sure where you got that idea but I'm not picking a fight here. I may not agree with your views, but I can respect your right to have them.

I'm sorry if you feel personally targeted but my intention was not such. Like yourself, I respond to posts to state my views.

Baashi   

Originally posted by Opinionated:

Bashi,

You can have your own opinions. But it is people who are constantly putting words in my mouth and taking my posts out of context. That is mainly why I post more than twice in any thread. My posts are not confrontational but merely my input into the topic.
Sorry it is not to your liking but I am here to just voice me. I rather not have people put words in my mouth.
Exactly where am I paranoid in this post?
because I said we have few bad seeds that need to be dealt with in our community? When I say community I am talkinga bout the greater muslim community
. It was underdog I believe that said things along the lines of tapping phone lines and some BS like that.
This is what I do not appreciate from this forum. People who have different ideas or bring different opinions to the table are often treated as outcasts(for lack of a better word)
. All I said was..we need to deal with issues within our community..
all you have to do is debate THAT issue
. Trust me brother, I ain't mad....just annoyed at people nitpicking my posts and deforming what I say constantly and consistently! (case and point: underdog claiming that I am a homosexual at another post)

Opinionated

You too can have your opinion. Don’t be sorry...it shouldn’t be to my liking or any other nomad for that matter as you have just stated. This is merely misunderstanding between us (I would like to think so). It is either that my reading comprehension is not up to par or you have difficulty in conveying your thoughts clearly and unequivocally.

Putting words in your mouth is unmanly and I don’t endorse that type of tactics. Drawing sufficient conclusion from insufficient premises (your posts) is a fair game, however.

Your posts (some) annoy me. The positions you have taken post after post are strange and unusual. This is a personal opinion. I read the “bad seeds that need to be dealt with in our community” differently...it reminds me Ashcroft and his Big Brother apparatus’s line of reasoning. I thought them as victims not as “terrorist”. One important point that should be obvious to you is the function of the forum. What we post on the net is open for nitpicking, dissection and refutation. If you interpret that as targeting or confrontational is your call...in my book they qualify as disagreement and those who complain about that are paranoid to me as they assume there is sinister plot agaisnt them.

I hope I’m clear this time around because I don’t want another tit for tat one along these line every time I post an input that disagrees with your input.

Macalin   

Putting words in your mouth is unmanly and I don’t endorse that type of tactics. Drawing sufficient conclusion from insufficient premises (your posts) is a fair game

----------

LOL Endorse?..its like u have the authority to do that, anyways am kidding...u still don have to say what someone wrote to be insufficient, u can say you dont agree with it, but u cannot make sufficient conclusions rather Clear opinion on ur thoughts...my opinion....thnxs

As for Ms Opinionated I honestly Believe That You Guys are Targetting her for expressing her Opinions..if u dont like wat the young sister is voicing, disagree with it civily and Not Taking words out of context....Dont Polarise issues like that!

If i may Finish, guys sorry am taking Long(lol), Police Brutality is and Has always been there b4 9/11--W.Salaam

king_450   

i was kind skeptical first to understand what is all the fuss in here,the topic seems legitimate and clear cut. But then again after going back and re-reading i did notice why it has changed from its orignial intended purpose .{Police Terror) do exist big time, no doubt about it, but here is my problem too without prejudice,just read this quote and tell me what you think.

What is worse than them is the actual terrorists living amongst us, claiming to be practicing our religion and are continuously giving us a bad name!

that is a bad choice of wording,i don't know how you define terrorist? in Western Society now days the term "Terrorist" means to them 'any one who is Muslim" so that is where you have draw the line and refuse to be bombarded news claims that constantly accuse Muslims , i mean all Muslims to be some sort of Collaborators of anti Western.

If that is what you meant and your conclusion supports their claim,then ppl have right to thread back negatively towards you, but with respect .But if you don't then you all in the same boat.

Now back to the police, yes the worst of them have the badge and blv me they will use it for their benefit, just be cautious and smart.

Blessed   

Seems like the topic has taken a negative turn.

Some of ya’ll have misunderstood Opinionated – she wasn’t attacking Muslims who practice Islam– but Muslims who use terrorism as a tool for change. There is a difference. Perhaps people have assumed she was attacking Muslims because they expected her to – but asking for clarifications can resolve the confusion… lets just give each other the benefit of the doubt, eh?

BACK TO THE TOPIC

King

Police Brutality is one thing. When the law of the state condones their brutality – it’s a whole different matter. The Terrorism Act gives these thugs powers that enable them to treat law abiding British Citizens as they wish – this in a sense makes it illegal for Muslims to practice their religion – giving dawah, paying Zakah – helping the needy ummah. It is ridiculous and what’s even worse is the level of apathy shown by the Muslim community.

Bee

I too fear their next move, like Northerner says - we should be looking to bounce out of here. But in the mean time - we shouldn't sit back and allow them to treat people who are contributing to their society as trash.

Underdog,

Thank for clarifying that for me bro.

This seems like an insufficient conclusion from my post. A very negative one at most.

Originally posted by Baashi:

it reminds me Ashcroft and his Big Brother apparatus’s line of reasoning.

Ameenah,

People do expect me to have an anti-islamic view on every single issue because of the mahram post. So whenever I post anything else, they automatically take the defensive....and my name and/or logos seem to be making quite a fuss these days. This is getting pretty old, if you ask me. Lets be grown ups and stick to the topic at hand and not digress, k?!

Originally posted by Ameenah:

Perhaps people have assumed she was attacking Muslims because they expected her to –

Underdog, go read up on posts you have made within 24 hours. That might clear up your memory a lil.

Baashi   

^^Hehehe 2 thumps up! awesome!

Semantics of Bush’s Big Brother police state is simple: Evil is inherent in Islam and its ways. Evil should be crushed and put to rest down six feet under. Within the homeland Evil sympathizers and the “terrorist” should be searched, profiled, intimidated, fingerprinted, and watched over with the help all modern technology can offer. In this line of reasoning evil and Islam are inseparable.

Who are they? They are not White supremacists, malcontents, gangs, or illegal Hispanics nooooooooooo they are those who have national affiliations with Islamic countries. Where to find them? In Mosques, Muslim charities and Muslim communities midst in America, Britain, etc.

Intelligence institutions should be reformed and its employee should be indoctrinated so that they can have the awareness of the terror posed by these fundamentalists – the Salafis, the Wahabis, the ones that have ambitions to institute Islamic state.

If above-mentioned line of reasoning is true then we should cease complaining about the Police Terror for they are patriotic men who are defending their homeland against this heinous Islamic terror. Why should they trust this important task of weeding out the bad seeds within Muslim community for those whose faith is same as the terrorists? If they are in search of Muslims who use terrorism as a tool for change or as a venue to present their grievances, they might as well use some brutality to an evil enemy capable to repeat the New York tragedy.

I personally don’t buy the opinion that few malcontents among us are worst than the ones who would like to crush and humiliate us all because their existence. I am mindful that because IRA or Aryan Nation or Macveighs exist Christians or Irish don’t suffer as a result.

Having said that, there are real issues in Islamic world in general and Muslim community in the Diaspora in particular. Illiteracy, poverty, ignorance, and all that living abroad and being new to the block entails. I fail to see how one connects our problems to terrorism in our midst under ‘Police Terror” thread. Are we suffering because ‘terrorist’ live among us under the banner of the good name of Islam? Who is the villain here?

Drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises is what makes the world round. No one is immune from this…it is part of life. Giving the benefit of the doubt, asking clarification, abstaining infinite regression, acting as grown ups, and putting a check on the exercise of premature judgment is a good advice…and I thought I’ve done that except I have formed my opinion without insulting or stepping anybody’s toes. Speaking of expectations...well expect more of this :D

I am mindful that because IRA or Aryan Nation or Macveighs exist Christians or Irish don’t suffer as a result.

This is true, when was the last time we heard the term "christian terrorist" being used? They are not at war with a few "bad seeds" as they would like to have us think, they are at war with an ideaology that's destined for supremecy.

Rokko   

oh how did I miss this post.

What is worse than opinionated's little comments is that when people disagree, some dudes (maybe admirers, maybe friends) come to her rescue as if this is some kind of a popularity contest on which hero can save her best na'mean.

It is getting tiresome wallaahi. Boring game.

Lakkad, to be honest, Ameenah's post was about police brutality and opinionted turned it into a "MUSLIM TERRORISTS ARE WORSE" kind of talk we hear from FOX NEWS na'mean. The "muslims are bad" stuff is the real polorizing issue Lakkad. Don't miss the point yourself. We muslims don't want to hear that stuff na'mean. If anyone makes any such comment, ya'all should expect others to disagree na'mean. This is a muslim forum na'mean. Read the rules of the website.

Lakkad you warned others not to make any "sufficient conclusion". But you yourself are making the "sufficient conclusion" that others are after opinionated. weird logic.

much respect.

Asalaama calaykum.

I think this somali proverb sums it up: FALAARTII CIRKA LOO GANAY, NIN WALBOW FILO. The day that you become a proper practicing muslim or muslimah, you are a target and a potential threat to the western ways and life style. Period.

Plus, anyone who suffers with good Iimaan, dont you worry, he/she will be rewarded by Allah.

Those that can not see thru the double standard of the West, we hope them khayr, insha Allah.

Finally, I heard of one good muslim somewhere in Afghanistan during the US and Co bombing saying to the muslims, "dont you just watch us, we are the first line, and you guys (the rest of the muslims) will be next." I guess it has come home!

Salams

Jamilah   

Asalamu Calaykum,

Ameenah mentioned earlier that if it was not for the extremists we would not be in this situation we are in, with the police brutalities and etc.

I disagree with this perception greatly; the hatred the Kufars’ possess towards us is unimaginable and these cases of brutality were inevitable.

Why is it some Muslim people actually consider other Muslims “terrorists”? , The contemplation is thought provoking, some Muslims’ seem to forget or don’t even realize that this is a war waged on us (i.e. every single Muslim on the face of this earth) and one continued by Al-Qaeda. You may argue there were innocents killed but there was also innocent Muslims killed around the world. Muslims have been terrorized in Palestine, Bosnia, Chechnya, Afghanistan, Indonesia and Iraq.

Undoubtably the attacks on NYC, Indonesia and Kenya were an act of retaliation towards the countries America, Australia and Israel.

Salaam

P.S Well said Geel-Jire, i agree with you 100%

Blessed   

Salaams all,

Jamilah

Ameenah mentioned earlier that if it was not for the extremists we would not be in this situation we are in, with the police brutalities and etc.

I disagree with this perception greatly; the hatred the Kufars’ possess towards us is unimaginable and these cases of brutality were inevitable.

I suppose. But it is legitimised by the Terrorism Act - which was drawn up as a result of the 'terrorism' committed by some 'Muslims'. ‘Kufars’ had no reason to unleash this war on terror on innocent Muslims had they not had an excuse to do so .. and what better excuse than Sept 11.

Why is it some Muslim people actually consider other Muslims “terrorists”?

I don't consider other Muslims as terrorists walaal! Otherwise I would not have started this topic.

Laakin, how would you define the New York affair? Holly War - subxan Allah - that goes against the very nature of our beautiful deen. AlQaeda might have well been fighting jihaad in Afghanistan… why they had to bomb New York is mystery to me!

As far as suicide bombing and other acts of terror go, some Muslim groups (such as AlQaeda) do use them as a tool of change. Is this Islamic? The Quraan clearly instructs us to fight those who fight you, right? And how about all the innocent Muslims that got killed? What sort image is this sending off about Islam and the Muslims? And is it on the Way of the Messenger (saw) ?

You know, the Prophet (saw) is there to be followed- and the Police Terror, Afghanistan, Iraq and I’m sure this list will grow in the following year or so – is a direct result of the Sept.11 affair. Bin Laden gave Bush a go ahead by that attack and we want to defend it…!!

You may argue there were innocents killed but there was also innocent Muslims killed around the world. Muslims have been terrorized in Palestine, Bosnia, Chechnya, Afghanistan, Indonesia and Iraq.

Undoubtably the attacks on NYC, Indonesia and Kenya were an act of retaliation towards the countries America, Australia and Israel.

So we go and kill their innocent civilians! Where is the justice in that? Where is the xikmah and again is this the way of our Messenger (saw)?

It seems that we are letting the kafirs re-interpret our Islam for us. If something is not from the Quraan and the Sunnah there is no defending it. And when I criticise AlQaeda and such groups it's not to be assumed that I'm taking sides with Bush and Blair - they too are terrorists!

The whole point of my arguemnt is that innocent Muslims are being targgeted for simply practicing their deen.

However we can't deny that there are Muslims who use terrorism as a tool for change.. Bin Laden did admit to being responsible for the Sep. 11 attackes did he not? That Plasetinian group did say they were behind the Kenya holdiday resort bomb did they not? So where is the assuming?

Our loyalty should always be with our brothers in faith – but when they are committing injustices against humanity on the grounds of they national jihad – we shouldn’t be patting their backs – but correcting their ways! Also, how can we challenge, complain about Police brutality, Bush’s unjust war – if we are not prepared to acknowledge and condemn the wrongs of our own …. That’s more in line with Bush’s my way or U will be bombed strategy!!