Sign in to follow this  
GAAROODI

Who is your favorite philosopher?

GAAROODI   

I see a lot of people of on Somaliaonline.com who think of themselves as intellectuals always making fun of one another, i have to admit many would put me in that catagory however i just wanted to know what your philosophical beliefs are and by this i dont mean religious beliefs we are all muslims here. But in terms of western philosphical beliefs. I think this would probably answer a lot of questions and show everyones true light.

My favorite philosophers, include:

The great, Friedrich W. Nietzsche

A man who dared to think outside the box and into the unkown, the man who argued that life is about suffering and that you should love hardship because it is this hardship that makes you who you are: (the man who coined the phrase what doesnt kill me makes me stronger).

http://www.youtube.c om/watch?v=GH2fKa1aZ fQ&feature=fvw

Another great: Isiah Berlin

The man who got into the root of the human mind and human interaction, he argued that mankind are children and animals and should not be left on there own but must be controlled by the state to protect them from one another.

One of my all time favorites: Plato

Plato Argued that just because everyone believes in something it doesnt make it right, whats right is the theory you develop and redevelop on your own analysis to the extent that once you have come to your ultimate conclusion it can not be wavered or proven wrong, if it is then redevelop it until you reach the ultimate conclusion.he argued don't be a sheep who follows the heard but believe in what you think is intellectually and morally correct.

I think if somali's new anything about these three philosophers they would be unstoppable.

GAAROODI   

Berlin, is good because he shows us (somali's) how to live together without interfering in others liberty.

Nietzsche, is good because wether it is Somaliland or Somalia all humans go through hardship and this hardship as he argues will only make us stronger.

Plato is good because he empowers our individual liberty and corrects the main somali dillema of following the heard, we need to promote individualism, the more individualistic we are the less dangerous the somali plight will become.

GAAROODI   

Jacaylbaro, this is probably why somali's are the smallest minded people in the world and this is pretty much ultimately why they have destroyed themselves. Europe was the most backward place in the world, with 2 world wars and countless revelutions and instabilities, it was philosophy that got them out of trouble.

You can be your own philopsher, but you can learn from yourself, you could only learn from others. God himself said learn.

maybe its time we somali's stop taking ourselves so seriously and learn from the mistakes of others.

GAAROODI   

Watch the full documentary: The future of ruling the somali people lay in coersion, seperation and distraction were the states create harmony between the peoples. promote something to distract them from clannism, promote business, promote materialism. Destroy the concept of clannism through education,media and all other tools.

http://video.google. com/videosearch?q=ne gative+and+positive+ liberty&emb=0&aq=f#q =The+Trap+%5BWHTODOF %3F%5D+We+will+force +you+to+be&emb=0

The future of Somaliland.

GAAROODI   

Jacaylbro, your mistake is that just because its from Europe it should be looked down on, my arguement is that the basic concept of humans are all the same , wether you are in germany or somaliland you are the same, what has worked for germany if a success can always be replicated. Dont close your mind, people are people and because of this ideals and philosphies have to be studied.

Europe studied Islamic philosophy Avarowis, Al andalus and Baghdad and this sparked there Reinassance, We should study western philosophy today, to spark our own renaissance.

RedSea   

How about learning from the Prophet Peace be upon him. We dont need to follow the examples of idol worshipers like plato when we have the Prophet pbuh.

Poker   

My late mother, may ALLAH bless her soul and grant her the Jana, was the greatest philosopher I've ever met.

MARKA KAAN KU ARKO

WAAN KA MAQSUUDI LAA

DHIBTAAN SOO MAREE

HOOYOOY MACAAN!

I really miss her...LOVE you Mom!

NGONGE   

My favourite philosopher is Saceed Sakhran. He was once asked, "What is the meaning of life?" and, after scratching his head for a while and hiccupping a couple of times said "Allah og!"

On another occasion, he was asked "Why do people kills each other?" and, after taking a couple of long sips from his vodka bottle and wiping the tears of his face said "Allah Og!"

On a third occasion, he was asked, "Who came first, the chicken or the egg?" and, after taking the last sip from his vodka bottle, making a loud sound to clear his burning throat and throwing the bottle against the wall, he pointed at it and said "Wale qoraaradan madhan ba idin ka caqli weyn".

Not many people have heard of him but I aim to spread his good name and inform the world about the greatness of Saceed Sakhran and his famous "Wisdom Under The Influence" theory.