Sign in to follow this  
wacdaraha_aduunka

Question

Girls help a brother out with this.

I met this girl several times on the subway and we always get off at the same stop while going to work. But then one day the boss came in and said I have a new colleague and there she was. I knew from the start that she was somali but I didnt talked to her in Somali. As we didnt work at the same department,there wasnt much interaction but then a collegue told me that she was asking a lot of questions about me to other co-workers, and as my name is muslim but still a common name with christians and that didnt give her a clue about where I was from. As i dont look like a typical somali the girl thought I was something else. To cut the story short me and the girl have gone out several times and she doesnt suspect a thing and yea its nice to hear all the nice things she says about me to her somali friends on the phone and I undestand everything. I think this is what motivated me into not telling her the truth from the start :D

But its gone on for so long that if I told her the truth she might think am not an a honest person, and iyadana waa iska daacad oo weligeedana ima weydiso hadaan somali ahay or even what race I am so how am I gonna break it down to her?

Well, you messed this up right from the beginning, didn't you? I'm not sure what your intention was in terms of misleading her but your only hope now is that she is easily forgiving or that she at least has strong enough feelings for you to overcome your silly behaviour.

Ms DD   

Making fool of her isnt cool at all. As Val said, she'd better be a forgiving person, cos i am not sure wether most women would forgive you.

Iyadaaba tu kale ah..why isnt she asking questions about your background to your blood type if you went out few times? She is maskiinad and daacad walle.

Malika   

^I am confused,is being gullible means one is dacaad?

It sounds like the sister has an open mind,race isnt an issue to her, hadhii kale she would have asked you along time if your Latino or Nigerian.She might just find it embarrasing that you have over heard her convesations when she was talking about you. Tell her, if its important to you,it seems its not important to her.Horta has she told you she is Somali? I mean did you guys discuss background information at any point?

Is natural to ask the background of person u went out with, even collegues ask each other backgrounds, wheather ther Scotish or Pakistani. So either u lied to her when she asked u and if she did not then it means she is not even intrested in u other than a lunch-time buddy.

chubacka   

Well if she doesn't know where you're from, then you pretend you dnt have a clue where she is from...jst say "where did you say you were from?"

OMG I am somali too....

good luck!

chubacka i like that one :D Adam no bruh am not italian somali am full somali but both my grandmothers were white and arab and that explains maybe why I escaped the infamous forehead :D .

The reason why I didnt tell her from the get-go is that I've always sensed that most somali girls open up more to non somali guys cause they wouldnt know shit about them. Anyways she never asked if I was somali and I just told her that I was born in Marocco and thats true and since then I just let that though of hers flow. So she thinks am maroccan but I never said that but now am stuck. Maalin baa labadeenu isla soconaa ayaa hoyadey inaga hortimid alxamdulilaah af ingriis beynu kuwada hadalnay. I made a quick exit out of that conversation :D:D

Call up a Somali buddy on the phone while you're with her and let her hear all your conversation. When she asks your nationality in a panicked voice, calmly smile and say "oo yaad ii maleeysay ina adeer."? This should have her second guessing herself!

LoooL. If I were her I wouldn't give a damn but listening in to the conversations she's having is not cool. Just tell her. Be prepared to be dropped like a hot baradho.