Sign in to follow this  
Prometheus

Saudi Scholars and Adult Breast-Feeding

I have read but the title of this thread and all I can say is ahkaass!!

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

My apologies, I am yet to summon the will power to read all these essays. I may or may not return later with something more intelligent to say. *keep watching this space* icon_razz.gif

NGONGE, that's why this discussion, though seemingly provincial, is pertinent to Somalis. Historically, much of our cultural and religious influences have been imported from that country. Should the forces of progress and modertaion prevail in Saudi Arabia, the benighted tradionalists would run for the hills. The erosion of mullah authority and credibility would be complete. Bizarre disquistions about breast-feeding hadiths would become a thing of the past. The draconian rules of gender segregation, the scourge of Saudi society, as Blessed and Che-Guevera noted, would be ammended.

Hail the cave dwellers, indeed. It is in the interest of Saudis (and Somalis) for these mullahs to continue to express their odd religious opinions openly, as it is a welcome contrast to the opinions of the forces of progress and moderation.

xiinfaniin, fair enough sxb.

Maaddeey, 'naaqusnimaad niiq la leedahay' ee waxan ku idhi cayaayirka intaad joojisid mawduuca ridaac al kabiir soo yara baadh waxa laga yidhi. Xadiisku inuu Bukhari ku yaal cidina dood kama qabto, waxase ii caddaaday inaad safiih tahay, marka adeer waad iga raali ahaanaysaa jawaab kale ma mudnid.

nuune   

^^ Xadiiska Muslim buu ku yaalaa ee Bukhaari ma ahan, isagoo mutawaatir ah baad ka helaysaa Muslim.

PS: Lets not twist the Hadith to fit personal opinion, everyone is aware that the said Hadith is mistranslated, misplaced and abused for different purposes, and it is usually the mainstream media that does all that, and now, the Muslims themselves are doing exactly the same!

I was reffereing to the Hadith Quoted by Khayr. I didnt know the issue was in question. I remmber listening to one of Sheikh Boqol soon's tapes a couple of years ago and if I remember correctly, IT was permissible.

Whatever the case, it aint worth all the hoolaha about this because I doubt that sheikhs are knocking on these family homes reinforcing suckling.

Tuujiye   

War waxaan micnaha laheen oo markaste laga murmo ayaa diinteena haleenayo....

People, baxa diinta barta yaaqee ee iska dhaafa shiikh yadaan iyo sharciyadooda... wixii sharci ah iyo wixii aan aheen, ilaahee baa mar hore noo sheegay ee baxa tiina u barta...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

nuune   

^^ C&H, which culumo abaaydeey, the major Culumo our Imaamyaal(Maalik, Xanafi, Shaafici & Xanbali) all agree this Hadith, and that is all matters.

ElPunto   

There was an article about this in the NY Times a while back:

A fatwa free-for-all in the Islamic world

By Michael Slackman

Published: Monday, June 11, 2007

CAIRO — First came the breast-feeding fatwa: It declared that the Islamic restriction on unmarried men and women being together could be lifted at work if the woman breast-fed her male colleagues five times. Then came the urine fatwa: It said that drinking the urine of the Prophet Muhammad was deemed a blessing.

For the past few weeks, the breast-feeding and urine fatwas have proved a source of national embarrassment in Egypt, not least because they were issued by representatives of the highest religious authorities in the land.

For many Muslims, fatwas, or religious edicts, are the bridge between the principles of their faith and modern life. They are supposed to be issued by religious scholars who look to the Koran and teachings of the Prophet Muhammad for guidance.

While the more sensational pronouncements grab attention, the bulk of the fatwas involve the routine of daily life. In Egypt alone, thousands are issued every month.

The controversy in Cairo has been more than just embarrassing. It comes at a time when religious and political leaders say there is a crisis in Islam because too many fatwas are being issued and many rely on ideology more than learning.

Link

nuune   

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

Agree on what? It was my understanding that such situation was permissible. But now it aint?

Agree on what exactly the Hadith talks about smile.gif

Tuujiye   

^^^ Arlee war waan ku tuugaa nuune wax in uu kuu faa iideeyo ha weydiisan yaaqee.. Baalal aa kaasoo baxaayo runtii waa duulee aan ku dhahay sidii in 6 red bull kugu maqan yahay oo kale....

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Maaddeey   

Originally posted by Rhazes:

Maaddeey, 'naaqusnimaad niiq la leedahay' ee waxan ku idhi cayaayirka intaad joojisid mawduuca ridaac al kabiir soo yara baadh waxa laga yidhi.
Xadiisku inuu Bukhari ku yaal cidina dood kama qabto
, waxase ii caddaaday inaad
safiih
tahay, marka adeer waad iga raali ahaanaysaa jawaab kale ma mudnid.

Yaa Khabeeth, provide page & hadeeth number and what chapter and lets see who's safiih!.

Ridacul Kabiir, Akthar min cishreen sanah ka hor ayaan ogaa waxa culimadu ka yiraahdeen!, and qisatu Saalim, Mawlaa Abii Xudaifa (fii saxiixi Muslim) is stuck in my mind!, marka Zindiiqoow Sol cidla ha moodin!.

Ridaacul Kabiir waa mas'alah khilaafiyah ah oo Jumhuurku ka soo hoorjeedaan, kutubta xadiista & fiqhiga ayayna ku taallaa!.

Somalina   

lol@Zindiiqoow... Maadey you've got mad skills me say! halkaas ka sii wad halgankaada iyo recruiting kaaga! Bless your soul aan kuugu daray!