Che -Guevara

Somali Government Finances

YoniZ   

The first time I see Somali minister immensely knowledgeable about his portfolio.

Well done Minister Bayle, proud Nomad with the humility of wise leadership.

galbeedi   

My biggest take on the budget is Somalia is headed to the road of responsible and accountable government. Government budget has been debated within every level of government including the parliament. Parliament committees were present during the deliberation of the budget. 

Transparency and open budget is what responsible and accountable governments do. The only thing I want to see the budget allocations which also show the government priority.

When I compare this to the  almost 30 years old  government of Somaliland, It really shows the difference between a  tribal enclave and accountable government.

For seven years, there were not one single deliberation or debate inside the parliament in Somaliland regarding any budget. For seven years, not one single item of the budget was reversed or changed. Usually the Hargeisa west faction of the " Jeegaan" allocates the budget as they wish. Sometimes, the the Siilaanyo palace used to get almost 10% of the budget. The palace has more money than water ministry, transport or the nearest six ministeries. It is the theft of public money through the finance minister.

I hope the Jeegaan  tribe in Hargeisa would learn something  from the Somali government budget .

galbeedi   

Mooge,

Yes, he is all over the place, but the man is really tough.

This man shows confidence and capability.

Ninkan Khayre Sidii uu Kacaanku ahaa todobaatanadii ayuu u hadlayaa. Waa nin kalsooni badani ka muuqato

If he stays with message and avoids bad moves that creates confrontation, Prime minister Khayre will finish his term. As I said many months ago, by far he is much stronger than all the prime ministers we have seen for the last 40 years.

Also, everyone including the " Unaka" led by Cali Geedi, the MOgadishu governor and H/G,  want his job. Neither of these guys are better than Khatre. If he keeps the EThiopian troops out of the country, avoids the "Qalbi Dhagax" type issues, and stays with message , we will support Mr. Khayre. 

6 hours ago, galbeedi said:

My biggest take on the budget is Somalia is headed to the road of responsible and accountable government. Government budget has been debated within every level of government including the parliament. Parliament committees were present during the deliberation of the budget. 

Transparency and open budget is what responsible and accountable governments do. The only thing I want to see the budget allocations which also show the government priority.

When I compare this to the  almost 30 years old  government of Somaliland, It really shows the difference between a  tribal enclave and accountable government.

For seven years, there were not one single deliberation or debate inside the parliament in Somaliland regarding any budget. For seven years, not one single item of the budget was reversed or changed. Usually the Hargeisa west faction of the " Jeegaan" allocates the budget as they wish. Sometimes, the the Siilaanyo palace used to get almost 10% of the budget. The palace has more money than water ministry, transport or the nearest six ministeries. It is the theft of public money through the finance minister.

I hope the Jeegaan  tribe in Hargeisa would learn something  from the Somali government budget .

You can slice it or dice it anywhere you see fit your narrative. But what matters at the end of the day are concrete outcomes on the ground. 

Holac   

Why does Kheyre move around his hand and fingers as if he is talking to subjects? It is a distraction. 

Galbeedi, I have a different view. I think Kheyre cherishes power and authority more than Somali politicians of recent times. Masuuliyadu is very humbling and one should know the gravity of its weight.  To me, Kheyre doesn't fully understand that true authority comes from the people. 

Duufaan   

I noticed khayre has speaking skills. He must have some nomadic life experience. He is a thinker and uses deep scientific and philosophical language.  I never seen Modish born politician got this kind of mainstream speaking talent.  Kind of language of revolution. You can see effort from him to express clearly in meaningful way. Definitely Khayre got talent, lot of people are still underestimating him. If he wants, he will have long political career. He is a more theocrat who focuses his biggest job ever.  He needs to visit around the country and be the people’s priminister. Farmaajo is a more informational speaker. He speaks simple language, easy to understand.t   Overall they selected good team but Bayle is excellent. Corrupted individuals in modish was not happy about Bayle and tried to remove him. But now he is the star of this government and his position is secure.

I think, the biggest loser is Thaibet, Banadir governor. He just became Mr. PR, instead of challenging the old culture there. He became part of the corruption. He publicly asked more money and the take over  of the security of modish at time of security improvement. Someway challanging his bosses. He seems  a big kid who does not know what to do. His office does not have budget plan as well. Now he want to hold a political meeting this time of political tensions.  I am guesting he will not be around too long.

Holac   

Sometimes you wonder why men like Beyle aren't given a chance to lead this nation. He is a great thinker who loves this country more than anyone. 

It is a curse. 

• Like 2

Holac   
2 hours ago, Duufaan said:

I think, the biggest loser is Thaibet, Banadir governor. Now he want to hold a political meeting this time of political tensions.  I am guesting he will not be around too long.

His Banadir conference is delayed again. It may turn ugly.