Sign in to follow this  
Holac

This is how you fight UGUS.

Holac   

PICTURES

122.jpg

Normally these kids would be told by their masters to strap explosives on themselves and blow civilians into pieces. Today, they are fed and sheltered, waiting for a trial in a court of law.

This is unreal.

galbeedi   

Puntland has eliminated the Al-Shabaab threat for now. This was a total effort by the people and their soldiers united. There were no ambiguity about who the enemy was. I am glad another Somali province is save today.

On the other hand, I am heart broken by the pictures of these innocent boys. Some are even 1o years old boys. Some probably would have joined this group just to wear that green army sweater. They have no school to go , food to eat and clothes to wear. Al-Shabaab is the only organized authority that is crisscrossing the country side and small town. They were looking a sense of belonging , and this is the only gang in town that gives them some kind belonging.

They are bombing and killing us, and in return, we are killing them equally.

Sidan hadday ku socoto waan isku dhamaanaynaa. We are destroying one another, while Culusow is working to manipulate the next election. We see bogus soldiers marching while his bedroom is protected by Ugandan soldiers.

We need a way to minimize and finally stop these reciprocal destruction of our youth and citizens, In restaurants, hotels and on the battle field . The time has come to change the course and get new ways of dealing this threat both in terms of strength and reconciliation. The foreign fighter equation of Al-shbaab must be separated from the local extremists.

Suicide belts, laptop bombs, car bombings and other sophisticated ways of destruction is the work of foreign elements. For the terrorists from abroad the Somali death is an stepping stone for their wicked agenda or just collateral damage. Somalis can not even wire a battery. We must sit with Mukhtar Robow and others while marginalizing those with foreign connections. I do not have all the angels , but we can not continue the same road. To achieve new goals , we need a new leadership.

The NGO led government must finish it's term and leave the way for a new leadership. If we do not change, expect another four years of death and mayhem. Do not be fooled by the staged pictures of the false army of Culusow. For the sake of these Somali kids things must change.

Tallaabo   

I could not have agreed with you more Galbeedi, this picture is horrifying. Ma caruurtan gaajoonaysa ayaa askar loogu yeedhayay? Subxaanallah walaahay xaaladu way xuntay Illaahay ha ina kala badbaadiyo.

Al-shabaab waligeed caruur bay ku dagaalamaysay, what has changed. What's all the shock now? It was these very same kids that fought Amisom and Somali government time and again. It's them who recently overrun heavy fortified bases, killed and maimed people. These young kids are trained assassins and battle hardened fighters, and I think we should not underestimate their capabilities.

What needs to be done is to find a way to rehabilitate them and allow them to function as normal kids again. It's also important to find ways in which the governments and even groups or individuals(religious or business people) can lure these kids away from AS camps. Find a safe channel to take them back, give them incentives, and safe heavens for them to run to.

If we don't do anything, but keep repeating the same emotional and empty rhetoric, and hope some miracles will happen to safe us from our selves, then I guess we will to finish each other to extinction.

Last night I was watching TED video of a man, a black man called Adam Foss, I think. He is persecutor in Boston. From inside he saw that as a man of color the justice system is not working properly or being fair to people of color, so he took upon himself to start making the change it needs and he somewhat managed. Why am I telling this? Well, we, most of us, want to see things change for the better, but most of us are sitting comfortably in another man's land (adopted homes) and wishing this and that! I am not pointing any fingers, but unless we start action-ing our thoughts, nothing will change. It needs our time, blood and effort to kick start the change we would like to see.