Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Fadeexad: East Burco community exposed claiming Dervish Warrior Taminlaaye

Saalax   

For many years the confused followers of Ahmed Silanyo were claiming

this man belongs to the Talobuur community. After some research by the

historical experts of the Bohol community from historical books it has

been found out he in fact belonged to the Central Sanaag community.

Shame on Silanyo followers trying to claim our warriors. What is next, claiming

Gabay Xoog? :D

"Agi Giama Yusuf detto Taminlaie (Rer S...... Yunis)" head bounty 250,000,

list of the most wanted men by the colonial forces

XxLc9JT.jpg

Saalax   

<cite>
said:</cite>

He belongs to all Somalis, i.e. if his cause was Somali cause.

True but they tried to lie about his paternal ancestry. It is a sin to claim

nin aan ku dhalin as your "father".

Haatu   

Not exactly related to the topic but I started reading Aw Jaamac Cumar Ciise's excellent biography of the Sayid and the Daraawiish in general. Despite his lofty ambitions and great personal qualities, it seems the Sayid made some blunders that eventually lead to his downfall. A clear example is the Dayax-Weerar battle against the Sand-dwellers. It seems even the Sayid knew this was an error when he later said:

Cii.dagale ma daaroo, an danqaabi maayo'e

Duubigey calaameyn, Diiriyaana u xididnoo

Dayax weear jeer hore rag baa igu dukhuloo

I remember speaking to an elderly reer Waqooyi duq a while ago and he mentioned the Sayid would have been successful if it weren't for three xa': 1- Xawda ka jar 2- Ma xujoobo and I forgot the third. It seems this old man was right.

(And no, I'm not biased against the Sayid just because my reer were against him).

xabad   

<cite>

Not exactly related to the topic but I started reading Aw Jaamac Cumar Ciise's excellent biography of the Sayid and the Daraawiish in general. Despite his lofty ambitions and great personal qualities, it seems the Sayid made some blunders that eventually lead to his downfall. A clear example is the Dayax-Weerar battle against the Sand-dwellers. It seems even the Sayid knew this was an error when he later said:

Cii.dagale ma daaroo, an danqaabi maayo'e

Duubigey calaameyn, Diiriyaana u xididnoo

Dayax weear jeer hore rag baa igu dukhuloo

I remember speaking to an elderly reer Waqooyi duq a while ago and he mentioned the Sayid would have been successful if it weren't for three xa': 1- Xawda ka jar 2- Ma xujoobo and I forgot the third. It seems this old man was right.

(And no, I'm not biased against the Sayid just because my reer were against him).

unbelievable!

you deciphering gabayo now

I doubt whether you were ever a sijuu

Haatu   

<cite>

unbelievable!

you deciphering gabayo now

I doubt whether you were ever a sijuu

I wonder where this steroetype that Somalis from NEP can't speak Somali originated from? What do you guys think we speak on a daily basis? English? Swahili?

This is a typical reer Gaaris person speaking Somali:

xabad   

not nfd i mean you were a sijui boy ala mohamed taajir of bbc who clearly could not comprehend somali n you said so.

what crash course did you take sxb ?

Mooge   

is it me or do Gaarisa people sound typical southerner HAG. listen to the guy being interviewed from Garisa. lol. his accent is waay different from a typical OG accent from Qoraxeey. loool.

Haatu, good for you niyoow that you slowly mastering somali language, lakin the qoraxeey accent should have been preserved.

Haatu   

<cite>

not nfd i mean you were a sijui boy ala mohamed taajir of bbc who clearly could not comprehend somali n you said so.

what crash course did you take sxb ?

Yeah you're right. My Somali was poor before.

Crash course? I simply spent time in NFD. I learnt from the people.

xabad   

<cite>

Yeah you're right. My Somali was poor before.

Crash course? I simply spent time in NFD. I learnt from the people.

good to hear.

are you married now ? how many kids.

wlc back.

Haatu   

<cite>

is it me or do Gaarisa people sound typical southerner HAG. listen to the guy being interviewed from Garisa. lol. his accent is waay different from a typical OG accent from Qoraxeey. loool.

Haatu, good for you niyoow that you slowly mastering somali language, lakin the qoraxeey accent should have been preserved.

Well NFD is strictly speaking part of Waamo which is part of Koonfur. Our accent is the same as all other reer Waamo and very similar to other Southerners. It's different from the galti accent (what your call qorraxey accent).

But even within NFD people's accents differ. People from the baadiya to the north of Garissa have a perculiar accent that's very unique among Somalis e.g. meejaan instead of meeshan (here), suubin instead of sameyn (to do). They kind of sound like someone who's carrablaay (speach defect, I doubt you guys will understand what this word means but I don't know what other Somalis call it).

And then you have those from Joorre (south NFD and parts of Lower Jubba) which have an even weirder accent, e.g. hindaay/aadey instead of hooyo, eri and orax instead of ari and qorax, and the way they speak is even funnier. Think a mixture of banaadiri, southern and something unique to them.

And then you have some near Wajeer who've mostly preserved the accent they came with from Soomaali Galbeed (all the OG tribes in NEP are from Soomaali Galbeed originally). Although this is only my sub-clan. Other clans in Wajeer area speak in a more southern dialect.

xabad   

Mooge

You adopt the tone and way of speaking of the people your live amongst, nothing stays the same. South African English has the same inflections as Afrikaans, the Tamil and Chinese Malaysia way jiid jiidaan hadalkooda like the Malays unlike their counterparts back home who speak in quickfire manner.